• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheikah Survival Guide: A Sheik Match-up Thread

MisFate

Smash Rookie
I have a friend who started maining bowser. He seems like an easy character to beat at first, but like Ixisnaugus said, Bowser outranges sheik. His size is actually bad for us since when you ftilt lock him, it hits him at the bottom and therefore he gets out more easily. I guess it can make him easier to execute "combos" against.
Careful of the Koopa Klaw Walls which have grab priority and do 18% each undecayed. Maybe try and punish the Klaw since it's usually done in the air?
There is a chance of Bowser down-Bing when you follow him in the air so try to predict and punish. KOing Bowser proves to be difficult so gimping at low percents is probably the best bet (horrible vertical recovery and decent horizontal.) Ftilt will launch him into the air which offers juggle oppurtunities and I think that Fortress can get him punished if it's not done otg.
If you shield out of his grab release, 2 jabs and down b might break your shield.

I'd say around 50/50 actually.
Bowser ***** Sheik on the ground. Sheik ***** Bowser in the air.
Bowser has grab release ****. Sheik has "combos" into gimp.

PS: There is an edit button to prevent double posts.

MisFate

Smash Rookie
So the matchup strategy is.....needle camp into gimp?
Koopa Klaw Wall mixed with fairs, flame breath, Fortress, ftilt is suprisingly hard to deal with.
Flame Breath seems to be a good spacing tool and can be angled upwards to stop attempts to punish from the ground or the air so...needles (I guess you could punish the lag if you're close enough).
Mostly the Bowser would be spacing with Koopa Klaw so attack him from below
Can't think of what to do against Dash in Shield atm, so run away into more needle camping? :D

But yeah, Bowser still has the advantage after he approaches due to his ground game.
Needle camp until he goes in the air and then get under him to punish his moves.

Ground to Ground - Bowser > Sheik (Close/mid range)
Air to Air - Sheik > Bowser
Bowser Ground to air - Bowser > Sheik
Sheik Ground to Air - Sheik > Bowser

stealth3654

Smash Lord
You can needle camp, but the Bowser will probably approach you while shielding the needles. Then when he get's close to you, you have to be very careful. I recommend needle camping on the sides of whatever stage you are playing on. This way, if Bowser grabs you, you won't be chain grabbed for too long before you reach the ledge.

As for stages, I would say CP Rainbow Cruise. I think it would be easy to gimp Bowser on this stage, but I might be wrong. Bans, I would say Battle Field. Bowser can up tilt through the side platforms (and up smash?) which can kill you really early.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Ty MisFate and Ankoku
Id say RC would be a good cp stage, bowser is gimped easily. Maybe Japes would be a good CP, if you can stay out of the water, and the high ceiling can stop you from getting utilted and usmashed when youre coming from above or on the platform too early. If you get him in the water, he is basically done, but so are you sadly, so if you can stay out of the water it can be benificial to you. Definately ban Battle Field imo. Utilt and usmash like stealth said kill you very early if youre above him.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
:(

guys stay out of his grab range punish his sillyness with dash attack OOS to get him in the air. uair and fair are beastly at this point. Bowser has no viable approaches on sheik. he doesn't have the speed to beat her out unless he is on the defensive. obviously the only way he can be defensive is if you are being agressive. Don't be. It's really that simple.

If bowser's approach and defense games were so good he'd be doing much better at that competitive level. Similar to zelda bowser has a great stand still game but when camped and forced to move he becomes so much less versitile. it's easy to say sheild needles. but they have one of the lowest start ups and are the fastest moving projectile in the game. you shoot more than one needle so powersheilding isn't going to cut through it like it does for a lot of other character's projectile and camp games.

Sheik's grab game is also very important in this match up. it get bowser in the air where you have the advantage.

Um... bowser is crazy easy to gimp. like I mentioned reverse nair and fair send people off at low angles. that kills bowser, plus needles? yeah...

