• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It wasn't like, last week recent, but it can't be any further back than 2 months at most.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Hey. I haven't talked on Smashboards in a long time, but I was just going through the threads and spotted this AllisBrawl Blog post on this page. That was hillarious. Thanks for posting it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Did you beat him just recently? THANK GOD we don't need anymore trolls who shoot their mouths off without proof.
Well, he doesn't seem like a bad guy and we ended on good terms..but yeah, I just hate when people go off about how terrible Sonic is (and duh, I'm aware he's terrible), it's just when it's all for the wrong reasons. Especially if you're going to judge how to beat a Sonic based on...someone who doesn't play Sonic >_<

but enough of that, I lol'd at that Yugi AiB blog...too good xD

:093:

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
lol at the topic title, before anyone jumps to conclusions.

it was a dollar MM in melee my ganon vs his falco.

THe rest of the con was stupid fun.
From the games i saw and played with wes, I feel like I am better than him. i went 2-1 in sonic dittos with him. and I felt like I did better than him when we both played blackwaltz... but I dont know

also, ITT is very good, me and him just have the same problem in that we have problems fighting certain people, we both could have gotten out of pools... We'll get them next time. I figured out what my problem was. So ill do better next time. also, for what its worth, i was the only people in the pool that took a game off of Judge.

also, Im done with school lol
The con was indeed amazing. I was wondering if the Wes that I played in Sonic dittos was the same Wes that played Samus in melee. I didn't even make the connection till just today. If that is srsly the same Wes from Melee, then I shoulda got his autograph or something. I used to watch his videos and steal so much of his strategy from melee. Way too frekain good in melee.

Wes was also really good in brawl as well. I finally found another sonic who doesn't absolutely despise the ditto. We both view the ditto as just another matchup and play like that. Granted, I was really high while I was dittoing him but I'm gonna steal some of his mindgames for sonic for sure.

Wes had a lot of fancy ways to keep the pressure on his opponent and clever ideas for kills that I've never thought of. Some of the ideas didn't seem to work, but they were really close. If Wes and Camalange are ever at the same tournament they have to either use the fusion earrings or do the fusion-ha dance thing because with Wes's mixups and camalange's precise timing and ability to always do the things he wants would just be unbeatable if you combined them.

I was kinda pissed about my pool (pissed in the pool EL-O-EL) It had 3 people that were all MW. it's like, we're in the same hotel room and everything and we have to fight each other? srsly? I only lost to MW players in my pool and Inui (whom I probably should have beat)

It's all good though cause I took a game of tetris off of triforce in the tetris ds tournament (triforce is the best tetris player in america) and I won like 40 bucks in the tetris tourney.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wes had a lot of fancy ways to keep the pressure on his opponent and clever ideas for kills that I've never thought of. Some of the ideas didn't seem to work, but they were really close. If Wes and Camalange are ever at the same tournament they have to either use the fusion earrings or do the fusion-ha dance thing because with Wes's mixups and camalange's precise timing and ability to always do the things he wants would just be unbeatable if you combined them.
lol, thanks for the compliment xD but yeah, Wes is a real chill guy. We actually attended the same tourney once, but unfortunately we could only get one Sonic ditto in :/ It was fun though and we talked about shiz on AIM the other day. Maybe I'll discuss the importance of learning the "Fusion-Ha Dance" in order for us to succeed in Brawl :p

ITT, Imma try to make it out to your next tourney. It's been awhile dood.

It's all good though cause I took a game of tetris off of triforce in the tetris ds tournament (triforce is the best tetris player in america) and I won like 40 bucks in the tetris tourney.
TOO PRO!

Oh, anyone else find it ironic that Hylian closed the recent 'stop closing Boxob's threads' thread? lol, gg

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I just found the greatest picture of me as a kid ever.

Incoming memories.

Edit- That shirt came with the Sonic and knuckles game package, along with three packages of official sonic the hedgehog bubble gum. That was my favorite stuff as a kid.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I really wish I didn't get my S&K used at funcoland now =(

wait, it wouldn't fit me anymore anyways! LOL Think they still make the bubble gum? =p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I really wish I didn't get my S&K used at funcoland now =(

wait, it wouldn't fit me anymore anyways! LOL Think they still make the bubble gum? =p

you sir, are a *****.

It just came to my attention that I have now attended, not one but two tournaments that had your sister in attendance.

She told me that you have officially pussied out of brawl because your 14 year old sister has fully thwarted your attempt to main metaknight..

Step your game up and man up. your sister is actaully halfway decent at the game. Just cause she stomped your metaknight is no reason to quit the game. Man up and get back in the game, I will personally train you and get you good.

Also, dont try to avoid the boards again, I GOT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS *****! YOU CANT RUN FROM ME!

and if I get any reports about you getting mad at her for forwarding this information, IMA KICK YOU IN THE NUTZ

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
It looks like someone is going down on Boxob in that picture. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace

you sir, are a *****.

It just came to my attention that I have now attended, not one but two tournaments that had your sister in attendance.

She told me that you have officially pussied out of brawl because your 14 year old sister has fully thwarted your attempt to main metaknight..

Step your game up and man up. your sister is actaully halfway decent at the game. Just cause she stomped your metaknight is no reason to quit the game. Man up and get back in the game, I will personally train you and get you good.

