• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Kaffei

Smash Hero
If you can get them to do something stupid after the f-tilt (double jump) then do the f-tilt. If not then yeah it can be worth going for the tech chase.
Ohhh I didn't think of ****** double jumps. Alright, thanks =D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ohhh I didn't think of ****** double jumps. Alright, thanks =D
If you're going that route, I recommend going for fair --> f-tilt --> ???

It's easier to hit than up air stuff. Up air stuff is sometimes more appropriate though. You can also dance around. If they land from the f-tilt you can just start a pressure sequence with fair --> duck/dash dance/etc. too and often get a follow if you've got them staggered a bit (the player, not the character, we can't stagger people).

Can't Sheik also dthrow>jab at 0 to try to reset the situation and possibly go for another grab?
When you have so many options available at low percents for combos why would you do the most escapable and least damaging one? At least f-tilt becomes sort of a real combo if they DI into it (and if they don't you 'reset' the situation but did 7% instead of 4%). I honestly prefer doing everything else at low percent - jab isn't good until it actually starts comboing into things.

It sometimes works but you do have better general options.

She can also just regrab, and solve that problem.
This.

Slowly, but surely, this Peach is taming that creature Sheik.

Also, can I be the first to say that David's new avatar is hilarious?
Crackle too good.

Van.

Smash Ace
Question about 0-deathing ganon-- The regrb on DI away is nearly impossible to hit reactively at 0-30 or so, so do you guys tech chase it at first? If so, to what percent? thanks

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Question about 0-deathing ganon-- The regrb on DI away is nearly impossible to hit reactively at 0-30 or so, so do you guys tech chase it at first? If so, to what percent? thanks
I saw Mew2King tech chase just the 1st throw at 0
Idk try that
If that doesn't work then try 2 throws
and so on

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ganon can jump out of sheik's CG around 35%. You should start CGing asap and if they don't DI around 35% make sure to utilt or ftilt and start ur combos.

Van.

Smash Ace
tech chase up to 30 then do whatever.. dash attack/cg/up tilt

sheik can react to EVERYTHING!
well dash attack would not lead to a kill, so obviously thats a pretty awful option lol. Uptilt can probably be DI'd/jumped out of after 30. Using uptilt against ganon in my opinion should just be on slight behind DI to regrab at below 30 or on behind DI at 75 to link to fair and finish.

I saw Mew2King tech chase just the 1st throw at 0
Idk try that
If that doesn't work then try 2 throws
and so on
The algorhythmic method does seem to be the best option here. Good call.

edit @sveet OMG i didn't know that! revolutionary man you're the best. i would have wasted SO much time practicing this haha i must have read somewhere it worked till 80+

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
well dash attack would not lead to a kill, so obviously thats a pretty awful option lol. Uptilt can probably be DI'd/jumped out of after 30. Using uptilt against ganon in my opinion should just be on slight behind DI to regrab at below 30 or on behind DI at 75 to link to fair and finish.
dash attack covers di away and leads to uptilt/ regrab/ ftilt/ u smash/ fair/ uair/ ect..
u tilt covers pretty much everything except di away and leads to grab, they cant jump out of it if u use it right, and if they do jump out of it u can just juggle them with uair and bair.. ganon is ***** when he is above you
read kirbykaze's guide in shiek dittos same grab concepts.

if they cc your dash attack you can just crouch then react to what they come up with.

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
no they can cc dash attack, which depends on percents but most of the time leads to a tech roll that you can do stuff with

Nedved

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys !
I was messing around with a friend, so we recorded a few matches. He mains Fox, seconds Sheik, and he is the guy (with Darko) who taught me how to play Sheik.

If you have any comments, if you see any mistakes or pattern too predictible (or whatever), just tell me please. I need to improve a lot before ESA in two weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMjv--uiBak&feature=youtu.be

Thanks a lot :)

stelzig

Smash Lord
There's a fair amount of things and a ton of video to look at. I'm tired right now so I won't look at too much and might be able to give more advice tommorow.

