• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheikah Survival Guide: A Sheik Match-up Thread

Judo777

Smash Master
yea ankoku if u could that would be great all ur charts on the Mk thread were really well done so i know u know what ur doin.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for adding what I can. Adding new life to this thread(re-doing it) and finishing it sounds great. :)

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
I'll be back in SoCal and around 2GG so I can try to get more info and input for us. I think we should Discuss the older what use to be 50/50 matchups and go from there.

Placing the Characters Alphabetically, not tier ranked, since tiers are subject to change.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
lol I don't think we should discuss them Alphabetically, there should be different priority for that. But I mean once all the info is set up and such, it should be placed on the MainPage/list in that order. Easier to find and that way it won't have to look outdated due to Tier changes etc.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm hoping we have at least four people here. We'll start discussion once we get four to vote on one character or at the end of the week we'll pick the majority if we don't reach four.

Kirby - 1
Olimar - 2

Judo777

Smash Master
Olimar is just one of those awkward MU's and I know 22 and Ankoku have Lcncl to get experience from and bring us info on that.

3: Oli

2: Kirby

But Olimar seems like he could be done w/ quickly and successfully with L and all.

EDIT:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273379

We'll discuss Kirby next :]
Ok Ok we can do olimar. I have actually have probably the most experience against olimar over any other character. KY is olimar country if u dont know. The number 1 guy in our state atm is olimar and there is a really good olimar in the town i live in so i get lots of experience.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
lol A lot to read through your post there Judo. Good tips. I don't know if PS2 is usually a legal CP at most tournies though. RC though definitely.

Btw Ankoku, who and when, and how are going to go about compiling all the separate threads into a new tidy little list? Or are we going to edit and re-elaborate off this thread. Stealth, will you?

After Olimar, we agree to do Kirby?
And I'd like to throw in an early vote after Kirby, for Pikachu. W/ all this ESAM hype there might be more Pika mains, and Ankoku or 22 have Anther for exp? Just saying :]

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Be patient, I'll make a new thread for the listings when we have more than one matchup to list in the first place.

Judo777

Smash Master
lol A lot to read through your post there Judo. Good tips. I don't know if PS2 is usually a legal CP at most tournies though. RC though definitely.

Btw Ankoku, who and when, and how are going to go about compiling all the separate threads into a new tidy little list? Or are we going to edit and re-elaborate off this thread. Stealth, will you?

After Olimar, we agree to do Kirby?
And I'd like to throw in an early vote after Kirby, for Pikachu. W/ all this ESAM hype there might be more Pika mains, and Ankoku or 22 have Anther for exp? Just saying :]
Yea guys sry about the length but i feel like its a decent analysis. Also understand im form the MW so our stage list is real liberal. If its any consolation PS2 is legal for MLG.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
This thread is pretty much dead. I can probably update the OP for the low tiers if people really need it.

Ankoku started another match-up discussion, but it's been a while since we moved on to the next character.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Can anyone give me some notes on how Sheik should play against Jiggs? I haven't played the match up yet, but I'm about to.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Stay grounded a lot Izaw. Just kinda run away and just needle and mix in some bairs & stuff *shrugs
8 dunno never really played the MU with anyone good with jiggs.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
mine! yeah, I said it.

most characters shouldn't be able to punish jiggs OOS at all unless the jiggs is doing something really wrong. just be paitent punish commitments try not to get hit off stage cuz you'll probablly die. jiggs gimped game is really strong.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Normally a good jiggs isn't going to be commuting to landing that close to you without the cover of spaced bair. Against sheik I land on plats or the edge to reset my jumps if I'm uncomfortable landing with shield pressure.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
My oh my, there really doesn't seem to be a lot going on in here.
Regardless, the Olimars are discussing Sheik and any input might help to shed some light on the match-up.

I keep hearing that it's either really bad for us or really bad for you, that we outcamp you and you outcamp us, etc.
Not knowing the truth of the situation is actually kind of annoying, y'know?

Top Bottom