• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik will stay High Tier for you?

LordIke100

Smash Rookie
In my opinion, yes.

Why?

Because, well, yeah I know she has been nerfed, but she is still a very good characters with the awesome combo potential, I know some of the good attacks of Sheik like Fair are less powerful, but she got other cool things:

- Tether Recovery
- Wall Cling, which only very few characters have.
- And Crawl, which only some characters have.

All this new things help her stay on her position in the tier she is. Yeah maybe she is not top tier, but I am pretty sure she will stay on top tier. :laugh:

Also, note that they are more characters, and by now, I dont see any characters better than Sheik, well, apart from Marth and Fox, which are pretty good now. Or maybe other than I dont remember, but my point is: there are more characters, so all the tiers will have more characters, so the High Tier will probably be 6 chracters long or a little more.

NOTE: I dont want people to come and say: :mad: is to early to make tiers!
We are just discussing for the fun of it, so, dont take it to seriously;)

Kefrius =]

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
:mad: is to early to make tiers!

:laugh:

Of course. The more people who play her, the better, since that's how we'll find out about the better combos and techniques. Combos have been nerfed in general in Brawl, but Sheik still has great combo ability! Her moves are quick and not really punishable (used wisely, of course). Vanish is still a great recovery move (Certainly better than Fox's or Marth's!). Heck, I bet before long, someone will have even discovered a supberb technique for switching to Zelda for KO's. Her f tilt is well buffed as well.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
of the 3 things you stated arn't huge advantages (some arn't advantages at all)

1. tether recovery is possibly the most useless type of recovery there is. It auto sweetspots meaning if someones edgehogging, you're automatically dead, meaning its only a situational advantage that you do when the opponent is far away, and doing it is risky.

2.Wall cling is mostly useless because, thanks to falco, all wall stages are banned from tourny play (tier list comes from tourny play).

3. I'm not sure how crawling is an advantage, other than you can dodge attacks with disjointed hitboxes, while moving! woot?

all in all im not saying she's a bad character, i'm even predicting a high mid-tier spot, but marth is WAY better in several ways, and so is fox. There are several characters that people are saying are better than sheik, suprisingly, some say Zelda is better. That bieng said, shiek is no where near top/high tier material.

In another thread about "what has been nerfed the most in Brawl" ,the general consensus is sheik as a whole. Marth has barely been nerfed fox has recieved the bat but not as bad as sheik.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
1. tether recovery is possibly the most useless type of recovery there is. It auto sweetspots meaning if someones edgehogging, you're automatically dead, meaning its only a situational advantage that you do when the opponent is far away, and doing it is risky.
Ledge stalling. With the tether recovery, it opens up a whole new realm of ledge stalling possiblities. Ledge stalling was incredibly useful to Sheik in Melee.

LordIke100

Smash Rookie
of the 3 things you stated arn't huge advantages (some arn't advantages at all)

2.Wall cling is mostly useless because, thanks to falco, all wall stages are banned from tourny play (tier list comes from tourny play).

3. I'm not sure how crawling is an advantage, other than you can dodge attacks with disjointed hitboxes, while moving! woot?

all in all im not saying she's a bad character, i'm even predicting a high mid-tier spot, but marth is WAY better in several ways, and so is fox. There are several characters that people are saying are better than sheik, suprisingly, some say Zelda is better. That bieng said, shiek is no where near top/high tier material.

In another thread about "what has been nerfed the most in Brawl" ,the general consensus is sheik as a whole. Marth has barely been nerfed fox has recieved the bat but not as bad as sheik.

I see. Yeah, but remember that Wall Cling can be used on final destination. But yeah, it can help, for crawling, avoiding projectiles like Falcos laser.
I agree with the part of the tether recovery.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Shiek will be top anymore, with lacking a consistent kill move. But I also don't see anyway Shiek's going to be lower than mid. With all the new characters, and a buffed Zelda, people will forget about Shiek for a bit I guess.

But Shiek's got some of the best combo potential in the game, with great all round speed, grabbing, tilts and dsmash are still great. It feels like you're SHFFLing with Shiek compared to most characters! Essentially I'm saying that if Shiek had her old F-air, she would be right by the top again. Without it, its a bit more of a struggle for KOs, but that can only lower her a certain amount.

I reckon it will end up Shiek/Zelda again, if a lot closer.

LordIke100

Smash Rookie
Sheik changes list.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=146650

Read it, see what's different. There's more than just a couple nerfs/buffs to her game.
Yeah thanks Ankoku! I have already take a look. The decrease of power in Sheik's tilts is pretty good, but I dont think the Fair descreasement of power is not bad, I mean, we can always use Nair and Bair.

I remember hearing in Brawlcentral.com that UpB was very strong, man, I remember I was so surprised.:laugh:

daemonk

Smash Cadet
I really think tiers will not be as relavant in this game as the last. It has only been out a month, but so far I don't see really any crazy broken, unbalanced characters. Every character can be pretty good if you play it right.

Top Bottom