• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Well, personally, I find Oli to be Sonic's worst matchup. If played right, it's simply impossible to match the kind of damage output Oli can create. Oh sure, get him offstage and gimp him, his recovery's terrible!

Oh wait, you got grabbed instead. **** Oilimar.

:093:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Olimar is a ***** to anyone, Sonic doesn't have it that much harder than anyone else. Play the matchup a lot and ASC moar. Spinshot is also good.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Olimar is a ***** to anyone, Sonic doesn't have it that much harder than anyone else. Play the matchup a lot and ASC moar. Spinshot is also good.
ASC Get's you grabbed. I like your spinshot idea but I spotted a flaw.

It seems that after the spinshot, you're still playing against Olimar.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
ASC Get's you grabbed. I like your spinshot idea but I spotted a flaw.

It seems that after the spinshot, you're still playing against Olimar.

U jus made me burst out laughing in class!!!!!

Holy ****!!!

But 4 reals I play this Oli guy often n it's jus a horrid match-up. N I kno I'm PRETTY ****ED GOOD!!! :urg:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont listen to boxybox, hes just bitter.

i dont know how the frame data works on it, but when i played blackwaltz, something that I did that worked well, was running straight at him, spotdodging when he would Pgrab, and just dash attack.

olimar is kinda vulnerable in the air. olimar is just a gay character, he doesnt gay sonic any harder than any other character he gays, you just gotta bait stuff and punish lag that doesnt look like its there.

also, olimars almost never grab regularly so you can do a SHAD to get inside of the first Pgrab, spotdodge or asc to beat the second one and go from there.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Usmash > Spinshot

Although ASC wrecks Oli pretty hard and he's pretty easy to gimp. Like KID said, once you get Oli in the air it becomes so much easier.

Also Fair > Pikmin

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So I guess I should not feel bad about losing to an Olimar Rival of mines
Try not to be too pessimistic.

The MU is winnable.

It's just super-gay, and nobody wants to play that MU.

But yeah everybody else is right when they say that Olimar is just a gay character in general and CPing a character might not do you much good.

P.S. is it just me, or is the text a bit more different today?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
The whole of SWF skins are different. Text sizes have been enlarged and Smash/Classic Blue skins now have ads. It's annoying.

I thought Premium Members don't get this ****

D:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Get firefox, install adblock plus and noscript. I strongly recommend it yup yup

I've always been using this site with text size decreased because yeah, it's too big normally lol

also note that fonts/etc. will look different between browsers, including OS and installation.. also make sure you didn't just accidentally change ur text size

I haven't noticed any very recent changes

Kupo Rose

I'm using firefox with adblock plus now. (Time to download noscript lol) I still see the "Contents and Promos" part though.

Cheers infzy!

infomon

Smash Scientist
I see the words "Contests and Promos" and that's it lol
yeah I think it's noscript's doing, I block mlgpro.com from doing anything

NoScript is a bit of a pain but I'm used to it and I loooooove it
I can't stand the web any other way
than knowing exactly who is trying to do what on my computer

Kupo Rose

Urgh. I figured that out a bit too late lol. Seems like I need to "allow" alot of stuff. Noscript seems to have blocked everything I do now. >_<

Thanks, I'll get used to it. :p

r3d d09

Smash Master
Try not to be too pessimistic.

The MU is winnable.

It's just super-gay, and nobody wants to play that MU.

But yeah everybody else is right when they say that Olimar is just a gay character in general and CPing a character might not do you much good.

P.S. is it just me, or is the text a bit more different today?
CP pit against him and just over B the whole time :p

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Yeah. Olimar is just more of a pain because Sonic isn't factory equipped with a gun, (Wolf, Falco,Fox) sword (Meta Knight, Marth) or the amazing ability to rip through his every defense. (Luigi)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
That's why people that pay internet forums for "benefits" are suckers.
I have never once paid for smashboards.

Maybe your gettign confused by my name color/title.

And if my sig shows up on this post, you can click that link, and that will explain my color. and Azua was just awesome and hit me up with this title

EDIt: crap...

also, the title of this thread now infuriates me.

Suck a ****, Amir.

Kupo Rose

Maybe I should've just given the video to you through mediafire lol. Really, what the hell is that cartoon anyway?

Changed the title/tags btw and no worries. :)

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Dude! That cartoon is The Boondocks, on cartoon network (adult swim)! It used to be an amazing comic strip in the daily papers, but now it's just an amazing cartoon series. It's all about racial issues and politics, but it puts it in a way that we don't really see too much anymore: a black person that hates the way black people have become.

Kupo Rose

^^^ I <3 the Moogle, Kupo.
xD

Dude! That cartoon is The Boondocks, on cartoon network (adult swim)! It used to be an amazing comic strip in the daily papers, but now it's just an amazing cartoon series. It's all about racial issues and politics, but it puts it in a way that we don't really see too much anymore: a black person that hates the way black people have become.
Oh wow, thanks for clearing that up.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
No prob bud. I didn't see your location, I doubt they'd air it in Scotland since it deals mainly w/ US politics tho...
It's more cultural than political. And there are a lot of elements to it that apply pretty generally to western culture. I was pretty sure the UK had it; although, I'm also pretty sure it's more censored over there with certain episodes being censored entirely.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I haven't been around here long, but unless you're trying to avoid name-dropping...

...Who?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I herd D_I_H broke his brawl disc cause he can't go to tournaments anymore... intense.
I heard xiivi turned his brawl disc into a a 3d kaleidascope because he WONT go to tournaments anymore.
i know youre reading this, so post those pictures again.

I believe all Ike players should also take K.I.D. to Orpheon. He will SD twice in hilarious ways and basically throw the match at you. ^_^
I will definitely get a frigate match recorded at my next tourney, just to shut you up.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
It's more cultural than political. And there are a lot of elements to it that apply pretty generally to western culture. I was pretty sure the UK had it; although, I'm also pretty sure it's more censored over there with certain episodes being censored entirely.
You think? I always felt it was very geared toward the US population and it's political and racial scene. Though I might just feel that way because the comic strip was much more politically based than the cartoon, and that focused almost exclusively on American politics. I'm not sure how Europe's culture differs from the US's, but my cousins from england are pretty different from Americans, tho I can see what you mean by western culture. By political, i meant more along the lines of race politics in the US. It's a very racial show, but then again, most African American shows nowadays focus on African American life specifically anyway. Like anything Tyler Perry comes out with. Btw, who the heck is Tyler Perry, and why does he come out with a hundred different shows and movies? I've been wondering for a while now..

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Tyler Perry started as a playwrite. He started write the Madea series as a series of plays, that were met with MASSIVE success. Since he was so successful he expanded and made his plays into movies. And at that point he became redix famous, and when your famous like that, you can pretty much do anything you want. So he decided to write a TV show after that, Tyler Perry's House of Paine.

Top Bottom