I play a competent bowser, my bowser would be recked by my sheik simply because of a lack of safe approach options. you can't spam ftilt and fair safely in this match up because of needles and dash attack. that puts you at a big disadvantage. And if sheik isn't putting pressure on shield with aerials she doesn't have to worry about UpB and sheild grabs.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Dcold. Sheik is not at the overall advantage, seriously. Bowser's only real fear is the FTilt lock, which works on Bowser just like every other character, BUT landing it on good Bowser's is not a straightforward task all things considered; that's not to say the FTilt lock is the only thing that works on Bowser, he is very capable of being combo'd and juggled if he is not careful. Good Bowser's though, are well aware of the threat the FTilt lock poses, so playing extra cautious to keep Sheik away is only natural for Bowser's during this matchup. Bowser's will keep a reasonable distance and deal with Sheik from there and don't think Bowser's can't hurt you when he is not at grab range: Klaw hopped aerials (preferably Fair's) and specials (Flame Breath is most common), spaced Fair's, grounded Klaw's (unlikely), DTilt, directed FTilt's, Flame Breath, these are all more than enough to keep Sheik at bay and she really doesn't have any rock solid methods of getting in there, well timed SH aerials or a dash attack could work, but they're risky and if shielded/powershielded she is prone to getting grabbed or Fortressed, both being very effective methods of dealing damage, knocking back and getting breathing space. These moves all deal hellish amounts of damage and have frightening KO potential on some of the lighter characters, from about 90% onwards Sheik is at risk of being KO'd by many of these attacks, you cannot sponge them for extended periods of time.

I'm not saying Sheik is at some huge disadvantage, she has the ability to combo the hell out of Bowser if she can catch him off guard and punish mistakes efficiently, but breaking through the castle that is Bowser is no simple feat, especially considering that Bowser does have an answer to Sheik's common options while Sheik has no surefire method of piercing Bowser's defenses and getting the combo's going. Also, don't underestimate the Fortress, it is a deadly attack and will make you think twice before jumping right into Bowser like some bold fool. KO-ing Bowser is tough because of his weight, gimping his recovery is an option but don't be fooled, it's not something that'll happen every stock; the recovery, though predictable as it may be, can cut through most aerials if the right hitboxes connect, if you want to easily gimp it you'll have to hit the sides or underneath and Bowser's like to cover that weakness as best as they can, of course this does make edgeguarding a brighter possibility, though that does depend a little on the stage.

40:60 in Bowser's favor is a realistic conclusion, but 45:55 is almost just as reasonable; in fact you know what, the former is probably too harsh, but the latter may be a bit too inaccurate, it's still closer to 40:60 though. Dcold, this doesn't mean Bowser is a counterpick, just that the matchup can be tough if you don't have enough knowledge or don't know what you're doing.

@ less than 3. Ok no, You have written off Bowser's entire metagame. If you seriously believe Bowser has no approach options on Sheik you are sorely mistaken.

First I'll address your claim that Bowser has no viable approaches. Are you unaware of Bowser's entire movepool? Please read my entire post again, it's not a rare scene that a Bowser will powershield his way through needles and get within jab range, then there's Fair and Flame Breath and Fortress. You may not believe it but these are all simple, viable methods of reaching and damaging. You cannot just say "get Bowser in the air and its all hunky dory", Keeping him in the air isn't as simple as you might think, and don't for a second think that his DownB is the only means of reaching the floor because it's totally unsafe and good Bowser's wont do the predictable.

You can tell Sheik's to stay out of grab range but that's a lot easier said than done, Sheik cannot cause problems for Bowser without being dangerously close and at risk of getting grabbed and Fortressed. Speed is of little issue here, Bowser has one of the best jabs in the game and one jab is all it takes for a setup. Sheik's shouldn't be aggressive, they should be cautious, obviously, but if you think Bowser has no way of approaching Sheik but in a reversed situation it's the complete opposite then you clearly know nothing about Bowser. Don't act like the needles completely ruin Bowser, powershielding works fine and so does jumping over it.Also, explain how Bowser is so crazy easy to gimp, and exactly how Sheik is supposed to get him into such a position without taking serious risks and damage herself. You don't seem to know much about this matchup and appear to be just theorizing. Bowser is a hell of a lot more versatile than you say; You're simply underestimating his abilities which is just as well because that's what everybody else does.

