• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown VI [Feb 6-8]

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I forgot Jei will be away overseas so you can join our crew if you want? :p

Also do you live in melbourne now Star? Just says youre in sydney is all :O
Yeah I'll join! Nah, I've just been down here for a while. I'm going back to Sydney in two weeks.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Let's not discuss monthlies here, happy to do that elsewhere.

Please bring consoles. That should be the bottom line. We always do designated areas for set ups at Majors. We will ensure no premature switching. We are scheduling (work in progress) PM and Melee singles at different times that will hopefully mitigate issues but the solution has always been simple - bring consoles.

//

Side note: Any interstaters that are coming that would like to commentate, please let me know. Also, any interstaters yet to pre-reg - please do so by tonight, or otherwise let me know, so we can seed you accordingly. Also, if we get enough numbers, maybe we can do crews Friday night.
I would like to commentate if possible and might also be able to provide a PM setup.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
To be fair, PM normally finished after other games because it's slower than other games. Top 8 at miles warehouse took 6 hours. I have no idea why that game is still 4 stock but that's none of my business.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I'm pretty sure it didn't take six hours, considering I commentated the whole top 8 and I was only there for two hours. I've just doublechecked the Twitch and it seems to be around the 2 hour 5 minutes mark... perhaps you're meshing the Top 8 and Top 32 together?

Either way, lets hope that everything runs smoothly this weekend and nothing runs over time. :)

Last edited:

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Myself, SD and Darren are the TOs for this tournament with Izzago with the mad assist. We are looking too get things finalised soon, we just received the finalised pre reg list today.

Darren is in charge of smash 4 seeding
and given he's run every CW smash 4 tournament in Melbourne bar one, he's the best man for the job. But if he needs help, I'm sure he'll let you know ledge.

Also I'm psyched you're coming.

Anyone else who is will definitely be signing up on the day please let us know so we can seed you.

S.D

Smash Master
Schedules will be updated along with pools prior to the event, we're working on all this now.
Please keep in mind the schedule will likely be fairly different to the one outlined so keep your eyes peeled.
Some events may be run as straight brackets depending on entry numbers.
Paying at the door will not cost you any extra.

S.D

Smash Master
Melee Pools (TOP 4 ADVANCE TO TOP 16 BRACKET)

POOL A

SD
Forte
Vlade
Hyes
Star
Flog
Tuoko
Sadistic
Torpy

POOL B
Skeletom
Noxus
Hardpelicn
Blue (Cap)
Hobs
Flukey
Skeneo
Boris
Dreadtech

POOL C
Atticus
Toshi
DonB
Macky
1ampercent
MGK
Benny P
Salty Pete
Tommo009

POOL D
Splice
Moxie
Joey
Hughie
Meredyse
Jandalman
4X
DomHynes

SMASH 4 POOLS

http://i.imgur.com/NbLfs9d.png

If there are any issues post them here and we will consider your feedback.

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
I assume the top 4 on the list. It's seems like that for every other pool.
I'm not familiar with a lot of people in pool A, but If that's the case, then Pool A might be the easiest. (I'm not saying Pool A is fraudulent or anything, but I'd rather be in that pool and get bopped by SD)

Noxus

Smash Cadet
I'm not familiar with a lot of people in pool A, but If that's the case, then Pool A might be the easiest. (I'm not saying Pool A is fraudulent or anything, but I'd rather be in that pool and get bopped by SD)
is likely that a late reg or 2 will be put in there like mat g or azri if they attend

Jelly of pool C, i want the Mc Cloud pool!

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Pool A defs not the easiest to make it out of. Hyes/Flog/Star/Touko/Sadistic all got a shot at making it out.
Vlade is from WA, which is why you probably don't know him and wouldn't have a good perspective on what an easy pool is

I'm concerned about Pool C, DomHynes and Dread play each other regularly and are both contenders for 4th seed depending on how good Blue is. Who makes it through pools could come down to who wins the 1v1 between two players who 1v1 each other every week. Moving one of them into Pool D or Pool A could work if you agree this is a problem, SD.

Hobobloke not entering Melee? Bowser is awesome in that game though :bowsermelee:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
This is gonna be a chibi tournament haha. Oh well, should be still fun. Practise is always awesome, goodluck guys! :)

BAM will probably be the best though ;o cant wait for that too!

Splice

Smash Hero
Where are the Project M pools at btw?

Jamwa is cofirmed to attend as well. This may impact PM and/or Melee pools

S.D

Smash Master
Schedule

Friday
5pm : Doors open - bring your gear - friendlies!
6pm - 9pm : Exhition matches/money matches/quadles

Saturday
Pools [Melee, Smash 4] - Arrive on time or not at all
10 - 11:45pm - Pool 1 and Pool A
11:45 - 1:30pm - Pool 2 and Pool B
1:30 - 3:15pm - Pool 3 and Pool C
3:15-5pm- Pool4 and Pool D

Doubles Bracket
5 - 7pm - Melee
6 - 9pm - Project M
5 - 9pm - Smash 4

Sunday
Bracket
10 - 1pm - Project M Bracket
12 - 3pm - Smash 4
2 - 5pm - Melee Bracket

Finals - Please tune in at twitch.tv/melbournemelee
1 - 3pm - Project M Singles Top 4, Doubles Top 3
3 - 5pm - Smash 4 Singles Top 4, Doubles Top 3
5 - 9pm - Melee Singles Top 8, Doubles Top 3

Updated schedule and pools in OP

Pete278

Smash Lord
Pool A defs not the easiest to make it out of. Hyes/Flog/Star/Touko/Sadistic all got a shot at making it out.
Vlade is from WA, which is why you probably don't know him and wouldn't have a good perspective on what an easy pool is

I'm concerned about Pool C, DomHynes and Dread play each other regularly and are both contenders for 4th seed depending on how good Blue is. Who makes it through pools could come down to who wins the 1v1 between two players who 1v1 each other every week. Moving one of them into Pool D or Pool A could work if you agree this is a problem, SD.

Hobobloke not entering Melee? Bowser is awesome in that game though :bowsermelee:
I don't even know why I entered Melee, you've got a snowball's chance in hell of getting Hobobloke to play it.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
What time will I hav to arrive if I pay at the door?
At any time really, but if you want to enter Smash 4 / Melee singles, please arrive at 9:30 on Saturday by the latest. Let the TOs know what's you've entered late. Although I recommend showing up on the Friday night for friendlies and avoiding the queue.

Song_

Smash Cadet
Friday night is unlikely and I would like to enter melee and pm
Will probably bring a setup for melee/pm as well

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
yo there's 4 guys from Perth yeah?
If you can make it on Friday, 4v4 PM crews exhibition?

would be pretty even due to Dekar not being there + Perth having bowsers super armor and Vlade's Pikachu

Last edited:

Pete278

Smash Lord
yo there's 4 guys from Perth yeah?
If you can make it on Friday, 4v4 PM crews exhibition?

would be pretty even due to Dekar not being there + Perth having bowsers super armor and Vlade's Pikachu
We all arrive late tonight so I'm sure it'd be possible but I'll have to ask the guys obviously

Top Bottom