• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's tiny and difficult to see but it's there. The blue twinkle and invincibility (I think?) are overlapping it.

Even if they tech the Fair they still go offstage or you hit them again.

Spife

Smash Master
iirc, any blue means there's no hurt box. During her up-b, Sheik turns blue on frame 18, that's when you can't hit her any more. On frame 58 though she comes out of the explosion 100% vulernable.
Frame 18

Other weird invincibilities off the top of my head...Fox has invincibility on his head during his up smash starting around frame 5 ending on frame 9 (some where around there). And falco's legs, which can't be hit or something during charging his dsmash, don't have invincibility. Cute stuff nintendo, cute stuff.

Edit: Jr Magus in training right hurr.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Fox has invincibility on his head during his up smash
Everyone gets invincibility in their heads during an upsmash, except Jigglypuff, cause well...her whole body is her head and that would be ****ed up.

iirc, any blue means there's no hurt box. During her up-b, Sheik turns blue on frame 18, that's when you can't hit her any more. On frame 58 though she comes out of the explosion 100% vulernable.
Frame 18.
That's a lot of invincibility, too bad the land lag makes it horrible.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hi KirbyKaze.

That is all.
*end meatride for now*

Actually, I do wanna add one other thing.

Fighting Marth is so much easier than fighting a space animal, it makes me so sad thinking about it.

Spife

Smash Master
Everyone gets invincibility in their heads during an upsmash, except Jigglypuff, cause well...her whole body is her head and that would be ****ed up.
I didn't check everyone but kirby falcon marth link, none of them have silly invincibility frames with upsmash.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Instead of that... you can do the much better shieldgrab after cc'ing.

Also, I agree with hitbox (I don't really know what I should call you so I'm leaving it as that).

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Magus, where you at!

magus420
elvenarrow3000

i also remember some other dude a couple pages ago aspiring to be the new/mini-magus.
where he at!
haha

DJRome

Smash Hero
i hear that buffering using shield+cstick is actually slower than timing it by 1 frame. true?

also, i tend to forget to use utilt a lot. what situation are best for sheik to use utilt vs ftilt? it seems that sometimes instead of uair, it's better to let them fall into an utilt as well.

also, what is the best way to fight falco? lately i've been trying to ps his attacks and lasers into grabs, tilts, and nairs. but i'm getting mixed results.

soap

Smash Hero
i hear that buffering using shield+cstick is actually slower than timing it by 1 frame. true?

also, i tend to forget to use utilt a lot. what situation are best for sheik to use utilt vs ftilt? it seems that sometimes instead of uair, it's better to let them fall into an utilt as well.

also, what is the best way to fight falco? lately i've been trying to ps his attacks and lasers into grabs, tilts, and nairs. but i'm getting mixed results.
that one frame is no biggy. on average u will gain more frames than u lose, unless u r frame perfect at determining shield stuns.

outside of combos i don't use utilt that much. good people have good spacing and just won't approach that angle. unless they have a super dair in which case u wanna dash dance anyway

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, i noticed that some foxes i fight come in at higher angles to neutralize the ftilt reaction. usually i can just cc into grab, but if they try to go past me or delay, will utilt defeat this angle?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah when Foxes jump up high and try to nair/dair your utilt will beat it. Done it a buncha times. Also I love it when I catch them at 0 at the highest point. You get 2-3 uptilts and a grab. It's amazing. It usually happens on DL.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
There already is a Magus jr, its name is m2k.

Magus knows so much he STILL surprises me with his knowledge of the game. :laugh:

And well, congrats to Spawn beating some amazing players at No Johns =3.

But yea.. I wish I can.. but I don't know any of those frame data questions :(

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Thanks Tec0. :)

Congrats to nicaboy for beating Linguini. Nicaboy, any tips for a fellow Sheik bro?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It's not so much that it's bad as it's 1000000x easier to just shield and then grab. Shield grabbing from a CC is much more reliable for actually pulling off. For example, if you are getting jabbed, you would not be able to cc Jcgrab, or if you could, it'd be extremely difficult. With cc shieldgrabbing, you have a pretty decent chance of grabbing those jabs.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
i used to jc grabs out of cc.
I do this.

shield is ten times easier. u just spam A...
I need to start doing this.

