• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Training?

ShockIce

Smash Rookie
I've got a slight problem. I can play a decent Sheik, Fox, and Captain Falcon, but I've got nobody at my school or around my area to play that actually stands a chance against me. Not being cocky at all, but there's really nobody in my area that plays Smash Bros seriously. So my only method of training is fighting against CPUs, which by now are completely boring, always doing the same thing. IF anything, playing CPUs is making me worse, because I'm anticipating on their moves. So here's my question; How can I train my Sheik? All I have to play against is CPU's, and the occasional Training Mode.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Do a search for people in your area and check out the regional zones thread if you want to find more competitive people

mad_max

Smash Cadet
IL::Bloomington/Normal::Beets
IL::Chicago::mario-master
IL::Godfrey::null
IL::Urbana::brickman
IL::Warrenville::Sveet

Those are all the people in IL on the Sheik Finder.
(the order is state::city::name)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
watch plank's vids and mimic the tech skill v level ones.

practice the shino stall.

practice slap into jab or into ftilts.

practice bairs into ftilts rather than bairs into dash attacks.

practice the timing of hopped nairs to outprioritize fox / falcos and whatever else.

stuff like that.

brickman

Smash Lord
If you want to get better at sheik, play against a lot of different people who play a variety of characters. You say there are not a lot of people around where you live who play, that probably isn't true, you probably just haven't met them yet. There are weeklies in Geneva you can play at or if you want to man up you can drive down to U of I and play against me and a whole bunch of other people.

In general, you are trying to get as much experience in situations that are not extremely predictable, in situations that would occur while playing against computers. The only thing you should be doing not playing against other people is just practicing on getting down your technical skills (although it is still important to develop this while playing other people) when you don't have that opportunity you should be learning timing and spacing.

Learn to short hop, fast fall, l cancel, tech, double stick tech, and any other mindless fun flashy stuff you want with sheik.

Other than that, get in a car and go play.

Top Bottom