• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
They probably wouldn't, but I did have the thought that maybe they'd announce some plans early enough, just to let people know there's some coming. They did announce mewtwo a lot earlier, if I remember correctly.
It'd be cool if they announced some dlc for x-mas time. good business too :p
Yeah, I mean obviously we're getting dlc at some point (Nindy loves extra $$$) but how soon is the real question. Smash 4 didn't announce dlc until after the 3ds version released and even then it took quite some time for Mewtwo to be released. On the subject of Shantae, she'd have to be base game or else Wayforward wouldn't have gone radio silent about smash until much later.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, I mean obviously we're getting dlc at some point (Nindy loves extra $$$) but how soon is the real question. Smash 4 didn't announce dlc until after the 3ds version released and even then it took quite some time for Mewtwo to be released. On the subject of Shantae, she'd have to be base game or else Wayforward wouldn't have gone radio silent about smash until much later.
Well, I say not at all. Securing spots for dlc, especially from 3rd parties is important early enough. Just because they're not working with the plans at the same time as the base roster doesnt mean they dont establish the plans and contracts for it.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well, I say not at all. Securing spots for dlc, especially from 3rd parties is important early enough. Just because they're not working on the plans at the same time as the base roster doesnt mean they dont establish the plans and contracts for it.
Well then the question becomes: Why purposefully save a character for dlc when you have the rights to use them so early on?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well then the question becomes: Why purposefully save a character for dlc when you have the rights to use them so early on?
Time. It depends what they're priorities were, and at what point they decided to make the cut off for the base roster.
(Also, with dlc characters, there's less to implement)

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Alright: I just added Inoj Inoj and @ジョルノ ジョフラミンゴ (sorry I can't properly tag your name here) to the supporter list!

Last edited:
Time. It depends what they're priorities were, and at what point they decided to make the cut off for the base roster.
(Also, with dlc characters, there's less to implement)
I figured that much. If I had to guess though, I'd say the dlc slots are reserved for newer characters (Rex, Spring Man, maybe that Dragalia Lost character) since so far the base roster seems to be adding either Ballot picks or long-time requested characters.

Alright: I just added Inoj Inoj and @ジョルノ ジョフラミンゴ (sorry I can't properly tag your name here) to the supporter list!
Thank you kindly.

Now, I'm not an expert on Japanese, but does that name have the word "flamingo" in it?

Also, I noticed you added Mrs. Milky. :D
Yep. Giorno Gioflamingo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m sad.......no one believes me that steve is a bad choice and they also won’t believe me that these leakers are frauds nothing seems to be working for me:(

I believe in shantae and She dose have an awesome chance/odds as the first indie rep but the users at iFunny are yust pouring the hate on me like I’m a r***** and they don’t believe me about her and says she has a zero chance at making it(which she won’t) this is depressing for me:(

Can you guys post some shantae for me please? It will make me feel a little better

I’ll just stand listen to sad music and all that:crying:

This is not the indie/Microsoft rep I want it justs crushes me to pieces:crying:

Also I know a lot of you could be ignoring me so yeah thanks......thanks for nothing:crying:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I’m sad.......no one believes me that steve is a bad choice and they also won’t believe me that these leakers are frauds nothing seems to be working for me:(

I believe in shantae and She dose have an awesome chance/odds as the first indie rep but the users at iFunny are yust pouring the hate on me like I’m a r***** and they don’t believe me about her and says she has a zero chance at making it(which she won’t) this is depressing for me:(

Can you guys post some shantae for me please? It will make me feel a little better

This is not the indie/Microsoft rep I want it justs crushes me to pieces:crying:
Oh no man, you're starting to sound like me! It's fine, really. Don't listen to those fools on iFunny, they're all just silly!
And here's a cute one for you:

Last edited:

Also I know a lot of you could be ignoring me so yeah thanks......thanks for nothing:crying:
It's cool dude, I got roasted on Gamefaqs and Reddit several times for supporting Shantae and not bowing down to the "ALMIGHT VERGEBEN NEVER WRONG". It's not worth dwelling on, besides if she's in they'll all look pretty damn stupid.

