• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That's really cool! :)

But, um, why did you choose Yakko's World, in particular?
Well Peacock references cartoons in her game, and I thought it would be amusing to have her sing that. plus she does do a little singing herself. She was more then happy to do it, and had a lot of fun

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Well Peacock references cartoons in her game, and I thought it would be amusing to have her sing that. plus she does do a little singing herself. She was more then happy to do it, and had a lot of fun
I feel like the skullgirls cast loves doing anything related to the game. They frequently played the game on voicesofgaming, and I think those playthroughs actually inspired some of the alternate voicepacks that were later introduced.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel like the skullgirls cast loves doing anything related to the game. They frequently played the game on voicesofgaming, and I think those playthroughs actually inspired some of the alternate voicepacks that were later introduced.
I hope they do more with Skullgirls. While I got Eliza, I still want that one gigan lady thats in the prison outfit, and the teacher/that other form of her with the whip

D

Deleted member

9E6D46D5-2BDB-4C97-A8B6-393618C52CA0.jpeg

07209262-4584-4A54-9DE6-23849A6D1D0A.jpeg

It apears you can change the alt in the post your ultimate roster

These will be the alts I will be using

It was very fun. :D

I did. and for those who haven't seen it yet

Since you guys brought up skullgirls

Who wants to see shantae in skull girls?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Just wondering, but did they censor Shantae's Spirit?
From what I seen only Mythra's spirit has been censored... though I got to wonder... we saw pyra wasn't censored, so why was mythra?

Also, yeah, Shantae's spirit not being censored is also a good thing for her as her design has no issues being in smash then, so we don't have to worry about that blocking her as a fighter

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
I hope they do more with Skullgirls. While I got Eliza, I still want that one gigan lady thats in the prison outfit, and the teacher/that other form of her with the whip
Teacher with a whip. kinky. And they cant do more untill Autumn games stops being a @#%$!?. Maybe if the mobile game dose well enough, because they are doing character origin stories in it which i think are cannon.
From what I seen only Mythra's spirit has been censored... though I got to wonder... we saw pyra wasn't censored, so why was mythra?

Also, yeah, Shantae's spirit not being censored is also a good thing for her as her design has no issues being in smash then, so we don't have to worry about that blocking her as a fighter
Whats so bad about myrthra that it had to be censored?

D

Deleted member

IIRC that purple chick from FE had her boob window covered, but it was done with more grace then Mrs. MS Paint bucket tool leggings Mythra

Teacher with a whip. kinky. And they cant do more untill Autumn games stops being a @#%$!?. Maybe if the mobile game dose well enough, because they are doing character origin stories in it which i think are cannon.

Legs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Good, Shantae's design is iconic to her. It would suck if they like gave her leggings or some **** (cough cough Mythra)
To be honest, I actually quite like, Mythra's leggings. :p
From what I seen only Mythra's spirit has been censored...
Camilla's spirit was also censored, if I remember correctly...

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

I should play the mobile game more... but I can only afford 2 gatcha games(fate NA and JP) I even tried doing dragalia lost but way too many events constantly burned me our hard.

but yeah i heard the mobile game is doing a ton of story stuff

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hmmm I am not sure. terrible with names but yeah I think Sarah Williams works. She voiced Peacock from skullgirls yes? I actually have a video of peacock singing Yako's world. Got it made as part of the reward for the skullgirls Indiegogo(as well as going to vegas and hanging out with the whole team)
I’m not gonna lie, I’m legitimately surprised you chose her, not in a bad way of course, I love Sarah and like I said I think she’d make a good Twitch, in fact I see most of the Skullgirls cast in the Shantae series and got quite a few already, but I never would’ve thought of her for Slimegal, and I can see her fitting pretty well. Interesting...

Also, I’m incredibly jealous you got to do all that. That’s really cool!

zferolie

Smash Hero
I’m not gonna lie, I’m legitimately surprised you chose her, not in a bad way of course, I love Sarah and like I said I think she’d make a good Twitch, in fact I see most of the Skullgirls cast in the Shantae series and got quite a few already, but I never would’ve thought of her for Slimegal, and I can see her fitting pretty well. Interesting...

