• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Are you saying he's a bad singer and dancer because he relied on his ability to sing and dance?

I don't get it.

Edit - Smooth Criminal *****.

:093:
A song has more to it than vocals. There are these things called "instruments" that make "music" which are also "important." And dancing has nothing to do with how good the song is.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Smooth criminal rocks.

But i mainly listen to music with instruments too, much less hip hop and pop of today. MJ is just awesome regardless, the man knew how to make hit songs that weren't crap like most of today's hits. He was just too good.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
A song has more to it than vocals. There are these things called "instruments" that make "music" which are also "important." And dancing has nothing to do with how good the song is.
Most all of the beats in MJ's song's were developed by himself. Making a beat with electronic equipment is HARDLY a skill-less feat. Take my word on that. His music is, for it's genre, genius.

And the human voice is one of the earliest instruments know to us. o;

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I know he made the music himself and what he made was crap. He used his voice like no one's business but the "beats" he made were simple and boring.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, I'm with Boxxybox. MJ really was the king of pop. He just knew everything that had to be done with the genre, and made it better. Add in his revolutionary dance moves along with his great voice (which was discovered at a very young age) and you got yourself one hell of a talented and skilled preformer.

That's a great guitar cover btw.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, and i actually heard MJ talking on an interview about how he came up with Billie jean's music. And he went ahead and beatboxed the beat, it sounded incredible..

More proof of how good MJ's music is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grrdJL1pAB0
This guy is amazing at guitar. If any of you play guitar, you'll know how insane this is. Plus, it shows how MJ's music was actually "music" and not something else. And it's a medley of a bunch of his songs, so it's pretty clear that MJ didn't only make one or two good songs with good music, but a large amount of 'em.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm with Boxxybox. MJ really was the king of pop. He just knew everything that had to be done with the genre, and made it better. Add in his revolutionary dance moves along with his great voice (which was discovered at a very young age) and you got yourself one hell of a talented and skilled preformer.

That's a great guitar cover btw.

Yeah, kid's 13. He's written nine of his own songs. All on guitar. And has covered and remembered tabs for at least another 30 songs. He's real good >_>

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
If you follow the notes his voice hits then yeah the songs have a melody. But the instruments in the actual songs he produced (I'm not talking about covers here) if you listen to those independently are sparse and repetitive. Lyrically, I'll say the guy was a genius.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
If you follow the notes his voice hits then yeah the songs have a melody. But the instruments in the actual songs he produced (I'm not talking about covers here) if you listen to those independently are sparse and repetitive. Lyrically, I'll say the guy was a genius.
Baaaaaaaaw. His beat's are still intricate, but all beats, are repetitive, that's what makes it a beat lol.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Nonetheless, MJ is amazing.
Smooth Criminal is a good song in popular opinion.
Minnesotans are crazy.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Nonetheless, MJ is amazing.
Smooth Criminal is a good song in popular opinion.
Minnesotans are crazy.

People are easy to please. You put MJ's voice over anything and people will buy enough of it to make it go double platinum.

I mean, if "popular opinion" is a good critic then why is Miley Cyrus not unemployed right now?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The world got trolled when that went around.

Whether it's true or not, at least we got some funny puns out of it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd actually love to see that movie.

I also agree that MJ never committed any fondling on minors.

Top Bottom