• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik u-air

mad_max

Smash Cadet
I agree with tristan. In melee it had pretty ridiculous knockback, which kept it from being a good juggling move. I'd say if anything, juggling capabilities have gotten better.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Yeah, most likely most of the nerfs to Sheiks knockback will turn most KO moves into combo moves, like the Fair.

AMP!

Smash Rookie
totally agree with you guys on that.

i was just curious for myself because with the slight changes im honestly more excited to play as sheik.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good to hear AMP because judging from how "busy" the sheik form is of lately we might need every single player we can find just to make sure sheik doesn't end up in low tier from sheer lack of usage.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Good to hear AMP because judging from how "busy" the sheik form is of lately we might need every single player we can find just to make sure sheik doesn't end up in low tier from sheer lack of usage.
Yes.
10 char...
I'd hate to see Sheik at low tier.

S2

Smash Lord
Sheik isn't low tier.

She's decent in Brawl, but just feels nerfed all around. I felt pretty weak during team matches, but in 1v1s her speed made her feel pretty similar.

But yeah, you can't KO with the F-air really anymore - which in Melee was always a guranteed kill if the opponent got around 120%. The lack of that sucks.

She's still got some decent edge guarding potential though and its pretty simliar to what she had in Melee. Given the total nerfing of all edge-guards where you stand on the stage (thanks auto-sweetspot for ruining that), we'll have to see how this changes. Sheik is still very good at jumping far off the stage to attack a recoverying character while being able to smoke bomb back to the edge. This was never ideal in Melee, but it might be an advantage in Brawl over certain characters. Her up-B will catch the edge regardless of which way she faces when it ends now too.

But yeah, she just feels all around a little worse, but plays very much the same.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
S2 you bring up some good facts about Sheik in brawl but the tier list isn't made by just character potential but rankings. Right now Sheik doesn't seem popular at all on the forms compare to the others and with the lacking ability to excel in any type of field currently know in brawl it's highly possible that Sheik could fall into low tier.

Then again, people might use her in tournaments just because she’s a fricken ninja

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sheik's U-air from what little video footage I've seen seems to legitimately be one of her better kill options.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja-zFPnJVlo

It killed Lucario at 171% at 1:56. I'm guessing it might kill at 150%.

IMO, Sheik is still good, but should be relying more on Zelda. Zelda really seems to have everything she doesn't this time around, and that is most prominently raw knockback in attacks. I think this time around she'll be used more like the way the developers intended. Use Sheik to combo and put damage on an enemy, then at 100% or so, try to get a kill with Zelda.

S2

Smash Lord
S2 you bring up some good facts about Sheik in brawl but the tier list isn't made by just character potential but rankings. Right now Sheik doesn't seem popular at all on the forms compare to the others and with the lacking ability to excel in any type of field currently know in brawl it's highly possible that Sheik could fall into low tier.

Then again, people might use her in tournaments just because she’s a fricken ninja
Yeah you're absolutely right.

But I think we gotta wait and see how popular she'll be when it comes out here. Obviously the vast majority of people have not played the game, so there is still tons of excitement over playing the new characters. Really, when I first played Brawl I was much more interested in playing new characters than using Sheik. But it didn't take long for me to try my hand at all the newcomers and then sort of just accept them as being the norm.

We'll see how popular the characters really are once people have the game and the "newness" of the newcomers wears off.

Sheik'll be high on the tier list if people are either winning tournaments or placing well with her. In Melee, lots of players flocked to the high tiers regardless of whether they were initial favorites or not. Then again, Brawl (so far) is looking like most characters have less of a tier gap between them. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this fluctuates a lot in the next year or two.

I really think Sheik is up in the air right now. But so are a lot of characters. Given that Zelda is pretty good this time around, we might even see players who seriously use both at tournaments. Perhaps making their choice based on who their fighting.

AMP!

Smash Rookie
I dont think theres going to be one main way to play her like ive seen most people do in the past.

Its a good thing too.
I think its going to make fighting different people a lot more interesting.

Top Bottom