• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's needles?

draigaran

Smash Apprentice
I read that she cannot just shoot one needle anymore, and rather her needles act as Samus' neutral B. But has anyone seen any information on the nature of Sheik's needles when shot in the air? Do they still shoot at an angle?

mad_max

Smash Cadet
So wait, are you saying she can or can't charge them anymore? Because they worked just like Samus' neutral B in Melee: the longer you hold it, the more powerful it is (aka more needles there are).

draigaran

Smash Apprentice
According to the Lee Harris guy, tapping b does not cause you to throw one needle, it causes you to charge them. So yes, she can still charge them.. you just can't throw a quick one. So I guess if you want to throw a quick needle in the air or on the ground, you need to double tap b.

mad_max

Smash Cadet
Huh. Well, I guess that's alright, because throwing a quick needle wasn't THAT useful, but I would have liked it better if they had taken out a lot of the startup lag on her needles and just let her throw them as fast as she pleased, regardless of whether she could charge them.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I read that she cannot just shoot one needle anymore, and rather her needles act as Samus' neutral B. But has anyone seen any information on the nature of Sheik's needles when shot in the air? Do they still shoot at an angle?
Yes you can shoot them in an angle.
Yes they do still charge up.
I've yet to seen just one needle thrown but since everything about the needles but the hit back are they same then I would imagine it should be possible.

Karuvin

Smash Rookie
wow i don't mean to sound mean here but either sheik wasn't being controlled well or the person using her lacked skill and or Falco is just ridiculously that good.

but none the less the single needle is back and know it or not it does help when your entire strategy for fighting revolves off using a single needle. yes you can kill people with a single needle its gay cheap kill but its worth it.

mad_max

Smash Cadet
You can't really judge a person's skill very well from a fight with 8 computers who are programmed to be annoying and spam.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
unfortunately, its stayed the same...

you can throw one needle at a time:

1:05 -ish
How is that unfortunate? Whether you can throw one at a time or not, if you don't want to you can still charge it up. I guess the only difference is now can't charge then roll and still have your charge up. But who cares? They're just needles; they aren't a KO move, they're just annoying. And personally, I used one needle much more than charging. It annoyed the hell out of people and acted as a counter anytime they used projectiles. I'd stand on the opposite edge and just throw one every time they came closer or tried to throw something at me. It was actually one of my favorite moves. Since Sheik is an up close and personal fighter, that one annoying needle throw could make sure her fights stayed close-range.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Having played as Sheik myself (I don't main her though), I can say that yes, her needle B attack is now CHARGE. I suppose unless you know how to double-tap your b button well, you won't be able to throw single needles efficiently.

xio

Smash Cadet
Having played shiek in Brawl, I can say that its just an inconvenience. Its just something to get use to. I played it on Sat and had to get use to pressing b 2x to throw needles. Everything else about needles is the same. Hope this helps.

Ew, there goes half my edgeguard game...
You can still use needles as an edgeguard but most if not all characters have amazing recovery and die by either smash atts or at very high %. You literally need to go out of the map to get an off stage kill (although that is what I have been doing in melee)

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
Technically those needles are good for combo's especially to kill soemeone's up- b (aka Fox and Falco's) when they just sit there you throw one needles and they fall like nuts in a mouth.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The biggest change by far is that you can't turnaround-cancel the Needles if you have a full charge of them. Pressing neutral B at all when you have a full charge will result in you immediately firing them all, even if you didn't change directions. Consistently keeping yourself short one needle may very well work to your benefit if you use the turnaround technique or general needle fakeouts, which are still quite powerful in Brawl.

Also, land canceling the lag on Needles is out completely. You have significant landlag if you try firing needles and land on the ground right after.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Huh. Well, I guess that's alright, because throwing a quick needle wasn't THAT useful, but I would have liked it better if they had taken out a lot of the startup lag on her needles and just let her throw them as fast as she pleased, regardless of whether she could charge them.
I made it to the finals of a tournament with needles thank you very much, I was fighting a fox and he was so close combat that i had to retreat and needle the little ******* for a while before I could dthrow to fair him into oblivion!

Micahc

Smash Ace
fall like nuts in a mouth.
I had to read that like, four times to understand what he meant...

Sheiks gonna be weird to get used to, I'll probably steer clear of her the first few hours just to get a feel for the game.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yeah her needles are different now. they still go at an angle now when she throws them from the air. its weird now though, cuz you have to press b again after you pressed it the first time so you can release the needles. you just have to get used to pressing the b button twice when you want to release the needles...peace

-hiro

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I guess another solution would be to charge the needle move very slightly whenever your Sheik is free to do so (stacking 1-2 shouldn't be too difficult to be considered dangerous).

It WOULD be a problem if you need to spam them one by one as an edge-guard, but I suppose at that point that we would have to get used to the double-tap :/

Top Bottom