• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik in doubles

DBD

Smash Rookie
Work your magic smash boards. sheik in doubles, i feel like i'm constantly my teammate's *****. is this the destiny for sheik players around the world!!! (for doubles)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Ehh...

Doubles is a strange subject since either player can play aggressive or defensive depending on how your teammate plays etc etc.

Personally I like to sit back and just help my partner when I need to. I just play a disruptive doubles game and just take pot shots here and there.

If I'm sheik I usually play a lot of offstage game since Sheik's edgeguard game is very solid. I use needles when I see my partner is in a jam (when like my opponent lands a grab/jumps for aerials etc).

Sheik can be a fairly decent aggressive doubles partner if she wants to using spaced aerials and such too.

So yea... melee like never never has an easy answer :lick:

DBD

Smash Rookie
Ehh...

Personally I like to sit back and just help my partner when I need to. I just play a disruptive doubles game and just take pot shots here and there.

If I'm sheik I usually play a lot of offstage game since Sheik's edgeguard game is very solid. I use needles when I see my partner is in a jam (when like my opponent lands a grab/jumps for aerials etc).

So yea... melee like never never has an easy answer :lick:
yeah that's basically the story of my life, and truthfully it works pretty well, but i notice it screws up my singles a lot lol. feel like i dont use enough tech, during doubles, to keep my fingers warmed up.

thanks for the advice though =)

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Agree with tec, I feel like camping the ledge when I play sheik in doubles. BUt fox mostly because of the mobility.

WHA?

Smash Ace
ok this is a doubles question:
im sheik, and one of my opponents grabbed my partner
im prettty far and only way to interrupt is needles
so i needle

my unease come from having done so, but since i hit opponent whille he was grabbing my partner, my partner is grab released in a very horizontal trajectory (sometimes sendin em way off the stage if done near the ledge)
-does the distance of that grab release depend on my partner's %?
-can this be DI'd?

cuaue ive made it easier for my partner to get killed by having him off stage,

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Sheik does good playing support, especially when you are partnered with a Fox/aggressive Marth. Jiggs is just gay but it's probably the most **** team ever xD

Rayku

Smash Lord
I really prefer to play Sheik in doubles as a shark. I mainly stock tank and go in for hits when I know they're guaranteed. She's my only character where I'm not the aggressor, and playing with someone on your team that has a very aggressive style usually works wonders.

Are there any really good methods of playing super aggro in teams?

WHA?

Smash Ace
I really prefer to play Sheik in doubles as a shark. I mainly stock tank and go in for hits when I know they're guaranteed. She's my only character where I'm not the aggressor, and playing with someone on your team that has a very aggressive style usually works wonders.

Are there any really good methods of playing super aggro in teams?
exactly!
i feel i gotta have an aggressive partner

but i feel agressive can work too
just look at isai's sheik in doubles, it played both parts perfectly well whenever needed

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Sheik does good playing support, especially when you are partnered with a Fox/aggressive Marth. Jiggs is just gay but it's probably the most **** team ever xD
my friend and i play sheik/jiggs team (im jiggs).

works really really well as long as my friend can hold his ground.

like tec said, im the same cause im usually there to aid sheik, throwing bairs/fairs to interrupt combos (eg. fox's uthrow uair) and a lot of gimping edge crap, like continuing the edgeguard from sheik's fair or something.

but the best thing is, sheik has an amazing grab.

grab -> rest, anyone? :)

oh and at a tourney, i overheard some people saying that sheik/jiggs is the most dirtiest team they ever played against.

i totally agree haha.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
What about double Sheik doubles? Velox and I play sheik doubles and it just feels like the best way to win is to stick together and hit everybody and not worry about hitting your teammate. We got some team kills, but more often than not, one of our tilts put an enemy into the others f-air.

I guess I'm really just wondering if there's a better way to win than stick together and not worry about the inevitable.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Me and Vanz goes double sheik all the time =3.

We've had pretty good success with it even going against double fox.

I think it can really work, the edgeguard game for 2 competent sheiks edgeguarding you at the same time is really scary to watch sometimes.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I also think that double sheik is excellent against teammate+jiggs teams. I'm not sure about double jigg teams but two Sheiks can very effectively kill jiggs.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I agree with m2k, except for the part about falco being 5th best in teams. I think Cfalcon is 5th best , but w/e that's just my 2 cents.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i agree with m2k, and im glad because so many people try to complain and say that falco sucks in teams

Jimbo Slice

Smash Journeyman
It's mind blowing how devastating a stray needle can be in doubles matches. Just camp that ledge all dai. Man I love playing Sheik in teams.

Mew2King, how do you feel about Marth in teams?

dilling

Smash Apprentice
It's mind blowing how devastating a stray needle can be in doubles matches. Just camp that ledge all dai. Man I love playing Sheik in teams.
Not only that, but with the horizontal throw from the ground, and the 45 degree throw from the air, it's rather helpful in getting teammates back. (At least in my opinion).

Top Bottom