Also, I’m incredibly jealous you got to do all that. That’s really cool!
That was one of the VA's I know pretty well, so she popped up first. I think slime gal would have a more cutsey like voice and Sarah can do that well. I'm sure there are others as well but pulling a blank atm.

And thanks haha. It was a fun time for sure. Wish I could still do stuff like that but bills to pay as well as a morgage put a stop to that

D

Deleted member

Wow that is a bad censor.
I don't mind that it was censored in the first place, more power to them if they want to keep that juicy CERO A and PEGI 12 and ESRB E10+ rating. I'm more angry at how lazily it was censored. Like they literally just opened up MS Paint and used the bucket tool. It looks slightly better in game vs the datamines because the shading is better, but they still ruined the color balance of her outfit and her whole light vs dark theme with Malos. The leggings should've had some green highlights or been light grey or they could've just lengthened her skirt, but nope they had to butcher her design instead of spending more then 5 minutes to handle it with grace.

...I'm acting really salty about a jpeg, aren't I

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think I understand the idea behind Mythra's leggings. It's not that bare legs themselves are bad since Zero Suit Samus has them, it's more the implication that she has next to nothing covering her... naughty bits underneath her dress. Leggings were the easy solution, and I have trouble picturing any other color looking good, including white.

And even if it didn't happen here, it most certainly would have if they made a model of her in action. Every move she made would be a panty shot waiting to happen, and the Smash 4 void technique just wouldn't look good.

D

Deleted member

I think I understand the idea behind Mythra's leggings. It's not that bare legs themselves are bad since Zero Suit Samus has them, it's more the implication that she has next to nothing covering her... naughty bits underneath her dress. Leggings were the easy solution, and I have trouble picturing any other color looking good, including white.

And even if it didn't happen here, it most certainly would have if they made a model of her in action. Every move she made would be a panty shot waiting to happen, and the Smash 4 void technique just wouldn't look good.
They could've just lengthened her skirt then

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm playing through my first Shantae game, Half-Genie Hero, and I gotta say I'm loving the art so much. Even with those dialogue boxes that remind of Kid Icarus Uprising, they just look great. I'm really looking forward to completing this game. Do you guys have any recommendations when I finish this one? Like which Shantae game should I play next?

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Been feeling good for Shantae's chances these days. Maybe from reading how high of spirits people are in the Geno thread, with all the hoops people would have to jump through just to get anyone other than em. And I'm here just thinking about how easy Sakurai could just phone up Bozon for everything. Though in my mind it would be Sakurai personally flying to his home in a Helicopter and ringing his doorbell. He then tells em, "It's time". Then they bro-fist so awesome it just causes shockwaves through the Universe.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, yeah, if a Rotty spirit ended up in the game, but it was censored, for some odd reason, you bet, I'd be a very unhappy man...
At least she's clearly non-human, which can allow folks to let it slide (see Krystal's AT). Besides, not even Bolo got to show up.

I just hope Risky hasn't been covered up.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm playing through my first Shantae game, Half-Genie Hero, and I gotta say I'm loving the art so much. Even with those dialogue boxes that remind of Kid Icarus Uprising, they just look great. I'm really looking forward to completing this game. Do you guys have any recommendations when I finish this one? Like which Shantae game should I play next?
All of them but if you need just one: Pirate's Curse.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Ok I will redo mine then. With the proper colors.

EDIT: Okay here are my new mains(in their proper colors)

1543354095108.png

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
They could've just lengthened her skirt then
No, I don't think they could. Besides just being a lot harder to do for little gain, it's a slippery slope. Too little extension and it doesn't solve the problem of excessive panty shots. Too much and it just ends being a robe in the same vein as the princesses, which is completely unlike everything she can wear.

We gotta think of the long-run here; chances are the leggings are the only way to adequately fit her in a lower rating without compromising her identity. Especially if you intend to put her in motion later.

Besides, the black helps her stand apart from those Bayonetta angels and Balder :p. And in my opinion, actually kind of fits her personality, both in the sense of hidden dark secrets and the usual dual nature of the tsundere.

Top Bottom