Dcold

Smash Lord
After rethinking this matchup and testing it out myself, sheik has to have the overall advantages definately. Her air game completely destroys bowser. And on the ground, as soon as sheik gets to bowser, he's taken too much damage and is in the air. It has to be 60:40 in sheik favor, even with bowsers defenses, theres no way unless the sheik plays overly aggressive, that the bowser can even contest her in the air, and when she gets to him. Tilt to usmash and he's in the air, juggle him, and avoid down b if they do it, then get him off of the stage and he really is done.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Personally, I would call it even, as Sheik should never be approaching a Bowser who is ready to defend itself. Needles force an approach. Of course you can just say to power shield every needle, but forcing the Bowser to do something means it can leave gaps. Bowser's Up-B reduces combo potential, so Sheik just needs to dart in, get a few hits in and try and get him in the air. If it works, feel free to juggle and gimp as you please. If it doesn't, back off and try again.

Needles are a solid projectile, so just mixing up the timings of needles, maybe throwing some out of a full hop if Bowser is about to reach the right position to catch him off guard and eventually Mistakes will be made. That said, Bowser will seriously punish any mistakes, making what I think would be a very good match to play.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Dcold. Sheik is not at the overall advantage, seriously. Bowser's only real fear is the FTilt lock, which works on Bowser just like every other character, BUT landing it on good Bowser's is not a straightforward task all things considered; that's not to say the FTilt lock is the only thing that works on Bowser, he is very capable of being combo'd and juggled if he is not careful. Good Bowser's though, are well aware of the threat the FTilt lock poses, so playing extra cautious to keep Sheik away is only natural for Bowser's during this matchup. Bowser's will keep a reasonable distance and deal with Sheik from there and don't think Bowser's can't hurt you when he is not at grab range: Klaw hopped aerials (preferably Fair's) and specials (Flame Breath is most common), spaced Fair's, grounded Klaw's (unlikely), DTilt, directed FTilt's, Flame Breath, these are all more than enough to keep Sheik at bay and she really doesn't have any rock solid methods of getting in there, well timed SH aerials or a dash attack could work, but they're risky and if shielded/powershielded she is prone to getting grabbed or Fortressed, both being very effective methods of dealing damage, knocking back and getting breathing space. These moves all deal hellish amounts of damage and have frightening KO potential on some of the lighter characters, from about 90% onwards Sheik is at risk of being KO'd by many of these attacks, you cannot sponge them for extended periods of time.

I'm not saying Sheik is at some huge disadvantage, she has the ability to combo the hell out of Bowser if she can catch him off guard and punish mistakes efficiently, but breaking through the castle that is Bowser is no simple feat, especially considering that Bowser does have an answer to Sheik's common options while Sheik has no surefire method of piercing Bowser's defenses and getting the combo's going. Also, don't underestimate the Fortress, it is a deadly attack and will make you think twice before jumping right into Bowser like some bold fool. KO-ing Bowser is tough because of his weight, gimping his recovery is an option but don't be fooled, it's not something that'll happen every stock; the recovery, though predictable as it may be, can cut through most aerials if the right hitboxes connect, if you want to easily gimp it you'll have to hit the sides or underneath and Bowser's like to cover that weakness as best as they can, of course this does make edgeguarding a brighter possibility, though that does depend a little on the stage.

40:60 in Bowser's favor is a realistic conclusion, but 45:55 is almost just as reasonable; in fact you know what, the former is probably too harsh, but the latter may be a bit too inaccurate, it's still closer to 40:60 though. Dcold, this doesn't mean Bowser is a counterpick, just that the matchup can be tough if you don't have enough knowledge or don't know what you're doing.

