• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Vts

Smash Champion
My bday is the 24th of August by the way.

I'm expecting you to visit and play me for my bday :lick:.

Okay fine I'm kidding =(, I don't expect you to come to my house. Would be amazing though
:laugh:
i'll come visist!!!

idk if you want a random weeaboo scrub to come but i should be out of basic training for airforce by then.... i hope.

if not i'll come visit when ever :psycho:

btw i may need your aim account so we can talk plus i got ton of sheik questions since i'm going to start maining/other main sheik

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
i'll come visist!!!

idk if you want a random weeaboo scrub to come but i should be out of basic training for airforce by then.... i hope.

if not i'll come visit when ever :psycho:

btw i may need your aim account so we can talk plus i got ton of sheik questions since i'm going to start maining/other main sheik
Sounds epic :laugh:.

Let me know whats goin down =3.

And my SN is Teczero8.

I'm not on right now though but IM me when I am =)

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
But now that I've seen the matches against him I learned quite a lot. I know exactly what I did wrong and what I did right and even things I should or shouldn't do that weren't in the vids at all. I'm positive I can beat him next time..=]

10char

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
explain?

/10mang0>hbox
Well:

1) HungryBox loves fighting against Sheiks, Mango doesn't as far as I know
2) Mango and I think similar, when I played him it felt like I've known him for years. So it was relatively easy for me to read him and play against him.
3)To me HungryBox exact opposite of Mango. Frankly, I have no idea what he's thinking because I don't understand why what he does works, as result I can't read him at all.
yet..=]
I have to figure him out first. But because he's so ridiculously good and smart, it's going to take a while before I catch on.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Well:

1) HungryBox loves fighting against Sheiks, Mango doesn't as far as I know
2) Mango and I think similar, when I played him it felt like I've known him for years. So it was relatively easy for me to read him and play against him.
3)To me HungryBox exact opposite of Mango. Frankly, I have no idea what he's thinking because I don't understand why what he does works, as result I can't read him at all.
yet..=]
I have to figure him out first. But because he's so ridiculously good and smart, it's going to take a while before I catch on.
All good points.

Keep in mind though that mango was playing falco or fox, character match ups you know inside out. I'd imagine playing mango's puff would be completely different and mango's puff would be less predictable than hbox's due to mango being mango.

But I don't know. Work on the puff then IC's matchup then falcon and you'll be all set amsah!

Drephen

Smash Master
yep ever since i learned the secret of beating puff from azen i rarely ever lose to puff anymore

i would like to take a shot at hungrybox myself :)

then again im washed up :(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yep ever since i learned the secret of beating puff from azen i rarely ever lose to puff anymore

i would like to take a shot at hungrybox myself :)

then again im washed up :(
I thought i'd never lose to puff until i play hbox. He abuses the matchup and it's pretty nasty the way he plays it. I actually stole it and pretty much **** every sheik with puff now as well, since shes my secondary. There's just an easy set process to it, and if the jiggs knows that, god ****it.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Please don't say hungrybox's name. All it reminds me is that i might have won if i just didn't grab. ****!!! Funny thing is that i just stole **** from watching drephen and amsah and was like eh i could do that. You guys are too good! Btw i don't thing there is much of a skill difference between mango and hbox. How ever i don't think mango plays vs sheik much since kira doesn't play much now a days.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah your set was mad close. That's how all my ****ing matches vs Hbox and darc go BUT I ALWAYS LOSE

fml!

i just gotta get better

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
All good points.

It's the truth.

Keep in mind though that mango was playing falco or fox, character match ups you know inside out.
I wasn't looking at his characters, but at how his brain works. That doesn't change no matter what character you play.

I'd imagine playing mango's puff would be completely different and mango's puff would be less predictable than hbox's due to mango being mango.
You'd think that, but I can promise you it's not true for me.

But I don't know. Work on the puff then IC's matchup then falcon and you'll be all set amsah!
Working on it..=]

Kira-

Smash Champion
I thought i'd never lose to puff until i play hbox. He abuses the matchup and it's pretty nasty the way he plays it. I actually stole it and pretty much **** every sheik with puff now as well, since shes my secondary. There's just an easy set process to it, and if the jiggs knows that, god ****it.
Do tell, both of you.