Also, dont try to avoid the boards again, I GOT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS *****! YOU CANT RUN FROM ME!

and if I get any reports about you getting mad at her for forwarding this information, IMA KICK YOU IN THE NUTZ
Who do you think TOLD HER about the events? If I can't go, might as well help her out.

Also, you TOTALLY have it wrong. My Meta is ####, and I lose with him in casual games. My RANDOM is better. idk where she got that about me 'quitting' the game. I still play! I told you guys before that I'll rejoin the tourney scene eventually. I honestly had other things to attend to; one event I was working and the other it was either A) I play cards with friends I both haven't seen in awhile and won't see again for a long time or B) Play in a Brawl tournament when I know there will be many more of down the road.

It didn't help that I didn't find out about the event this past weekend until after I had already started organizing my event this past weekend for playing cards. If you really want to know,
there's this superhero tcg called VS that died this past January. I still try to get together with some of the friends I've met playing it, and this past weekend happened to be one such time of two in the entire past year.

I'm proud of my sis for doing what she wants to do. If that includes being good at a video game, then so be it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
good **** OSM's sister! way to step it up!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ever since I can remember I've been poppin' mah collar.

Poppin' poppin' my collar.

Now eva' since I can remember, I've been workin' these ho's.

SO THEY BETTER PUT THAT MONEY IN MY HAND

Who do you think TOLD HER about the events? If I can't go, might as well help her out.

Also, you TOTALLY have it wrong. My Meta is ####, and I lose with him in casual games. My RANDOM is better. idk where she got that about me 'quitting' the game. I still play! I told you guys before that I'll rejoin the tourney scene eventually. I honestly had other things to attend to; one event I was working and the other it was either A) I play cards with friends I both haven't seen in awhile and won't see again for a long time or B) Play in a Brawl tournament when I know there will be many more of down the road.

It didn't help that I didn't find out about the event this past weekend until after I had already started organizing my event this past weekend for playing cards. If you really want to know,
there's this superhero tcg called VS that died this past January. I still try to get together with some of the friends I've met playing it, and this past weekend happened to be one such time of two in the entire past year.

I'm proud of my sis for doing what she wants to do. If that includes being good at a video game, then so be it.
aight, thats better. you keep training her, and you better be at the next event I show up to.

good **** OSM's sister! way to step it up!

shes madd cool and sooooo adorable. shes just a bit weird in that she talks like shes like 5 yrs older than she is, and shes monotone all the time for reasons i cant decipher
aib account = pikagirl

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
22 hour drive from Toronto to Winnipeg, according to Google maps.

I dunno how much faster and more expensive it would be if you took a plane to the EC.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
yeah my 7 hour drive was killer enough to you guys in Rochester, 22 hours on a greyhound since I won't have a car isn't likely to happen unless I get a big enough crew for it. Maybe there's a decent scene in where I'll be.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
it WAS a con that seemed at least semi successful, so there should be one next year.

i missed all the concerts and still felt like i under paid for the experience that i had

Boxob.

Smash Lord

I posted in here because everywhere else, I get infracted for not posting in here.

And then I get infracted anyway.

Eat a **** Chis, you're a ****ing ******.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

I posted in here because everywhere else, I get infracted for not posting in here.

And then I get infracted anyway.

Eat a **** Chis, you're a ****ing ******.

Yeah, I gotta agree. That's pretty ****ed up.

I can see valid reasons for closing some of Boxob's threads but...what could Boxob possibly have gotten infracted for in here? lol, if it was for the douchebag remark maybe you should take it more lighly. We're the Sonic Boards, it's what we do. Insults and big egos is what we're about.

Not saying that Boxob doesn't deserve most of his infractions, but c'mon now. It's the social thread. We make fun of KID all the time but if he was a mod he wouldn't infract us for it.

actually he probably would. Sonic Boards is full of asshats

<3

I also second what infzy said, LOL

Boxob.

Smash Lord
You're over doing it. Some of the topics I posted could have been useful. And people poke fun in here on a DAILY basis. It's insane that I'm the only one getting infracted for it.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Chis, I don't know who it was that made you this ********, but there is NOTHING wrong with my Sonic Textures thread other than the playful jest at you towards the end. (that, which, if you had any sense of humor, would have been able to tell it was in good fun)

infomon

Smash Scientist
Spam:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246225
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244265

Not spam, just not particularly useful (tho subjective):
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244981
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244462
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243406

Not spam, not closed:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245009

idk, I can see both sides on this.
I think we're too aggressive about closing threads in general. I mean, even if a thread's not great (like if it's someone asking a question that to some ppl sounds dumb or simple), there's no reason to close it unless it's degenerating into nonsense.

The problem is that it's happened to me multiple times on the Sonic boards, that someone's asked a question, ppl answer it wrong, and then the thread gets closed by a mod who thinks it's done..... before I have a chance to come in and give a better answer.

So I suggest we leave things open unless they're getting spammed. If they should be moved, then move them.

Putting everything in the Q&A thread just makes it reeeeally hard to find stuff; when I go to other boards to learn things about their chars, I never go into the Q&A thread cuz it's like 300 pages and u dunno where the good stuff is at.

:054:

Suspect

Smash Hero
spam shouldnt get someone infracted in a social thread, even an admin told me this plus other mods do it

Chis

u mad

Top Bottom