• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well heavier characters take longer to throw, which would mean that it'd be harder to react since you have less time... and I understand the point about Marth and Peach, but Fox and Falco seem like they'd be easier to tech chase than Falcon.

I dunno, I never found it too hard to tech chase any of them.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Well heavier characters take longer to throw, which would mean that it'd be harder to react since you have less time... and I understand the point about Marth and Peach, but Fox and Falco seem like they'd be easier to tech chase than Falcon.

I dunno, I never found it too hard to tech chase any of them.
Sheik's dthrow (or any of Sheik's throws, for that matter) isn't affected by weight. I just realized somthing though- C. Falcon has the highest falling speed when he's fully accelarated. But his fall speed acceleration is terrible, which means in the short time he's in the air from the dthrow, he falls much slower than spacies. Also, his low fall speed accelaration I THINK has an impact on the dthrow trajectory and would send him higher up. Both of this gives you more time to react fo his tech. This might be another factor that makes tech chasing falcon easier.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
But if he fell higher up... then wouldn't that be similar to like Marth and such? Or is it that Marths just jump out of it?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
if marth di away you regrab because he is stunlocked

until about like 35ish this works and then they can jump out

if he di behind or behind + up you can't regrab if they jump

if they don't di i don't know percent but they can jump out pretty early if you try to regrab

so no they don't hit the ground unless there's a platform above you or something

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I still wish there was some kinda proof. Basically, the boost grab is a boost and a dash grab, which means that the only reason it would be getting more range is from the boost, which doesn't seem like it pushes Sheik that far forward.

Or is the timing on it tighter than I thought?

I know it looks like a whole lot more with Fox.
if you time it later it goes a little further
iirc you can cancel the dash attack into a grab during the first 3 frames of the dash attack, and if you do it on the last frame youäll go the furthest. im less sure about this then most stuff i post tho
idk tho rly fox main speaking lol

btw sheiks when you tech chase people do you/can you react to a tech in place?
so does anyone have the frame data on the dash attack vs turnaround dash attack?
it depends on how hard you smash the control stick. If you smash it hard enough (smash it long enough for it to register as a dash in 1 frame) you'll turn around in 1 frame. If you do it to slow you'll have to through the whole turning around animation which is relatively long

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
btw sheiks when you tech chase people do you/can you react to a tech in place?
i 0-death tech-chased Sars Pirate's falcon for like 3 consecutive stocks with the dthrow (eventual off the ledge gimping when he tried to escape). it was hysterical :D

i always try to space out in between the in-place and behind me region, and expect a tech in place. if they don't tech, dsmash reaches. if they tech in place, i'm right there waiting for a dash grab. if they tech behind me, i have plenty of time to turn around and dash grab, and if they tech away, i can hopefully dash grab them or at leaast dash attack them before they are fully recovered.
also, people rarely tech dash attacks that knock them down. that means lots of usmash to utilt combo fun on fast fallers :D

but yeah, you can definitely react to it, you just have to "plan on it" since it's quicker. always expect the tech in place, since you have more time to punish for roll techs or not teching at all, usually.

soap

Smash Hero
but yeah, you can definitely react to it, you just have to "plan on it" since it's quicker. always expect the tech in place, since you have more time to punish for roll techs or not teching at all, usually.
thats what i do, i mostly dont like getting caught with a tech in place shine so i always look for in place first then react to everything else

soap

Smash Hero
tourney yesterday during the finals after tink does a ftilt edgeguard on another fox " green fox has got those red boots from the blood of fallen falcos"

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Teczero's waveshine is pretty. I can't seem to reverse waveshine well. :(

soap

Smash Hero
i wish ness' down b had a hitbox and a jump cancel

u could ***** wavemagnet to djc uair n ****, or have guaranteed yo yo glitch setups

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
N64 smash/ssbuptilt is really fun. Ness is so broken... nvm, there's pikachu.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
PA had a tournament and lots of sheiks met =D.

Well... actually I just met Tope and Spawn... so really only 3 sheiks met :laugh:

Spawn - Nice meeting you man, you're so awesome to play. We definitely need to play more friendlies like for hours ;) and talk moar sheik =D.

Tope - If you ever even go to this thread anymore lol.

Nice meeting you man first off, that beard you have is ridiculous.

Second, your sheik makes me really want to try to incorporate your sheik game into mine. Your sheik was really awesome to play and I'm kicking myself cuz I didn't play it more. :(

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
when is it a good idea to use turn around needle canceling->aerials? I've practiced and stuff with this, but I would like to know more..

Top Bottom