- As I said there is a ton of stuff that could be commented on, so I'll start off suggesting that you actually spend some time practicing by yourself during those 2 weeks and get better control of your character. You seem to make a fair amount of technical mistakes.

- Don't be so quick on using your DJ. Being above marth with no jump is not a fun position to be in. You may get hit by not jumping every once in a while, but you're almost guaranteed to be hit if you do jump.
Also pay attention to what your opponent does - Example @0:45 the marth hits you with a Dair and then goes for an fsmash. Even though the fsmash clearly whiffed, you still went for the panic DJ a fair amount of time after the fsmash. It was a free punish from you, but because of a sort of auto-pilot response to the Dair, you lost the punish and set yourself back into a bad position.

- I see you whiff a Fair and moving towards your opponent ("committing") alot, which is really bad for your spacing and you have to make sure you're going to hit when you do that. Otherwise it is better to take that extra few steps forward and make sure to be jumping backwards or at least straight up. I think you could benefit from csticking your aerials more, but also just be a little more careful with when you throw out your Fairs in general.

- Use more ftilt and ground moves in general. In addition: Crouch cancel (into these moves or grab). Seriously... You need to abuse crouch cancel so much (use it at all), there's so many times you could do it in these games.

- If you aren't going to do proper ledgedashes, then just "walking" up on stage is often just as good or even better. I do encourage practicing quicker ledgedashes in friendlies though and you should try to refine your timing a little when you can constantly HEAR your airdodge onto the stage.

I wrote more specific points, but decided that this was the most important stuff. Maybe i'll post it back up tommorow and/or add new stuff. Plenty of stuff you can work on anyway, hope you found some of this useful. :)

Nedved

Smash Apprentice
Thank you ! :)
When you wrote "Also pay attention to what your opponent does - Example @0:45" i just check the video and saw what was your point before actually read. I will make sure to never do this again^^

I usually play grounded against Marth (WD OoS to grab/ftilt, etc...) but when i'm against Drax it's pretty hard, cause he always know when i'm going to do it :/ I should think about that i guess.

About technical mistakes, it seems like i have an issue with my controller : sometimes I want to Fair/Bair but it goes for Uair, but i didn't change anything. I wil try to clean it and i will see if it's me, my pad or whatever :/

thank you for everything, I'm gonna work to get better with my Sheik at first. ^^

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Seems like Falcos metagame has evolved to break combos, namely techchases. They used to spotdodge to shine but more often they will now mix in shine jab and uptilt. I see a lot of sheiks running into this or shield grabbing, sometimes spacing some attack. I think a good way to avoid being attacked and keep going with the combo is a Delayed Boost Grab. Just space outside of the falco and delay your Boost Grab and the acceleration should be fast enough to punish shine jab or uptilt.

Ministry

Smash Ace
Seems like Falcos metagame has evolved to break combos, namely techchases. They used to spotdodge to shine but more often they will now mix in shine jab and uptilt. I see a lot of sheiks running into this or shield grabbing, sometimes spacing some attack. I think a good way to avoid being attacked and keep going with the combo is a Delayed Boost Grab. Just space outside of the falco and delay your Boost Grab and the acceleration should be fast enough to punish shine jab or uptilt.
or you can tech chase properly and walk in the direction he dis then boost grab normally.

also the tech in place you can just stand outside of this shine range and grab.

you are just being lazy and not tech chasing properly.'

stop making sheik worse then she is

Kaffei

Smash Hero
or you can tech chase properly and walk in the direction he dis then boost grab normally.

also the tech in place you can just stand outside of this shine range and grab.

you are just being lazy and not tech chasing properly.'

stop making sheik worse then she is
I have bad reaction time though =(

L__

Smash Master
kinda curious about the whole thing

how long you have to cancel the dash attack into grab

start up frames

active grab frames

recovery

is there anything else?

a gif would be cool too