• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
Okay here's a hypothetical for you all, so worst case scenario Shantae is not in Smash Ultimate whatsoever. What fighter (if any) would you take as a consolation prize? For me personally, if Shantae wasn't in but Joker from Persona 5 was playable I would eat my laptop out of sheer hype.
Man, I just want more magic users and cute girls. I wanted Ashley but she's gone. I want Shantae and she's still rolling the dice.

Beyond them the only ones that I'd really be happy to get would be Medusa as a Palutena Echo, Hilda as a Zelda Echo, or Skull Kid if a cute girl isn't happening.
Oh, also would love Roll as a Megaman echo. Not magic, but still a cute girl.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Man, I just want more magic users and cute girls. I wanted Ashley but she's gone. I want Shantae and she's still rolling the dice.

Beyond them the only ones that I'd really be happy to get would be Medusa as a Palutena Echo, Hilda as a Zelda Echo, or Skull Kid if a cute girl isn't happening.
Oh, also would love Roll as a Megaman echo. Not magic, but still a cute girl.
I wish that the entire roster was entirely just cute girls truthfully.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Nah, that's not a stretch.

When I was younger, I wanted Sackboy to be playable. Yeah, I was, and still am, very dumb.
Hey, when I was younger, I actually wanted Corsola to be playable, and hell, I even supported Goku, ahahahahahaha what the hell was I thinking. (I still support Corsola, but Goku... no. No no no no.)

I wouldn't mind if Moge-ko was playable, either. Take one look at the game she's from and it's immediately apparent why this will never happen.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Okay here's a hypothetical for you all, so worst case scenario Shantae is not in Smash Ultimate whatsoever. What fighter (if any) would you take as a consolation prize? For me personally, if Shantae wasn't in but Joker from Persona 5 was playable I would eat my laptop out of sheer hype.
Don't shoot me anyone, but Shantae isn't my #1 want in the first place. Dixie Kong, Anna (Fire Emblem), and 2B (NieR: Automata) are above Shantae on my list.

Only Dixie Kong of those three I consider to actually stand a realistic chance so I guess she's my answer to this question.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
My secondary big hype character is Sora. I feel like both him and Shantae still have chances and if I get either one, I'mma be very happy.

But if somehow... SOMEHOW I get both, I'm gonna die.
"Here lies Liv, she exploded due to hype" would be a good thing to have written on my tombstone.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
:ultpichu::ultisabelle::ultdaisy: Are my Top 3 consolation prizes, in that order. So I'm pretty much good. Everyone else is just a bonus for me (We do need our Shantae tho).

A Very Kind Redditor made this for me. I swear I will be number 1 in Tourney's with Pichu!!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't believe in a character you want in being a consolation. Wouldn't you be setting yourself for even bigger disappointment with that mentality?

The only thing I'd really call consolation is playing characters that already are in the game.
Well I already got K Rool, Isabelle, and Daisy, so i can play those if no one else is added :)

:ultpichu::ultisabelle::ultdaisy: Are my Top 3 consolation prizes, in that order. So I'm pretty much good. Everyone else is just a bonus for me (We do need our Shantae tho).

A Very Kind Redditor made this for me. I swear I will be number 1 in Tourney's with Pichu!!
I hope to see great things from you :)

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Hey Makai Wars Makai Wars do you have a gallery of some kind? Pixiv, deviantArt, or something like that?
On Twitter, right? What's your name, I want to just look at them. I have a twitter that I use solely to watch my favorite band. So I'll use it to view your awesome Shantae art.
just muh twitter /HeroPivi
Guys, are there any characters you would HATE to see make the cut ?
-Steve
-Incineroar
-Any FE character

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Steve
Incin....

OH NO I SHOULD HAVE NOT POSTED ON HERE IT WAS A MISTAKE FOR ME TO JOIN:crying:

YOU ALL DONT DESRVE ME ANYWAY CAUSE U ALL IGNORE ME:crying:

GOODBYE AGAIN:crying:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
You guys Sakurai never said slow down character reveals. He said slow down reveal TRAILERS.
I'm sorry...
There is so much conflicting information out there... It gets really confusing. X_X

First there are people that said there will be less reveals.
And then there are people that say he will slow down said reveals...

Please, don't get mad... ;_;

So I think we may see some echos show up before we get any new unique fighters with trailers.

So I'm thinking in October we may just get a drop of a few echos, Like, Stay tuned for tommorow for 3 new character characters. or something.

Then Late October or November we'll get another smash focused direct with more new comers. I'm still expecting 3-5 more unique newcomers. And probably more Echos then I was first thinking. Like, 5 Unqiue and 7 echos.
That makes sense...

Man you guys keep coming up with the strangest arguments against Shantae.
I don't even get the mentality behind "characters as consolation prize".
Either a character you want is in or they aren't,

Or like this quote said:

I don't believe in a character you want in being a consolation. Wouldn't you be setting yourself for even bigger disappointment with that mentality?

