• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Match-Up Chart thread

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
... -_-

Mango only lost to Kage once after getting drunk, while Amsah has lost to Zgetto, Remen and Lucky, as well as dropping a game to (I believe) Pasi from Germany. Amsah exclusively mains Sheik and is the best by far. If you want to look beyond him, Captain Jack lost to Masashi a lot.
I dislike using the best players as a representative of matchups because then we can say all the Marth players lose to Armada, ergo Peach has the advantage over Marth. That's completely insane. Armada is also the best Peach by far and he's beaten the indisputably best Marth (Mew2King) several times.

As for Jack and whatever losing to Masashi, that was like... 4+ years ago? I don't know how relevant a dash attacking, FJ Nairing Fox style is in today's CC-heavy gameplay.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It most definitely wasn't 4+ years. X_X

You shouldn't use incidents as evidence per se, but if the best main of a character loses to more than one main of another character something is up. Amsah didn't lose to just one Fox and if you look beyond top level play, doesn't it get worse rather than better for Sheik?

EDIT: Also, Marth is one of Armada's best matchups as an individual and it's been re-evaluated as close to even regardless of that. Which is exactly what you see when you watch Armada vs M2K, it's not like M2K does poorly. Marth probably should win, but the top level performance of that matchup isn't far off.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Wasn't the last time CJ played at ESA2?

Oh 2008. Okay, so almost three years now (give us a few months). And he certainly wasn't the best Sheik at that point... >_>

I suppose I see what you're saying but I find player performances like that can be skewed by all sorts of nonsense. And in that same vein of thinking, Jman is the best Fox main but he's lost to M2K's Sheik and Amsah...

I dunno. It just doesn't seem like a good way to appraise a matchup for me.

EDIT: I strongly doubt that Marth Peach would have been re-evaluated at all if M2K didn't lose to Armada in it. I'm about 80% sure that the only reason it was revisited and modified to be considered close by anyone was because M2K lost.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Armada beat Marths in Europe before he ever met M2K, so we already figured it wasn't as onesided as previously believed. Short on time now, but I don't really have anything left to debate. I just think Fox is even at best for Sheik and there's enough anecdotal evidence to support it (and that's really all we have).

soap

Smash Hero
I'm probably the only sheik main that likes the matchup. I'd give sheik the advantage. I don't want to throw out numbers right now but I still want to believe it's in sheik's favor. This is all in regards to the sheik/puff matchup. :p
I like it too.

you just boost grab puff out of the air, that's the trick. Crouch and chase.

Nobody will believe me until I do it to hungrybox tho

Top Bottom