It's not so much that it's bad as it's 1000000x easier to just shield and then grab. Shield grabbing from a CC is much more reliable for actually pulling off. For example, if you are getting jabbed, you would not be able to cc Jcgrab, or if you could, it'd be extremely difficult. With cc shieldgrabbing, you have a pretty decent chance of grabbing those jabs.
The problem is that if you input the JC grab a couple frames before you're out of CC stun, the grab might never happen. With shield + mash a, you essentially buffer the grab.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
This has went sort of un-answered so I thought I'd step in and try to help a bit.

I find up tilt to be extremely useful on stages that have lower platforms such as Yoshi's Story and Pokemon Stadium(especially YS). This strategy works on most characters but especially well on the fast fallers(Falcon,space animals). Follow where they're running, usually I like to follow them as they run off the platform to the middle and stick out up tilt because you'll then get a grab and tech chases off of it. Up tilt is also very useful against Falcon's stomp because it outprioritizes his stomp completely and gets you grabs which gets you more tech chasing.

I personally think that everything Sheik does should be help for getting you grabs/tech chases. Up tilt is an extremely useful move for this because it has outstanding priority and it can combo well.

Nair out of shield when he shield pressures. It's hard to explain when exactly but sometime a little after his dair on your shield and before the shine is when you want to do this. Youj'll have to do it very fast, get the nair out as you're rising and fall whichever way you want with it. Usually you want to fall forward with it because you'll hit them, they're stunned and this leads to a grab. After grabs, because Falco hits the ground fairly slower than Fox, the tech chasing game is much easier than vs Fox. Remember, it's important to react to his techs as best as you can. I've also found that if you can space the tip of your ftilt as he's dairing at you, that works pretty decently and can lead to combos or grab.

If they come down on you with full jump dair, your up air will beat that out, which can lead to utilt,ftilt,grab. Try to learn power shielding, even if just slightly because that obviously helps a ton with lasers.

Roll like a noob.

Make sure to always DI away because if Falco gets a shine it can follow up like crazy if you don't DI and even if you do it may be able to combo because Falco is an ******* like that. It's important that after one shine that Falco only gets maybe one more dair shine after that because you can DI away after the 2nd one. Be sure to take advantage of Falco's mosrly ****ty recovery. Illusions can be handled with a reaction with ftilt and slap if they decide for the stage. For the edge, dsmash can be used but if they sweetspot then that's a little more difficult. You can also run out there and do a retreating nair onto the stage because that can hit under the stage slightly. If they're near the wall and hugging the wall try to strong hit bair for a free kill unless they tech but then after the tech you could probably jump and slap again then edge hog for the kill.

Yeah this matchup is very hard because Falco's lasers can really create a problem with locking you down and dair can be annoying to get around, but with a lot of patience it can be done. Be sure to watch many videos of Mew2King vs Falcos not named Mango or Zhu at Genesis for good showings of how to do the matchup. Amsah vs Zhu from Pound and Kira vs any Falco is also good to watch mostly.

Wow, that was a long *** write-up, I didn't even mean to do that @_@

*subscribes to thread*

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

No. If you shield grab from cc perfectly it's the same speed as perfect JC grab from cc. Shield adds 1 frame, JC adds 1 frame.

HTML:
[CODE][HTML]
[/CODE][/HTML]

Utilt if they are above you. Ftilt if they are more in front of you than above you. Utilt > Uair usually because Sheik doesn't move much in the air. Uair is sometimes better. Bair is often better for anti-air because of hitbox and stuff.

Falco is just spacing aerial so you can follow and hit him but he can't counterattack effectively. Oh and grab --> gimp or stock tech chase.

Camp on a platform and coax him into not lasering under one by charging needles where you won't be hit by SHL.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
haha, looks like my quest for frame-data based playing is at an end.
I was going to use the info. to see if it would be beneficial to quickly ledgehop and grab the edge in some situations for another 30 frames of invincibilty to help against sheik's up-b when edgeguarding her.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Oh wow, thanks.

I believe an added benefit is that the shield also adds on some extra traction, so it would make the grab easier as well.

Top Bottom