• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHDL Difficulties

I've already seen what I'm supposed to do from the videos, but that still doesn't help me perform it. I've been practicing for many hours and only managed it once. I can manage the SHL, but only after like 20 trys. Can anyone try and explain using the frames of the shorthop of when you start using your laser?

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
short hop, and at max reach press b twice, you will notice what the timing has to be to do a zero lag laser and the lowest possible.

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
Well if you time it right, the second laser shot should be a "silent laser" which is at the same level as a laser would be if you had shot it from the standing position on the ground. This is a zero lag laser.

The most important thing is when you fire off the first laser. It should be around the very top of your shorthop. Make sure you fire the second immediately after the first. It shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to at least get a good feel of when you should start shooting.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Make sure you are doing a SH, I see tonnes of people thinking they can when actually it's going way too high. Also, to add to the comments here, you need to buffer the second Laser, so don't wait till the first laser is fired, tab B twice as quickly as possible. D/w I don't think anyone has been able to do silent laser 100% of the time :)

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
At the peak of Falco's short hop when he begins to spin (if this is wrong, correct me but it's how I've done it) then you press B twice. Not rapid ZOMG button mashing on the B button, but precisely press it twice. The first laser should be an overhead shot and the second if timed perfectly will be a silent shot. Falco won't even pull his blaster on it. Still, even if you don't get the silent shot, it will still cancel the lag properly. Just work on giving yourself a split second after the jump before you start shooting. Otherwise both lasers will be overhead shots. I had the same troubles you did, so I feel for you.

Top Bottom