• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik is BACK BABY. Lots of Famitsu scans!

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone really think Sheik wouldn't come back?

GlaDOS: "I mean, seriously now."

The question is, how does (s)he play this time around?

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Heh, she's back. She's probably nerfed though, like they nerfed Fox. I mean, if they nerfed Fox and don't nerf Sheik in any way, shape, or form, I will be mad.

My thoughts on the scans:

Purdy pictures!

Rash

Smash Ace
Sheik's a little nonsensical, seeing as she's blonde while Zelda is brunette.

However, the model is still pretty nice.

I'm still a little iffy about Sheik though. The character is good, but hopefully she's been nerfed a little. Also, it'd be good if she doesn't steal Zelda's thunder like in Melee.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Sheik's a little nonsensical, seeing as he's blonde while Zelda is brunette.

I'm still a little iffy about Sheik though. The character is good, but hopefully he's been nerfed a little. Also, it'd be good if he doesn't steal Zelda's thunder like in Melee.
1. The hair changes because of magic. Deal with it.

2. I, too, hope Sheik if nerfed. If nothing else, they need to change the properties on those god**** broken needles.

3. Unless Sheik is heavily nerfed and Zelda is significantly buffed, Sheik will still steal her thunder. He's more popular and he was superior in Melee.

Reyairia

Smash Champion

I'm still a little iffy about Sheik though. The character is good, but hopefully he's been nerfed a little. Also, it'd be good if he doesn't steal Zelda's thunder like in Melee.

Sheik is a girl, and has always been a girl.

kthnx.
I don't understand why it's so hard to admit to playing a female character.

3. Unless Sheik is heavily nerfed and Zelda is significantly buffed, Sheik will still steal her thunder. He's more popular and he was superior in Melee.

Exactly, hence why I'm upset there doesn't seem to be a catch like Pokemon Trainer's stamina system

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
I was so thrilled this morning to see my main and best character ever returning! It will be a true joy to play as the "Masked Menace" as I like to call myself when playing Sheik. Lol) with her phenomenal new look!

it's new, yet remeniscent of the past. I really like the new appearance and hope to see a new "Flavor" from her too! YAY!

Sheik has just been moved to #1 on my top 5 characters.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Well... we all know that her melee design (and maybe the ocarina one also) were kind of ackward. In melee at least....is very well known that she IS zelda.... but her chest is flat...and not even that.... is a male chest.

welll it seems this time they got tired of the dilemma and gave her proper feminine characteristics in her chest and waist.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Haha, right when I opened this thread, I instantly saw accusations of it being faked.

I was kinda disappointed that it might not have been real, then I went to DOJO and I see..

SHEIK.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

In Melee, Zelda wasn't fully blond as well, as well as she doesn't have red eyes.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Did you guys even PLAY Ocarina of Time?

Zelda DISGUISES HERSELF to be one of the last surviving members of Sheikah--like Impa, Zelda's guardian when she was little; they have red eyes and dark skin--and calls herself Sheik.

The point is, ZELDA IS SHEIK, and SHEIK IS ZELDA. It's the SAME PERSON. Sheik is a WOMAN.

It's assumed Zelda uses magic to give herself the disguise of a male Sheikah, but ultimately you could just say she tapes her boobs down and uses materials to darken her skin, etc.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
The point is, ZELDA IS SHEIK, and SHEIK IS ZELDA. It's the SAME PERSON. Sheik is a WOMAN.

Unfortunately, many people here will never really know a woman and thus out of spite are chauvinists who can't admit to playing a woman despite the obvious.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
I played that game countless number of times. Yes...I know who Sheik is. lolz

Man, Sheik just looks awesome.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I wonder what Snake would say about sheik. Snake's codecs are ROFL.

BTW we will be expecting Ganondorf soon. YAY!

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
A thread needs to be stickied with the undeniable truth that Sheik is a GIRL! There are many facts to confirm this:

1. It's ZELDA in a ninja suit! What gender is Zelda again? Oh yeah! FEMALE!
2. Nintendo has ONLY ever referred to Sheik as 'her' 'she' etc. How can that be confusing!?
3. Boobs. Are you people blind!? Yes, (for Melee's sake) you CAN wrap up boobs in tight cloth to make them less prominent!
4. No bulge! Ok, go play Melee again... Has it started up? Good. Now go to camera mode and choose Sheik. OK, now choose Ganondorf. Ganondorf is what happens when men wear tight pants! But what is this!? No bulge for Sheik, AMAZING!!! Or just common sense.

STOP BEING IGNORENT PEOPLE! SHEIK = ZELDA! THEREFORE SHEIK = FEMALE!
Nobody can disprove that either. Yes, anyone who would argue against this is stupid, stubborn, or ignorant... There is no other way.

Jeez...
Sheik for Brawl, w00t!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
We should get Sheik to do a closeup of her boobs so the naysayers can shut up. Sheik is a SHE!!!

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I always thought she just flattened her chest with thight bands or something. I've seen my friends do that... don't ask.

Well, squashing them like that is not good for you, besides, it's uncomfortable... I bet Brawl Zelda is like "No, I'm not squashing the twins!!"

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
I am hoping so hard that this means Ganondorf will be making a return for Brawl as well; after that interview where it was said that models for him and Sheik had both been submitted...

*crosses fingers*

Meanwhile, Sheik herself is still a cool thing to know. It'll be interesting to see if she's still as high-tier in Brawl as she was in Melee.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know. Wasn't the point, though. lol.
The point is Sheik IS Zelda... Just because you wear a costume doesn't change your gender. What is the other sides arguments!? They say 'he', but I never ever see any of them saying why they say he.

Especially since Nintendo has only ever referred to her as 'she' 'her' etc.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
The point is Sheik IS Zelda... Just because you wear a costume doesn't change your gender. What is the other sides arguments!? They say 'he', but I never ever see any of them saying why they say he.

Especially since Nintendo has only ever referred to her as 'she' 'her' etc.
The only other arguement is some characters in OoT refer to Sheik as a man but that's strictly because Sheik is DISGUISED as a man. She's supposed to come off as male.

End of subject, Sheik is woman

Rash

Smash Ace
I never doubted Sheik as Zelda, and most importantly as a "she," but before I just figured Zelda disguised herself as a "he" to Link in order to keep her identity concealed. I mean, I don't remember prominent breasts in OOT or SSBM, but maybe I should go play those games again?

Many of the people referring to Sheik as a guy are merely maintaining the disguise, that's all.

Top Bottom