• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik look's the same broken char that we know(video)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
No she doesn't, did you look at how long it took for her to change from Zelda to sheik!? It looks like it takes around 3 seconds for the transformation to take place. Which would stop any sort of combo that could of been made!

The Sheik and Zelda users will once again be separated.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
Sheiks fighting style and "ownage" still looks the same. She took out almost every single Primid in 2 attacks or less!

Boxob

Smash Champion
From what I saw, it seemed her smash attacks were noticeably slower. With that, perhaps all of her moves have been slowed a tiny bit, even a little slower might make her not so broken. There wasn't enough footage to make a decent judgment really.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
ummm... sheik's fighting primids.... how the heck sould we know that that means about actual gameplay?

Luthien

Smash Ace
Even if she is broken, shut up and play.
QFT. That's awesome.

@ Sonic the Hedgedawg: No kidding. All we can kind of determine is speed and hitbox sizes (even then, that's questionable). Strong attacks seem to have no effect on primids when they have leftover stamina, and the lightest jab sends them flying off-screen when they have no health left. Thus, we cannot measure power using Primids.

courte

Smash Lord
yea sakurai says in the interview with iwata that all of the characters have different stats depending on subspace or vs so...

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
It's frustrating that we only see Sheik fighting primids.
I want to shout out that she's broken again and blame all my troubles on that cursed ninja, but I can't because I can't frickin tell anything.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Lol at the transformation time. It was at least 3 seconds. In a way im happy that Zelda and Shiek, due to the slow transform are moreso seperate characters now. Makes me beating up Shiek with Zelda more viable :bee:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Hey guys, maybe the Primids are just really weak like Polygon team/Wire Frames? Still doesn't say anything really. Great to see some footage of her though.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
She looks much faster, but her actual attacks seem slower. She might even be weaker in attack strength since we can't tell with just primid killing.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
wow omg sheik in a vid.......... anyways sheiks smashes do seem a little slower her tilts and jab kinda to but i didnt even notice she rolled 2 in the beginning so she seems she rolls faster and had over all better speed....but i hope we will see sheik vs match soon to see how powerful her attacks are and how she is in vs play.....

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh cmon, after taking all the buffs and nerfs apparent so far to veteran characters, do you honestly believe the team didnt notice Sheik's superiority to most characters when they played 1000s of Melee matches? And then you are judging a character on ONE gameplay video where she fights using an item...

Watch her up and forward aerial to be nerfed relentlessly. In fact, look at the Famitsu top 3 knockout moves for Sheik. Not only are up air and forward air absent, but her best KO move is her Up Smash which is not very fast...

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
wow omg sheik in a vid.......... anyways sheiks smashes do seem a little slower her tilts and jab kinda to but i didnt even notice she rolled 2 in the beginning so she seems she rolls faster and had over all better speed....but i hope we will see sheik vs match soon to see how powerful her attacks are and how she is in vs play.....
Yeah, that is something I would very much like to see. It would clear some things up.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Oh cmon, after taking all the buffs and nerfs apparent so far to veteran characters, do you honestly believe the team didnt notice Sheik's superiority to most characters when they played 1000s of Melee matches? And then you are judging a character on ONE gameplay video where she fights using an item...

Watch her up and forward aerial to be nerfed relentlessly. In fact, look at the Famitsu top 3 knockout moves for Sheik. Not only are up air and forward air absent, but her best KO move is her Up Smash which is not very fast...
*pat pat* There are 2 vids, one of them where Sheik doesn't use items the entire time. And I'd rather see it in action than trust their methods of deciding which are her strongest KO moves.

S2

Smash Lord
drake it's simple just look at brawl central her strongest move now is the up smash
Her up-smash was her "strongest" move in Melee too. Or at least it as intended to be (I think they overpowered the f-air and didn't realize it).

Sheik was never that strong, she just seems that way because her combo ability is through the roof. She ends up doing a ton of damage over several hits that come very fast.

Man, TC, if you think Sheik was broken in Melee than you didn't play enough. She does give the low tier a hard time, but she's got a couple very hard matchups and she hardly gives the top tier a run for its money.

Fox/Falco/Marth were more broken than she is. Well maybe not on the newb level. Since Newbs can't figure out basic mindgames and can't use Fox/Falco/Marth at a decent skill level.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Her up-smash was her "strongest" move in Melee too. Or at least it as intended to be (I think they overpowered the f-air and didn't realize it).

