• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Video & Video Critique Thread

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I cried at 2:00, Crossjeremiah. Why no needles? T_T

I didn't particularly like your use of dash attack, and I think you should probably have shielded/walked away/rolled away a bit more. Regardless, nice match overall. You made some pretty nice decisions in the right places. ;D

napZzz

Smash Hero

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
dang... I'll watch them. I'm not gonna critique unless nappy cares what I think.

Judo777

Smash Master
Cross Sheik from Japan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf3t6ubzktk - Kiruso (Mr. Game & Watch) vs Cross (Sheik) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGNyVinvbmo - Kiruso (Mr. Game & Watch) vs Cross (Sheik) 2

Tugu's Sheik from Japan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7q5ilSRifc - ??? (Marth) vs Tugu (Sheik)
I think Tugus match is hacked, I might be wrong tho, he must have dashed like 75 times in that match and never tripped. Might be wrong it just seems kinda unlikely plus they dont have replay time limit so that at least got that lol.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
and different music to boot. I liked their sheik's tugu was using dash attack correctly to punish aerials and land lag. ocationally wiffed smashes and stuff thats good.

I didn't like cross too much. but it was wifi and I hate wifi.

KJay8

Smash Rookie
I think Tugus match is hacked, I might be wrong tho, he must have dashed like 75 times in that match and never tripped. Might be wrong it just seems kinda unlikely plus they dont have replay time limit so that at least got that lol.
Tugu trips @1:28...

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Jalen
Too much unnecessary movement, but I saw some really interesting stuff in there, like the ftilt x 2 > pivot grab. Too many dash attacks though, mostly seemingly failed attempts at DACUS, but even then it would have been overuse of the DACUS.

Jalen

Smash Cadet
Jalen
Too much unnecessary movement, but I saw some really interesting stuff in there, like the ftilt x 2 > pivot grab. Too many dash attacks though, mostly seemingly failed attempts at DACUS, but even then it would have been overuse of the DACUS.
Yeah. I did do a lot of movement that wasn't needed. I just can't stand Snake's.
<_<

Oh, and thanks TJ.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I really enjoyed the ending to the match but I felt like you were getting really predictable with your DACUS. I want to give you much credit so beating that Snake down something righteous but I felt like that Snake didn't have much of a clue to some of the abuse he could give. All in all, I really enjoyed your Sheik and I hope you bring some more vids (bring some offline ones plz!!!!!) or even, dare I say.......Results? 0_o

Jalen

Smash Cadet
I really enjoyed the ending to the match but I felt like you were getting really predictable with your DACUS. I want to give you much credit so beating that Snake down something righteous but I felt like that Snake didn't have much of a clue to some of the abuse he could give. All in all, I really enjoyed your Sheik and I hope you bring some more vids (bring some offline ones plz!!!!!) or even, dare I say.......Results? 0_o
Thanks and Yeah. I do try DACUS a lot sometime. Needs more needles.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I really had the habit before; especially in teams when I would come to aid others. It's a little hard to break the habit but when you do you will thanks yourself for it.

I think my idea was for each impulsive DACUS, I replaced it with needles or I just do some empty something.

One thing for sure is I see a lot of things I liked to do, and now it really just comes down to making more decisions and giving yourself more options. Don't just set your mind to one thing; read your opponent and punish accordingly.

Judo777

Smash Master
I really had the habit before; especially in teams when I would come to aid others. It's a little hard to break the habit but when you do you will thanks yourself for it.

I think my idea was for each impulsive DACUS, I replaced it with needles or I just do some empty something.

One thing for sure is I see a lot of things I liked to do, and now it really just comes down to making more decisions and giving yourself more options. Don't just set your mind to one thing; read your opponent and punish accordingly.
i had the same habit too if i was too lazy to approach right i would just DACUS cause it is a lil difficult to punish and u get away with it alot but ppl started catching on and nailing me for it. It just got sooo annoying trying to get in and setup kills when u can just DACUS and maybe kill em and if not maybe get away with it. I guess my advice is dont be lazy and play sheik the proper way lol. I know it can be frustrating because of how often we have to win those rock paper scissors battles but sheik's not as easy character to play.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1_6LM4Gfmg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZfACoWx0b8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-K8zfnoYoo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGNCiedcx8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BY3tIjgTCM&feature=related

winner's semis of me (Sheik) vs BluB (Falco)

Please critique. There are so many situations where I just don't know what to do and everything I attempt feels completely unsafe.
I need to find openings faster to not be in that state of unsafety as long I guess. dunno

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
Just a lot more Crouching and Shield Dash approaches. And you can do some pivot walking after the crouch to get that spaced Ftilt in.

edit: which you seemed to start to do more later in the matches. Crouching that is.

Vid 3; the sound is desynched

more Ftilts. And, don't be forget that Fair can lead into DACUS. So, when you come up off the ledge and Fair him, you could get a DACUS in and catch him off guard.