@ less than 3. Ok no, You have written off Bowser's entire metagame. If you seriously believe Bowser has no approach options on Sheik you are sorely mistaken.

First I'll address your claim that Bowser has no viable approaches. Are you unaware of Bowser's entire movepool? Please read my entire post again, it's not a rare scene that a Bowser will powershield his way through needles and get within jab range, then there's Fair and Flame Breath and Fortress. You may not believe it but these are all simple, viable methods of reaching and damaging. You cannot just say "get Bowser in the air and its all hunky dory", Keeping him in the air isn't as simple as you might think, and don't for a second think that his DownB is the only means of reaching the floor because it's totally unsafe and good Bowser's wont do the predictable.

You can tell Sheik's to stay out of grab range but that's a lot easier said than done, Sheik cannot cause problems for Bowser without being dangerously close and at risk of getting grabbed and Fortressed. Speed is of little issue here, Bowser has one of the best jabs in the game and one jab is all it takes for a setup. Sheik's shouldn't be aggressive, they should be cautious, obviously, but if you think Bowser has no way of approaching Sheik but in a reversed situation it's the complete opposite then you clearly know nothing about Bowser. Don't act like the needles completely ruin Bowser, powershielding works fine and so does jumping over it.Also, explain how Bowser is so crazy easy to gimp, and exactly how Sheik is supposed to get him into such a position without taking serious risks and damage herself. You don't seem to know much about this matchup and appear to be just theorizing. Bowser is a hell of a lot more versatile than you say; You're simply underestimating his abilities which is just as well because that's what everybody else does.
Bowsers only real fear is the ftilt lock? Are you serious? You really have no understanding whatsoever of Sheik and her capabilities so i'm not going to even give your post a proper response.

Sheik's moveset outspeeds Bowsers moveset in every way imaginable. The only thing that keeps Bowser from getting ***** in this matchup is his jab and Fortress. Granted, Bowsers jab is good but Sheiks jab hits on frame 2.

Spaced bairs from Sheik are unpunishable by Bowser. Utilt beats most of Bowsers approach options.........flamebreath isn't good. What else do I need to say?

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Bowsers only real fear is the ftilt lock? Are you serious? You really have no understanding whatsoever of Sheik and her capabilities so i'm not going to even give your post a proper response.

Sheik's moveset outspeeds Bowsers moveset in every way imaginable. The only thing that keeps Bowser from getting ***** in this matchup is his jab and Fortress. Granted, Bowsers jab is good but Sheiks jab hits on frame 2.

Spaced bairs from Sheik are unpunishable by Bowser. Utilt beats most of Bowsers approach options.........flamebreath isn't good. What else do I need to say?
Do you know what i meant by real fear? I meant it's the one thing Bowser's must absolutely watch out for and avoid, i did not mean it was the only thing that works on Bowser. I am a little out of touch with Sheik as i mentioned in an earlier post.

I am fully aware of her speed advantage, if i wasn't i wouldn't have bothered posting now would i? Did you completely ignore all the parts where i continuously say good Bowser's know how to use their shield. What do you mean the only thing that keeps him getting ***** is jab and fortress, those are simply the top options vs Sheik, you're totally ignoring Bowser's other moves. Spaced Bair's are completely unpunishable? UTilt beats Bowser's approach options? Flame Breath isn't good? Wait a minuet, i'm supposed to be the clueless one here?

What else do you need to say? How about backing up your arguments with a nice explanation on how it all works like myself and others have done instead of insulting me by stating that you won't waste time explaining your opinions to me and trying to make yourself look all high and mighty when you completely failed to understand what i was saying. If you are really going to write off Bowser's entire ground game and make claims that Bowser has few options against offensive Sheik's then you don't know anything about this character or how he is played in the right hands. If you're not going to give my posts a proper response (or properly read them for that matter) then fine, don't, you can keep theorizing on the matchups for all i care.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Do you know what i meant by real fear? I meant it's the one thing Bowser's must absolutely watch out for and avoid, i did not mean it was the only thing that works on Bowser. I am a little out of touch with Sheik as i mentioned in an earlier post.
You can't avoid ftilt with Bowser. It's a frame 4 move with good range....you will be getting hit with it during the match.

