• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Fair vs. C.Falcon's Fair

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
OKAY, so we all know and hate both of these attacks right? If not you are either insanly good at DI or you don't know what they are. Well anyways, I was thinking about this yesterday and my friend blurted out "C.Falcons knee is the most pwnage Fair ever",
and I said "What about Sheik's?" so he said "His knee would turn Sheiks' face into a black hole".

So what do you think? Whats your opinion? Would Sheiks' face turn to a blackhole?

Discuss!! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
1. inb4close

2. shieks fair is more useful, but falcons knee is a better finisher. id say shieks fair. also, i am insanely good at di.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that Captain Falcon's Knee and Luigi's Chop are the 2 best fairs in the game. Shiek's fair is good but it dosen't have the insane finishing power or the huge hitbox/tiny lag/asian flavor of the chop.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
I play both chars so i like both, but i main sheik and im ver very good at comboing into fair(s) :chuckle:

Aiko

Smash Champion
well i think CF's fair has more killing power, but at any reasonable damage, sheiks has enough power to give her a good edgeguarding oppprtunity. Also considering sheiks has less start up time, i'd say it is the better of the two.

Fletch

Smash Master
I'd say it's Falcon's knee, as Sheik's fair doesn't even seem to be her best finishing move (back air or uair on floaties). Both very good moves though, and both characters rely on them heavily, but Falcon's just seems to have a little more kick, and he depends on it more heavily than Sheik.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@wayland: you're joking right? sheik's slap has very little lag. In my opinion/experience it's much harder to evade the slap than it is the knee, but that's probably b/c there are more good sheiks than falcons. The knee obviously has more finishing power, but it's harder to land.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol, i can't really talk about which fairs are better in gameplay but i can say this:

the knee is the most devastating and manly attack of any attack ever, even more powerful than a gunshot! (and delivers better justice than guns.)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Obv. C.Falcons knee is more powerful. It does take some skill and luck I guess to do it. (Timing, spot ect.).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The Knee wins, hands down. Sheik's handslap sounds kinda painful and can do a couple mean angles, along with really little lag, but you don't get the same "OH ****" factor as you would when you pull off the Knee Knee Knee Knee combo.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
C.Falcon's fair is more powerful but I'd say it's more difficult to use for newbies than Shiek's. And I love Shiek's fair so I go for that one! :)

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Someone prolly already said this but...

Shiek's fair has easier setups and a good knock back, and Falcon's is more powerful but can be harder to set up into. Thats about all there is to it. :p

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Someone prolly already said this but...

Shiek's fair has easier setups and a good knock back, and Falcon's is more powerful but can be harder to set up into. Thats about all there is to it. :p
not IMO, for falcons knee CGrab -> Uthrow -> SHFFLed Uair -> Knee :chuckle:

IMO thats pretty simple setup

Tyson651

Smash Lord
not to mention falcon can can combo out of his own fair, whereas sheik cant as easily (if she can at all, i dont use sheik).

Tyson651

Smash Lord
actually, now that i watched some ken vs kdj,

my opinion has changed, lol

sheik's fair > falcon's fair

sigma

Smash Cadet
in my opinion the knee of justice / the knee of exploshius slash the knee of the flaming dragon no doubt turns faces into black holes... i think its better because it can semi-easily be done several times in a row and destroys just as efishiantly (SPELLING) as shieks fair..

Solid Cake

Smash Cadet
I play Falcon so I may be a little biased here by saying it is the better of the two.
It finishes way easier and I think its a better combo ender, than sheik's f-air.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
CF's fair might be more powerful

but for sheer gayness killing power abuse

shieks fair takes it

that swat has like no lag insane priority and speed

Solid Cake

Smash Cadet
CF's fair might be more powerful

but for sheer gayness killing power abuse

shieks fair takes it

that swat has like no lag insane priority and speed
I'll admit Shiek's fair is definitly better in the lag department, but I just like the feeling of landing a good knee on somebody and watching there body fly.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Biased Version: Falcon because its sweet to end combos watching them fly off landing and giving off the manliest taunt of all time "Show me your boobs"

Unbiased: Sheik has zero lag and just pimp slaps and can spam it from most tilts and throws... that wins unfortunately

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
im learning to do C.Falcons knee in Real life.... so yes the knee IS awsome, but in melee, sheiks pimp slap is just TOO BROKEN :chuckle:

Top Bottom