• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shffl'ing. C-Stick vs. Control Stick

erwasd

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering whether there was a definitive answer to C-stick shffling vs. normal stick shffling (no doubt it's been discussed a lot, but I can't really find a clear answer).

Though it ultimately comes down to personal preference, I was wondering whether there is a generally agreed upon answer to whether shffling is quicker/easier with the C-stick or normal stick. Currently I seem to find normal stick easier for all but dair. I'm thinking of starting to use C-stick for dair due to the awkward fast fall. Sometimes I want to dair before I've reached the SH peak, and the double down motion can be difficult. So is C-stick better? Should I use C-stick for all? I'm thinking it might slow down my game as I have to move my right hand a lot more.

Thoughts? Thanks.

akapseudo

Smash Cadet
C sticking is faster, gives you more control, prevents you from accidently jumping during a uair and fastfalling too early on a dair

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
yea. though it does come down to preference, no one can deny cstick is easier. it allows you to move in one direction and aerial in another (think falcons fade away knee) and as aka said, uair without double jumping and dair without fastfalling. all of this is definitely possible with a+direction, but its harder, and in a few cases, cstick gives a slight bonus to mobility.

its also important to note that it may vary from character to character. falcos will have a much harder time with a then say, a marth player. i use cstick with fox/falco, but a with marth and the floaties.

KrnMint_00v

Smash Cadet
i can't really think of any advantage the stick has over the c-stick other than double arials or peach's float attacks. other than that, the c-stick is so much better imo.

erwasd

Smash Rookie
Just to be clear, is the C-Stick recommended just for shffl'd aerials, or all aerials?
Thanks.

Falcology

Smash Apprentice
I prefer using the c-stick for all d-airs. However... i feel that using the 'a' button seems to kick in when ur rushing him.

For example, if u shffl a d-air with the c stick, shine, and cancel, i would b-air with the 'a' button, rather than using the c-stick. seems faster for me.

Overall, i combine the two. c-sticking d-airs makes it much easier to lcancel. Fast falls are more controlled as well.

Top Bottom