I am fully aware of her speed advantage, if i wasn't i wouldn't have bothered posting now would i? Did you completely ignore all the parts where i continuously say good Bowser's know how to use their shield. What do you mean the only thing that keeps him getting ***** is jab and fortress, those are simply the top options vs Sheik, you're totally ignoring Bowser's other moves. Spaced Bair's are completely unpunishable? UTilt beats Bowser's approach options? Flame Breath isn't good? Wait a minuet, i'm supposed to be the clueless one here?
Good Bowsers know how to use their shield? Any player who is semi-competent will know how to use their shield. The fact that Bowser players "know how to use their shield" is already a given. Sheiks moveset is too fast for Bowser to risk using moves other than his jab and fortress.
What else do you need to say? How about backing up your arguments with a nice explanation on how it all works like myself and others have done instead of insulting me by stating that you won't waste time explaining your opinions to me and trying to make yourself look all high and mighty when you completely failed to understand what i was saying. If you are really going to write off Bowser's entire ground game and make claims that Bowser has few options against offensive Sheik's then you don't know anything about this character or how he is played in the right hands. If you're not going to give my posts a proper response (or properly read them for that matter) then fine, don't, you can keep theorizing on the matchups for all i care.
Sure Bowser has options against OFFENSIVE SHEIKS. Sheik has no need to be offensive against Bowser..........ever.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
You can't avoid ftilt with Bowser. It's a frame 4 move with good range....you will be getting hit with it during the match.
I know it's going to hit, i never claimed it wouldn't, which is why i said good Bowser's will try to keep a reasonable distance when fighting Sheik instead, otherwise they'll be at an even greater risk of being caught and combo'd by Sheik.

Good Bowsers know how to use their shield? Any player who is semi-competent will know how to use their shield. The fact that Bowser players "know how to use their shield" is already a given. Sheiks moveset is too fast for Bowser to risk using moves other than his jab and fortress.
Bowser players are much more reliant on shielding than other characters, especially considering his poor spotdodge. You'll be seeing a lot more shielding on a Bowser then let's say Lucario. Like you say, Sheik's moves are all faster than Bowser's, jab and Fortress will be more prominent; this is why i say range and space play a big part of the matchup, it's not going to be easy for Bowser to hit Sheik with his more slower attacks which is why keeping that extra distance is important because it infrequently compensates for the sluggish startup and end.

Sure Bowser has options against OFFENSIVE SHEIKS. Sheik has no need to be offensive against Bowser..........ever.
Fair enough.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ok then tell me where does Bowser supposedly have an advantage? He has to approach, his kill moves are difficult to setup and land on Sheik, Sheik has the superior moveset........the only reason I only see this as a 6-4 for Sheik is because Bowser lives forever in this matchup.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
oh brother he's saying the same thing I've been saying since the beginning.

Good job Marsulas, you are my hero.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Ok then tell me where does Bowser supposedly have an advantage? He has to approach, his kill moves are difficult to setup and land on Sheik, Sheik has the superior moveset........the only reason I only see this as a 6-4 for Sheik is because Bowser lives forever in this matchup.
Have you actually paid any attention to what I've been saying about range, space, power and the chaingrab, or do these not account for anything at all because Sheik is so fast? Bowser has to approach but this doesn't decline from his versatility as much as one might assume; his kill moves are not as difficult to land as you're making them sound, especially since he has a lot of them including the Fortress.

Though maybe i have been a touch mindless and naive on the matchup and it's ratio. Of course i still don't believe Sheik is at a 60:40 advantage all things considered.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Your own matchup thread has it listed as even. Before you come in here and make silly walls of text you might want to make sure that your fellow Bowser mains are in agreement with your assessment...........because honestly it seems like you're the only person I have ever met that thinks Bowser has an advantage.

