• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
All right, I'm sure this gets asked all the time but I need help with a small technical thing. So Sheik can do fastfall needles from, say, the middle platforms of Battlefield to the ground, right? Am I supposed to fastfall first, then needle? It's impossible to input a fastfall while charging/throwing needles, right?

mers

Smash Ace
All right, I'm sure this gets asked all the time but I need help with a small technical thing. So Sheik can do fastfall needles from, say, the middle platforms of Battlefield to the ground, right? Am I supposed to fastfall first, then needle? It's impossible to input a fastfall while charging/throwing needles, right?
Are you sure you can't fastfall while charging or throwing? Seems similar to Falco's lasers to me, and he can fastfall in the middle of them.

But I don't actually know.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Is fastfall needling (from Battlefield platforms, etc.) particularly useful?

Sorry to ask questions that I'm sure would be better by just playing :/ but I don't get to play as much as I like these days because all the good smashers live 3+ hours away, haha.

soap

Smash Hero
Is fastfall needling (from Battlefield platforms, etc.) particularly useful?

Sorry to ask questions that I'm sure would be better by just playing :/ but I don't get to play as much as I like these days because all the good smashers live 3+ hours away, haha.
battlefield no. useful off middle platforms that don't overhang others (dreamland, yoshi)

it is useful off the side platforms to fastfall and hold it, then shoot ground needles:)

Reptar

Smash Apprentice
how do you get that infi invinc. frames on the ledge with sheik, i beleive its called sheik stalling, its something to do with her upB thats all i know

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge...

Reptar

Smash Apprentice
upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge, upb, let go of the edge...

i think it only took me 3 lines ^_^ buuut thx for the rest haha

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release. down, up+b, down, release.

just helping you so you can practice for the whole 8 minutes thing

Witchblade

Smash Cadet
Was just watching some vids from this past weekend.
Turns out I had my first bracket match recorded last weekend against a marth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPWilOMR64s&feature=fvwk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72LS1a107Jc&feature=fvwk

keep in mind this is my first tourney since pound 4.... And the marth's not that good
I liked the dash through shield -> fsmash on the other side in game 1 and the stationary upb sweetspot from a platform to the ledge in game 2, lol.

soap

Smash Hero
the fsmash is actually a really bad idea cuz they can cc grab u after the first hit.

but I do it anyways

I made alot of bad decisions that set.

Witchblade

Smash Cadet
Let's talk about shield game. No one ever talks about it, but Mango and Armada do weird stuff with their shields.

Are there rules of thumb on when to light shield? I usually light shield shield pressure and then intensify the shield when I'm going to buffer a roll or something.

Is it useful to move your shield when/before being hit? I know Mango sometimes follows attacks with his shield so he doesn't get shield stabbed and moves it in weird ways to disrupt l-cancel timing.

soap

Smash Hero
I dont think that now is the right time for you to learn those subtleties.
now is a good a time as any.

u don' know how he plays or learns

angle hard shield up and forward is good for getting shield grabs.

light shield is useful so you don't get stabbed by something like peach's dsmash.

i will also recommend rolling with the cstick. u can angle shield one way and roll without the shield shifting. plus it also buffers

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yo, so for Sheik's chaingrabs am I supposed to be jc grabbing, or dash grabbing, or boost grabbing or what? (If they DI to where I have to dash)

Witchblade

Smash Cadet
angle hard shield up and forward is good for getting shield grabs.

light shield is useful so you don't get stabbed by something like peach's dsmash.

i will also recommend rolling with the cstick. u can angle shield one way and roll without the shield shifting. plus it also buffers
Those three things (and moving it when on platforms) basically define my shield game, heh. I guess that means I'm doing it right. :) Do you do other things as well? Do you ever use Z to shield (other than for the marth-killer)?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Good **** KIRBYKAZE. THAT IS AWESOME. I MAY ENTER ANOTHER TOURNY THANKS TO YOUR MOTIVATION.

and yes it was bracket. KK got 3rd.

Reptar

Smash Apprentice
I mean Mango is still the number 1 player by far but kaze was on point, i was told that kaze needle cancled edge hogged without jumping in on of his matches, thats just brokenly good

Ministry

Smash Ace
the more time you have to click R the easier it is, that's why its easier to moonwalk to needle cancel edge hog apposed to a PC walk off edge hog

either way, its really tough to get consistent.

Again congrats to getting that far David, Ontario knew you could do it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I mean Mango is still the number 1 player by far but kaze was on point, i was told that kaze needle cancled edge hogged without jumping in on of his matches, thats just brokenly good
I don't remember doing that in bracket. I mean, I might have, but I was probably just screwing around with tech skill.

I did alright at RoM3.

Top Bottom