Sheik was never that strong, she just seems that way because her combo ability is through the roof. She ends up doing a ton of damage over several hits that come very fast.

Man, TC, if you think Sheik was broken in Melee than you didn't play enough. She does give the low tier a hard time, but she's got a couple very hard matchups and she hardly gives the top tier a run for its money.

Fox/Falco/Marth were more broken than she is. Well maybe not on the newb level. Since Newbs can't figure out basic mindgames and can't use Fox/Falco/Marth at a decent skill level.
sheik was an infamous falco counter... sheik might not have fared well against most foxes, but she was decidely top teir... fox is about the only match up on the upper levels where sheik wasn't deemed on at least even footing.

draigaran

Smash Apprentice
Vid: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KmgDUJzwL38

Is it me, or at 5 seconds, does it seem like Shiek's up+b recovers slightly higher than it does in Melee?

I hope Sheik doesn't change too much, as she is my main for melee. Sheik can't be totally broken if she was not top tier but high tier ;). fair ftw...

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
she is slightly slower
not by much, but enough to make all those complaining tools shut up
get read to get owned :D

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
sheik was an infamous falco counter... sheik might not have fared well against most foxes, but she was decidely top teir... fox is about the only match up on the upper levels where sheik wasn't deemed on at least even footing.
This is bull. Falco ****s all over shiek, at any percent, anywhere, whether he's approaching, comboing, or camping.

He combos her at every percent, and combos into kill moves well.

He camps her exteremly well.

He approaches her really well.

Sheik can't approach well, she has to rely on punishing bad approaches mostly. She can't avoid lasers very well. She doesn't combo him for **** until about 60%.

Falco is a shiek counter, not the other way around.

Shiek has problems with Spacies, which are played a lot, and she counters Marth.

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
This is bull. Falco ****s all over shiek, at any percent, anywhere, whether he's approaching, comboing, or camping.

He combos her at every percent, and combos into kill moves well.

He camps her exteremly well.

He approaches her really well.

Sheik can't approach well, she has to rely on punishing bad approaches mostly. She can't avoid lasers very well. She doesn't combo him for **** until about 60%.

Falco is a shiek counter, not the other way around.

Shiek has problems with Spacies, which are played a lot, and she counters Marth.
What are you guys talking about...
I'm pretty sure I comboed pathetic Falco below 60% several times
you can't apply stupid terminology and stats to Super Smash Bros.
It's based of skill, and skill alone, barely the characters.
You can't justify that some characters are counters to others, thats just stupid.
No character is a counter to anyway, seeing as how there are DK vs Sheik battles in tournys and yet DK still can win. Of course some characters are slightly unbalanced (especially in Melee) but even then, you cant talk about characters countering others, its dumb.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kapusta ... Yes there are counters in Melee. You do know that's why there's something called Advanced Slob Picks in tourneys?

Furthermore, Sheik is the reason there ARE tiers in Melee. She hard-counters them all.

However, I do disagree with Falco being a Sheik-counter. Look at Drephen.

But about Brawl: Sheik is still going to be broken, no doubts.

Elysium

Smash Lord
But about Brawl: Sheik is still going to be broken, no doubts.
I don't know about Sheik being broken. Sonic looks broken. Now we have three spacies, all with ties to Fox's awesomeness, Marth coming back, Meta's insane combo ability, People raving about how good Mario is, Peach appearing to be even better in Brawl. Sheik will have some BIG competition in Brawl.

S2

Smash Lord
What are you guys talking about...
I'm pretty sure I comboed pathetic Falco below 60% several times
you can't apply stupid terminology and stats to Super Smash Bros.
It's based of skill, and skill alone, barely the characters.
You can't justify that some characters are counters to others, thats just stupid.
No character is a counter to anyway, seeing as how there are DK vs Sheik battles in tournys and yet DK still can win. Of course some characters are slightly unbalanced (especially in Melee) but even then, you cant talk about characters countering others, its dumb.
Sheik is not a Falco counter at all.

At tournament level, Falco has a 66-33 advantage (as in he's favored to win 66% of the time, Sheik 33%).

Sheik only gives Falco a hard time at the newbie level.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about Sheik being broken. Sonic looks broken. Now we have three spacies, all with ties to Fox's awesomeness, Marth coming back, Meta's insane combo ability, People raving about how good Mario is, Peach appearing to be even better in Brawl. Sheik will have some BIG competition in Brawl.
Yeah, a lot of the characters were balanced out.

Really good characters were slightly weakened. Weak characters were strengthened.

Top Bottom