Don't you think that maybe............just maybe other Bowser players feel it's even for a reason?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Luigi can NOT kill you with his jab > up B if you react in time. Sheik is able to shield or jab in time before Luigi can hit with the up B.

Forward smash is devastating. Especially if he tilts it up, which can kill you at around 70% I believe. Maybe even earlier.

Luigi's recovery is very predictable. They will usually side b until they either get too low or get close enough to the ledge. They will jump and down B to get a lot of hight, then up b to the stage if that wasn't enough. Sheik should be able to hit Luigi back out after his side b, but be VERY careful because a misfire kills extremely early.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, if you're not very familiar with a matchup, you're certainly not going to become any more sure about it if the thread just switches the matchup discussion whenever there's a disagreement.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking of an alternative if we ever get stuck on a matchup.
We could get, let's just say, a sheik have a set against 10 different bowsers and record the results of the winners. Then we get 9 more different sheiks to do the same thing giving us a total of 100 sets. Then we can just add up the number of wins and that can give us our ratio.
This would maybe have to take place around the world though.
This would probably take a lot of time and effort, but it could potentially give accurate results so that we are not just solely relying on theory.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Same question Vex asked, but West Coast.

Because I'm sure the Sheik mains know the better Sheik's better then someone just getting into the scene.

If there are none... I'm thinking about it.....after my experiences facing my friend Bam today with Sheik.... man was it fun.

Almost as fun as playing as Snake.

legion598

Smash Ace
luigi has some pretty gigantic priority and some projectiles and some completely absurd kill moves while your kill moves wont be able to kill him until way later I would say luigi has a pretty solid advantage on sheik. To win this match exploit luigis recovery by using shieks excellent gimping tools, another thing to watch out for is luigis Fsmash cant really be punished and he can even cover it with Dsmash if u try to roll behind him.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
One thing that isn't used too much, but you got to watch out for, is that Luigi can walk then down smash while still sliding.

If you are going to switch to Zelda for the kill, be careful because Luigi can do his jab > up B on Zelda guaranteed.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Well the one thing that I can say that annoys me the most in this match up are needles. They pretty much stop all of Weegee's ground approaches. I'm pretty sure this has been stated before, but jab -> up-b shouldn't work on Sheik. Weegee's b-air out ranges most, if not all of sheiks aerials. When Sheik uses her d-smash for the kill, she's pretty much un-punishable when weegee uses his shield. He can't power-shield it since there's two hits, and he slides too far. Imo, it's either 45:55 Weegee or 40:60 Weegee. :O

Light25

Smash Cadet
Luigis priority is just to good and he can kill you very well outstage cause of his Down B, his smashes are too good,his tilts are very dangerous.Up-b owns Sheik hard :/ i prefer Zelda vs Luigi but ok,this is a Sheik match up thread.

i Would say 60:40 Luigi:Sheik

iLight

Smash Lord
I think this match up is only 60-40 luigi. He's too slow.

The only thing's that let luigi break the jab/tilt combos early are nair/upB. The thing about nair though, is that as sheik you can avoid it in the middle of a f-tilt combo by making sure to never try to follow after luigi is knocked too far. Only go for the tilt combo's like 0-60 or so. Also the luigi nair is very easy to bait by either throwing out a tilt and then buffering a shield or to start rapid jabs and also buffer a power shield. It works pretty much every time for me.

The things that lugi does that really bother my sheik are his downB, which can be shielded easily and punished afterwards if they finish near you. Also his fireball's hit boxes are kind of disjointed and can be difficult to powershield if you don't know the timing exactly.

Otherwise luigi is decently easy to gimp using sheik's aerials, also very safe to approach against with nair. If luigi starts doing retreating bair's to nair's approach from below and nair, if he plays the ground, avoid any fireballs and nair from above. I believe sheik's nair out prioritizes luigi's ground options other than F-smash/Charged u-smash. Also if luigi doesn't approach, needles stop everything except fireballs, that includes lugi's downB.

