• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

nicaboy

Smash Champion
So i did solid this weekend im happy with it.

Got 4th in singles and i felt i could have gotten 2nd overall but i got slightly outplayed and **** happens no johns. Col bol of course won the whole thing.

Me and seibrik doubles sheik/ sheik puff got 3rd in teams.

My training must continue!

giantimi

Smash Cadet
Quick question. If you perfectly space a forward tilt on fox below 30% and they crouch cancel it, what can the fox punish you with?

giantimi

Smash Cadet
I know that in fox matchup, you generally can't do any attacks against fox (below 30 percent) or he'll crouch cancel them? Is your only option to grab and downthrow tech chase? That seems really bad.

giantimi

Smash Cadet
hey kirbykaze, this is the sheik player you met at ROM 3 who gave me advice about the sheik vs marth matchup, specifically, about using sh nair against dtilt and retreating fairs. You were playing niko (marth player from tristate) in friendlies and then we played some friendlies too. BTW good **** at ROM 3.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
oh sick haha i remember you

yeah fox sheik is like

low percent - space aerials, grab, u-tilt is okay if they're above you, f-tilt is okay if they're above you and in front ('cuz it "combos" to grab)

mid percent (30+) - pretty much everything above except you can dash attack and f-tilt openings / lag if you feel like it

high percent (???) - same stuff, but basically you can jab to force techs at some point (maybe like 120?) and you can d-throw d-smash if they di the throw anywhere BUT away

gimps are like

b-throw bair

b-throw dash sh nair and then fast fall

b-throw dash off dj nair

and then stuff with f-tilt, needles, and d-smash can be good depending on what they're into

fox is hardddddddddddddd

sometimes

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
that's why i specified lag / openings

'cuz then he can't true cc

and asdis down

and falls over

and if he ground techs they're at neutral iirc so he can't follow

don't f-tilt a crouching fox lolololol

giantimi

Smash Cadet
Another question for you guys...

So I was playing a marth a while ago and sometimes if the marth was in air and I knew he was a certain distance away from me I just crouched instead of putting up my shield in order to avoid the move and the inevitable shield stun I would have to deal with had I done so.

Is this generally a good idea or do the marths you play try to land with a spaced aerial that forces you into your shield?

Also, has anyone noticed that you are right next to marth and he jabs that you can crouch to avoid the move all together!

Does this also work for any of marth's other moves in his moveset?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ya at super duper close range a lot of marth's stuff blindspots

ducking to evade marth's nonsense at certain ranges can be good

in general you don't wanna really block vs marth so much as you want to just move around and be evasive and make him do something

you kind of pull a fox and wait for stuff and then punish

only you're better at it kind of because sheik has more range than fox

i'm not sure fox d-tilt is better than sheik d-tilt but yeah in a cc war fox can be like a good 15% higher than sheik and still win 'cuz his d-tilt power is like ridiculous comparatively and tacks on percent so don't challenge him to a cc d-tilt war lololol

most characters will **** sheik in a cc war her moves are so weak

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
let's talk about puff or ics

these matchups are gay and should be addressed

note: i said gay, nothing about who wins

a matchup can be gay even if it's in your favour

even when fox ***** puff it was still gay

so talk about strats or w/e

i'm having issues vs puff on fod mainly

plats **** with my sh aerials

i could camp it out i guess

but i'd rather get input from your niqqas

soap

Smash Hero
fairs, needles, dsmash, dtilt.

Try running up to them. stop like you're about to dsmash, wait split second for a shield, then grab

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
to make this feint more convincing, try wding down in front of them just outside their shield grab range

i feel directly attacking the duck is a good way to like lose

but then not attacking the duck lets her gain a lot of ground control easily which is also dumb so i think feinting and convincing them they need to do nonsense like block may be worth looking into

currently i space fair when i feel the need to attack her duck but i wind up trading with f-smashes on their part sometimes which is sort of lame but i'm going to chalk that up to being predictable / badly spaced for now

i don't really like d-tilt because of cc grab. they grab my leg and i feel upset about it. i've been d-smashing more and i think i like it more than i used to. i don't like needles because they feel more committal than the others (not sure if they are, but they feel like a bigger investment) and you need to be SUPER close for them to combo to grab, which is super lame.

usually i don't attack her duck but lately i feel this compelling desire to challenge it in friendlies

soap

Smash Hero
you don't follow the needle....u just space another aerial or fake an approach.

for fsmash, just sh, drift back and don't do the move, then grab the whiff

I remember Idea fsmashing my fairs like 3 years ago lol

he did really good in michigan a couple weeks ago

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i suppose i don't empty hop enough

i just have this feeling that if i'm needling and aren't going to be able to follow it anyway i'd rather then save my needles and then fair or something and get the extra damage

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i've modified my game to incorporate more spacing outside her duck range but i want to experiment more with what i can actively do about the duck

standing away from them is standard, same with ducking

but i want to know what else we can do

Top Bottom