=)

I wasn't looking at his characters, but at how his brain works. That doesn't change no matter what character you play.
your insight is cool

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
to your first one....lol

second one, its super super situational, i think KK mentioned a situation in which you can use it (after get upa ttack i think is what he said)

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
Are shiek's up b and upsmash oos good for anything?
upb no
upsmash will killlll you dead if u hit with it right. still a hard task. some sheiks (m2k is one i think) that techchase with it after a downthrow. if i can i sometimes try to land one on a spacie if they are over 70% and i try to get a slap following it up. i think theyre looking for the ftilt for the setup instead of the upsmash. oh yea and if peach has a low % and u downthrow u can get a good upsmash on them if they dont di properly

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
usmash oos is awesome
Good, what do you like to use it for?

I included up b just to be safe there wasn't some random good use for it (idk, a defensive retreat to a ledge while under pressure or something....? maybe in teams it could be better than shieldgrab...? :/)

EDIT: hitbox ninja'd me...

soap

Smash Hero
usmash oos has worked really good against jiggs for me.

if they try to aerial float behind your shield into a crouch. it hits all around u. hits their crouch too i believe.

if they pound your shield high. usmash oos sweetspot is murder

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I havent really practice up smash out of shield. How do you do it properly? Do i let go of my shield then up smash? @ plank thanks bro guess i gotta try alot ****ing harder though. You got this! @ hitbox are you refering to chaddd and cornel? Or is the falco sleepyk? Regardless i remember hearing something like chadd beating xif's peach back in the day with sheik. Anyway he is really good at this game he can properly teach you a thing or too about sheik. Linguini taught me about up smashing ganon if they refuse to take the f air and di up. And lampchops taught me about running of the stage and rising n air of the stage vs space animals. My point being just because someone doesn't main sheik doesn't mean you cant learn from them. More so when they are good at the game.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Omg soap you will be ok. You got this! Omg wtf its that easy!? Imma try it out tomorrow. Thanks. @ hitbox i know sleepyk but never heard of a mslano.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
mslano is really good. He used to live in the chicago area, but went back to AR (i think thats where he was from) about 6mo ago. IIRC his mains were roy ganon and peach, all of which were really sick

Banks

Smash Hero
So what are the chances that someone can react to spacies teching strictly by eyeing the animations? I'm sure this has been discussed before but its hard to look thru all this. So if its been discussed at length then tell me to shut up

but i've been trying to look at the boots bros, the BOOTS
tech in place: does a split above the head
tech away: boots behind head
tech forward: boots above head non-split

It is so efficient in 1/4 speed (lmao). tech in place/towards you look very similar in real time tho, and even then its a split second. prediction based on stage position in addition to this helps too.

i just hate when i get a grab and don't react fast enough and all is for naught, and is probably the main reason i stink vs fox.

edit - there is a techchasing vs fox thread derpa derp. all i do is namesearch i don't check for topics

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
'
mslano is really good. He used to live in the chicago area, but went back to AR (i think thats where he was from) about 6mo ago. IIRC his mains were roy ganon and peach, all of which were really sick
yep that basically covers it. he says his best char isroy but as he says "the only problem is hes roy" good for low tier tournies. ganon is generally his main but he uses peach for sheiks and other peaches

Kira-

Smash Champion
if fox nairs your shield and then shines and then waveshines behind you you can upsmash oos after the first shine

but if they do nair shine shield pressure like all of socal then it won't work (but then you can roll)

or sometimes lucky will do nairshine wavedash backwards (instead of through you). it's pretty **** cause then he can just react to anything you do

but yeah i saw mango do it once and its kinda cool but i never really use it

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sheik's Up-b Ledgestall/Shino Stall

When you're on the edge of the stage press down to get off the ledge then quickly up-b. You should move a little upwards, while this is going on hold down. Once you hear the noise for her explosion let go of the control stick. Sheik should move down and grab the ledge you can repeat till whenever you feel like stopping.
Some techniques/sheik related things are in the first page.

If you can try checking it before you ask what things are next time.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

Top Bottom