Edu.

Smash Cadet
mmh i should upload some videos... maybe next week =D

i like your sheik biggad

hope you come to BBI :)

Judo777

Smash Master
Biggad ur sheik is great man. The only thing that u didnt do as like they said more crouching cause then he cant laser camp u and u gotta land that ftilt i dont think u ever locked him and killed him with it. That tilt lock is the only reason we go even with him. Had u have taken a few stocks with the tilt lock u would have won for sure.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys.

In my previous set with BluB, I was basically crouching all the time but it didn't feel productive because I never could powershield Falco's side b lol.
And yeah Ftilt ... I was having a hard time finding opportunities to use it. He tends to rely on rolls and spotdodges a lot, but instead of baiting it I just get grabbed/jabbed in an attempt to not let that happen.
What do you do against his jab btw.? I always tried to DI behind him but appearently that doesn't work. Should I just DI away immediatly?

I also need to ask the Falco boards as to how often I have to let myself get hit by lasers until I can't be cg'd anymore.

@ Edu.

Unless something ******** and unexpected happens I'll be there for sure. (:

Tewx2

Smash Ace
When Falco jabs your safest option is to DI away and punish his next attack, if he holds the jab you can forward tilt if you hit with the tip of the foot, and you can also dash attack in(I wouldn't do either of those but they are options). Needles are probably your safest option and it conditions the Falco into using reflector which can be PS'd into pretty much whatever you want.

As for the CG % once you hit 33% he can't cg you anymore, but he still has options like dash attack-usmash or dair so be careful of those.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
BigBad:

- Dsmash is toooo good against roll/spotdodge happy Falcos. You were starting to catch on to that. Don't worry about staling it because getting damage to get him off the stage is way more important since Falco's recovery sucks.

- If you're on the stage and too far when Falco is recovering just stand about 1/3 of the way from the ledge with fully charged needles. There is literally not a god **** thing Falco can do in this case because if he phantasms any length you can either get close to him and do whatever or hit him with needles. I've beaten Nerd's (WA Falco) Falco like every single time because of this.

- Try reading your opponent instead of just doing crazy ****. There were a bunch of times where you d-throwed Falco that you could've just waited and reacted instead of doing all of this fancy stuff that didn't work. When Falco is in the air just stay close to his sides (not directly under him) and your u-tilt will beat everything. And, awesomely enough, u-tilt goes right into f-tilt at low %.

Tutu:

- Overall, pretty good but god **** you need to chill out with that dash attack (see match 4). The cool down on that move is ****ing horrible and if L-Cancel punished it even half the time it would've been ugly (can he not reverse grab oos or something).

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
-Zash:

Never roll forward against G&W! (or in general, Sheik's roll is nothing special) Otherwise good stuff.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Tutu:

- Overall, pretty good but god **** you need to chill out with that dash attack (see match 4). The cool down on that move is ****ing horrible and if L-Cancel punished it even half the time it would've been ugly (can he not reverse grab oos or something).
You can't reverse grab out of Shield without waiting for the shield drop animation, but yeah the worst part about all those dash attacks were the fact that they were failed DACUS's =[ Hopefully I'll get srslies up of me vs him soon.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I didn't mean out of shield, I should've said from a standing position.

I personally hate the Olimar matchup with every fiber of my being but that's because I've only played against Weruop back when he was good enough to beat DEHF and ****.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
people make oli out to be some god. he can't shield grab you, so if he shields and you see it you pretty much get a free hit.

Judo777

Smash Master
people make oli out to be some god. he can't shield grab you, so if he shields and you see it you pretty much get a free hit.
Not always if he buffers a a shield grab out of shield stun u cant get jabs off unless u hit with the last hitbox of nair. Its hard for the oli to do but if they know that ur gonna go for a jab they can buffer a shield grab.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Actually, CPU Olimars are really adept at shield grabbing for some reason. Even with proper spacing. It's annoying, really. >.>

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The Diddy killed himself twice : (

But that's an absurd level of execution. I don't think I've ever seen a human use the needle cancel into reverse needle charge so quickly. (which he does two or three times in the second game against Peach)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
yeah neji was kinda dumb with his recovery options.

And a similar thing happened with the Peach match when he got too greedy.

BUT JUST LOOK AT THAT PLAYSTYLE!

I never knew you could get that kind of a slide from a craq walk (then again, it is Yoshi's Island).

I loved it when edu threw the turnip over Peach's head then dispersed the needles for pressure/damage in a "sandwhich"

then there's that good use of nair which according to my understanding is very useful in the Peach MU.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
wow... I'm sincerely impressed... I'm training hard core again.\

EDIT:
GAH!!! so f'in FAST!

EDIT2:
Yeah... watching those alone made my sheik better.

Top Bottom