• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shelda 3.5 (Match up thread and/or guide)

Captive

Smash Cadet
I have been a lurker for a little while now and this is my first actual post. I am going to be posting it in both the Zelda and Sheik Boards.

I am a dedicated Shelda main. I love playing both them but that being the case I have an incredibly hard time knowing when to switch characters. That comes from my lack of match up knowledge and I am coming here to ask the experts for as much guidance as possible.

D

Deleted member

the short version is that shielda is a bad strategy. first off, its best to learn the game as one character, since you will continually be forced to address new problems with your same old toolkit. with time and dedication, you will find solutions and become a better player for it. however, the caveat here is that you should never quit learning, hence you should never switch. playing both naturally undermines this aspect of player growth. secondly, in any given matchup one character is guaranteed to be better than the other for any number of reasons. even if you play two characters (and you shouldnt) you are hurting youself if you A) go into the match as the superior character and switch to the inferior one or B) start as the inferior character and eventually switch to the better character anyway. it is better to just pick the correct character from the beginning.

i have been asking the development team to separate the two characters for some time now. hopefully it'll happen sooner or later.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
In a vacuum. In 20xx or whatever. In reality though Sheilda can work. Especially when you factor in the different options each character has at different percents and when you factor in the bait element of transform.

Transform is a tool like any other. And also zelda's recovery is superior

Top Bottom