Bottom line, luigi has some very fast early killing high priority moves, but has little range, and almost no run speed. So it comes down to how good the sheik is at baiting and how good the luigi player is at getting close.

Stages to take luigi to, any stage the sheik player is comfortable on that has bad edges such as, lylat/pokemon1. Or maybe even Jungle Japes. Also any stage that has small sides.

Stages to avoid, any stage with a low ceiling. Also it's realllllllly gay to fight luigi on yoshi's island.

Any sheik experienced in jab/tilt combo's if you just experiment a little bit, you will discover which ones you can buffer properly to land on luigi. The important thing is to never chase directly into him after a tilt after like 60% because it will be an easy nair, though again this is easy to bait.

yoshq

Smash Master
i've lost to a sheik once, other than that i don't see how sheik can be better than luigi in this. you def can't get me to 60% with those tilts, especially since if the luigi has played a sheik at all before he will stop trying to do nair. the only thing i have trouble with is the needles, because we will be feeling each other out and trying to predict each other then i'll just do my random tornado but the sheik will be ready.

but i also don't believe luigi is that easy to gimp, because if i feel my opponent out i will know he's gonna do the insert air move here, and i'll just save my recoveries until i'm sure they will be unhindered. also, idk what all this is about an unstoppable nair approach and smashes, because with that nair i'll just shield jump nair myself. with the smashes i spot dodge them easy.

one last thing, luigi's utilts work very well against sheik because she is heavy. then after i get a few of them in the sheik might attempt to air dodge and tilt me herself, but i can just keep doing them after she hits the ground and/or grab.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Light is the only sheik i have played with luigi, so i guess ill just go with what he said haha

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol. I fought dabuz's shiek and got 2 stocked <3. But hes working on his shiek which l believe will turn out great..

gonna input later i think its 6/4 or 55:45 luigi, luigi CANNOT DO JAB UPB sadly lol.. to shiek..

edit: will we include some zelda in it? or just pure shiek forever?

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
55:45 Luigi Adv.

The main thing in this fight is that Lui has a lot of priority over Sheik and frankly can kill her early because of her light weight.

Simple easy grab -->d-throw-->uptilt--->Uair or Bair combo racks up a good 30 something damage. Also Lui's quick Nair can ruin most of Sheik's air game so it forces Sheik to be a bit more cautious and strategic because both characters are close combat fighters.

Shiek can f-tilt lock Lui but I think that can be ruined with a simple Nair (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also her recovery can be gimped by Down-B, and you can easily predict the recovery pattern cause Sheik's can either side-B the wall, but u can just grab the ledge to end that recovery. As for up-B u can ledge grab and/or if they aim for the stage you can counter attack rite when she appears w/ a fsmash or w/e move Lui players decide to use.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Run away. Needles.
Spaced bair beats everything luigi has in the air.
pivot grab his approaches, they aren't hard to read.
And again... for such an aerial character you should be ****** hard with needles

I haven't played many luigi's recently but I was going even with polmex a few months back.

Needles.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any good tips for fighting Luigi on Yoshi's Island(brawl) ? I know you could jump down and wall cling for mind games or lure the person close for a quick wall jump to back air. But does anyone have any tips for this stage against luigi?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No offense to Stealth.......but I really don't think this matchup thread is useful at all. Not only do we move on to the next matchup before we're finished/decided on a ratio......we move on because of an argument. The point of matchup threads is to debate.

I honestly never got why this matchup thread was created in the first place. Ankoku's original matchup thread was just fine and we had a sort of open forum where we could discuss any matchup whenever we felt like it. I wouldn't have given a s*** if he didn't update it either because we pretty much had a good general outline for all of her matchups in that thread.

This thread was a waste of space in its creation in the first place and it's poorly run.

Top Bottom