The only thing I'd really call consolation is playing characters that already are in the game.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Not hate. I can just ignore them mostly. I'd PREFER no Steve but whatever. Oddly enough I'm pro-Creeper AT and Minecraft STAGE. Those could be fun. A bob-omb that sees someone and chases them down? That'd be hilarious. If I'd hate anyone it'd be a retro rep for "stealing" Mike Jones slot.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Incineroar for the purpose that it would mean Verge is right about him. And the ensuing "deitification" of his word by Smash Speculator YouTubers.

Not hate. I can just ignore them mostly. I'd PREFER no Steve but whatever. Oddly enough I'm pro-Creeper AT and Minecraft STAGE. Those could be fun. A bob-omb that sees someone and chases them down? That'd be hilarious. If I'd hate anyone it'd be a retro rep for "stealing" Mike Jones slot.
This I'm not opposed to, by principle of while technically fitting Verge's description of Minecraft representation, would make sense at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
October is here.

Two months left on the Countdown Clock until Smash Ultimate arrives.

Art is made by hachimitsu-ink

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
just muh twitter /HeroPivi
Ah, OK. I've had it open for a while.
I just consider Twitter a bit annoying when trying to save/download images. (Getting gifs from pixiv is a pain)

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Holy ****, I was watching BillyBo's latest rerates and there was this guy called DynamitePenguins who just keeps saying "Shantae didn't sell well in japan how is she not obscure?" in response to Billy's rerate of Rayman (25%) being lower than Shantae's (30%) and when someone asked him for statistics, he just gives us the statistics for Half Genie Hero on Nintendo Switch and said "read it and weep" essentially. What a bloody loser! That's also ignoring outside merchandising sources, like feelies, t-shirts, and figurines.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
If I get two of my most-wanted - let's say Shantae and Dixie (NOT AN ECHO) - I don't give a **** who else gets in. Sakurai could add Shrek at that point for all I care.

Obviously there are still characters I'd prefer over others but if I have my most-wanted that's what really matters.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Holy ****, I was watching BillyBo's latest rerates and there was this guy called DynamitePenguins who just keeps saying "Shantae didn't sell well in japan how is she not obscure?" in response to Billy's rerate of Rayman (25%) being lower than Shantae's (30%) and when someone asked him for statistics, he just gives us the statistics for Half Genie Hero on Nintendo Switch and said "read it and weep" essentially. What a bloody loser! That's also ignoring outside merchandising sources, like feelies, t-shirts, and figurines.
Man, talk about one triggered person defending his support on his character.

I still wonder why shantae is still being used as a escape goat to putting her in a bad spot in their eyes?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Don't shoot me anyone, but Shantae isn't my #1 want in the first place. Dixie Kong, Anna (Fire Emblem), and 2B (NieR: Automata) are above Shantae on my list.

Only Dixie Kong of those three I consider to actually stand a realistic chance so I guess she's my answer to this question.
I don't blame you. Bandana Dee was my number one before SK was deconfirmed and I found out about all of the evidence for Shantae. (She was a close second for a long time tho)

While I wouldn't hate them, Incineroar would be a very "meh" newcomer. I'd definitely put an UB in over them. And also while Skull Kid has no real counterarguments, he wouldn't really being anything to Smash that someone like Impa wouldn't.

As for the ones I actually do hate:

Marx because, IMO, he'd steal Bandana Dee's slot.

Steve, Travis, Sans, Freddy and (to a lesser extent) Frisk, because they'd be stealing Shantae's slot.

[I wouldn't mind any of the ones above in general, I just don't want them over Shantae and/or Bandana Dee, so a world with Steve and Shantae coexisting as fighters would be a world I'm content with.]

Dante and Jeanne, because they're too much like Bayo (no offense to any of her fans), who is my least favorite character; and I don't want two Bayonettas running around, especially considering that Dante would take up a character slot.

Freddy. He gets his own thing because not only would he steal Shantae's slot, but he wouldn't bring anything besides stealing Shantae's slot (At least Steve would bring some merit, like it or not). That and I really dislike horror games.

And also the obvious "non-videogame characters" and any other troll requests.

Man, talk about one triggered person defending his support on his character.

I still wonder why shantae is still being used as a escape goat to putting her in a bad spot in their eyes?
Because people think we have nothing to do other than be (not sure if I can say it on here, but it stats with a P). That or the world has something with making the characters I want immensely hated for bad reasons. (Sorry if I've been droning on about that.)

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Honestly, I'm annoyed she's that low. And when he put freaking Heihachi over Shantae, I stopped watching. He has no evidence or hype.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Australia is really edgy okay heh
Can confirm, a little bit. Like we swear and joke a lot, but it's more just calling people dickheads in good fun. So while it has the swearing of something that's edgy, it's mostly fun.

Also Dylly that Happy Halloween art you posted is the cutest thing I've seen all day, thanks :)

Top Bottom