I don't have much SFW Shantae but here ya go.

1538288246092.jpg

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I agree with this, if Shantae were DLC, WF would likely not have to have been on NDA before E3 if we can believe what Sakurai says about DLC beginning production after the game has been finished. It's very clear that the base game is getting 100% of the focus so I'd say IF Shantae is in, it's significantly more likely she's in the base game.
This also lines up with Cristina Vee's comments about just finishing voice work for a nondescript game and Wayforward turning down offers for Shantae to cameo in other titles. Everything is lining up for her to be shown off by December. If I'm wrong and she's not in base game she'll likely be the first boat of DLC characters and will be announced prior to the games release just like Mewtwo was.

EDIT: It sounds like I'm dealing with absolutes but please keep in mind I'm saying IF and not WHEN. I really don't want to get anyone's hopes up including mine lest we end up with Ashley's fate of counting our warbirds before they hatch.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
It's cool dude, I got roasted on Gamefaqs and Reddit several times for supporting Shantae and not bowing down to the "ALMIGHT VERGEBEN NEVER WRONG". It's not worth dwelling on, besides if she's in they'll all look pretty damn stupid.

I don't have much SFW Shantae but here ya go.

View attachment 167590
Well, that looks like it's about to turn into a NSFW scene lol.

Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this, if Shantae were DLC, WF would likely not have to have been on NDA before E3 if we can believe what Sakurai says about DLC beginning production after the game has been finished. It's very clear that the base game is getting 100% of the focus so I'd say IF Shantae is in, it's significantly more likely she's in the base game.
This also lines up with Cristina Vee's comments about just finishing voice work for a nondescript game and Wayforward turning down offers for Shantae to cameo in other titles. Everything is lining up for her to be shown off by December. If I'm wrong and she's not in base game she'll likely be the first boat of DLC characters and will be announced prior to the games release just like Mewtwo was.

EDIT: It sounds like I'm dealing with absolutes but please keep in mind I'm saying IF and not WHEN. I really don't want to get anyone's hopes up including mine lest we end up with Ashley's fate of counting our warbirds before they hatch.
Except Ashley never had nearly the amount of evidence supporting her inclusion as Shantae currently has.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Except Ashley never had nearly the amount of evidence supporting her inclusion as Shantae currently has.
Oh yeah no you're right, looking back the arguments for Ashley were boiled down to her being a relevancy pick like Isabelle. Meanwhile we have a whole spreadsheet of various pieces of evidence all pointing to the exact same concusion.

I just...don't want to go "SHE'S IN, 100%" only for her to get in as like, an Assist and then this thread has to get locked because all the anti-Shantae people that you know are lurking this thread will roll up to laugh at all of us. Basically I'm paranoid, hahaha.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Oh yeah no you're right, looking back the arguments for Ashley were boiled down to her being a relevancy pick like Isabelle. Meanwhile we have a whole spreadsheet of various pieces of evidence all pointing to the exact same concusion.

I just...don't want to go "SHE'S IN, 100%" only for her to get in as like, an Assist and then this thread has to get locked because all the anti-Shantae people that you know are lurking this thread will roll up to laugh at all of us. Basically I'm paranoid, hahaha.
It's always a good thing to keep your expectations reigned in, but for now I'm feeling pretty positive. I mean all this weird stuff surrounding Shantae and the only thing that explains ALL of it (as in there are other outcomes that would explain MOST of these occurrences, but one or two things would still be left out) is her being a fighter in the game.

Only time will tell, but we shouldn't have too long to wait. I'm pretty certain we will have a Smash Direct in October. I don;t think we will have one in November because Pokemon is releasing that month and they wouldn't want to overshadow one of their big releases with their next big release. For November I think we will get a Nintendo Direct that will end with a little more Smash info, but for a dedicated direct I think October makes the most sense.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
It's always a good thing to keep your expectations reigned in, but for now I'm feeling pretty positive. I mean all this weird stuff surrounding Shantae and the only thing that explains ALL of it (as in there are other outcomes that would explain MOST of these occurrences, but one or two things would still be left out) is her being a fighter in the game.
I KNOW you're right, but at the same time I just....
hmst.png

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Good evening! Hope you're doing well?

Also, wow, you have a great taste in profile pics!
Just tired from work. I honestly should probably be sleeping right now since I have to go in early tomorrow, but I wanted to pop in for a bit to chat.

And thanks. The Super Crown craze has pretty much got me covered for a while. Thought I'd switch to Booette for October. Though Yoshette only got 2 days so I'll go back to that one after Halloween.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
And Dr. Mario fits better as an alt skin and yet here we are.

This is what I'm talking about.
Pay little mind. When a person has three posts in their history, One being that Classic Sonic would be a better inclusion than any other sonic character and another saying that Goku has more "credentials" than Geno... Then yeah you can pretty much disregard whatever they said in their third post.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Pay little mind. When a person has three posts in their history, One being that Classic Sonic would be a better inclusion than any other sonic character and another saying that Goku has more "credentials" than Geno... Then yeah you can pretty much disregard whatever they said in their third post.
Yeah, here it is. It's very humorous indeed.
Really hoping Goku gets in as he is a unique character that relates to all gamers even though he didn't originate in a video game he still has more credentials than Geno has ever had.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I could see Sakurai adding Goku as the new surprise character honestly.

Goku.png

He'd make for a great retro pick. Plus I could see Sakurai channel his inner troll and add him knowing that people will say that that's not what they meant when they asked for Goku.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman

I'll say this. If Shantae does end up playable, I expect two things:

1) The "I was wrong" thread will be legendary.

2) Tons of people who didn't believe in her will immediately jump on the "But it was so obvious, the hints were all over the place!" bandwagon.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
No one invited you aboard the genie train

Also......Gamefaqs are just being jerks to this poor person:( they are just the same like everyone else:(

I don’t deverve to be here all I’m doing is just annoying you:crying:

And of course all of you just ignore me because of what I am:crying:

I don’t deserve anything:crying:

Goodbye:crying:
Connor, please don't leave: I really doubt anyone here wants you to leave. If anything, you should just ignore GameFAQs at this point as it's clearly not doing good on you.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
No one invited you aboard the genie train

Also......Gamefaqs are just being jerks to this poor person:( they are just the same like everyone else:(

I don’t deverve to be here all I’m doing is just annoying you:crying:

And of course all of you just ignore me because of what I am:crying:

I don’t deserve anything:crying:

Goodbye:crying:
You deserve whatever makes you happy. We like having you here. the only people unwelcome in this board are the ones against Shantae's inclusion. Even those who aren't supporters, but are curious of her merits and chances are welcome. Stay and celebrate in the fandom with us.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'll say this. If Shantae does end up playable, I expect two things:

1) The "I was wrong" thread will be legendary.

2) Tons of people who didn't believe in her will immediately jump on the "But it was so obvious, the hints were all over the place!" bandwagon.
Lol! I remember that was what the K. Rool haters did after he got revealed.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So not really related to Shantae, but I was browsing through Warioware fanart earlier, and I came across this picture of Penny Crygor from
Bunnyhana:

8D04729E-7F7D-44E0-96B0-E59EF7C94764.jpeg

I dunno if it’s just the style that’s making me think this, but does anyone else think she wouldn’t look too out of place in a Wayforward game? I think it’d be interesting seeing the Warioware cast interacting with the Shantae cast.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So not really related to Shantae, but I was browsing through Warioware fanart earlier, and I came across this picture of Penny Crygor from
Bunnyhana:

View attachment 167603

I dunno if it’s just the style that’s making me think this, but does anyone else think she wouldn’t look too out of place in a Wayforward game? I think it’d be interesting seeing the Warioware cast interacting with the Shantae cast.
She looks like she fits right in a WayForward game.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Bunnyhana:

View attachment 167603

I love the character design in the Warioware games. All the characters have so much personality to them.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Bunnyhana:

View attachment 167603

Oh, she's so cute!

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
You've most likely seen this already. Another video discussing Shantae's possible inclusion in Smash.

Top Bottom