• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek questions: Vanish technique? And other things?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I am new to this board, so hi. I'm wondering if the Captain Jack vanish technique that existed in melee has not been removed from brawl. Can someone clarify this? And also, how do you pivot/pivot grab with shiek; can you dash dance? For those who do not know what the vanish technique is (correct me if I'm wrong) when shiek is constantly grabbing onto the edge of the stage through her teleport without moving off the side of the stage. It looks like she is just twisting over and over with gas coming out her ***.

One more pesky question: Why is marth so **** good? What is the point of pretty much downgrading all characters from the melee transition but making marth extremely powerful? Time to pull out the mind games...

Micahc

Smash Ace
I wasn't aware Captain Jack had a vanishing technique...Are you talking about the Shino stall?
I think he's talking about the Up-B edgehog, where you run off and up-b back to hog the ledge. Also called "Super Ultra Ninja Cookies" to us Mewtwo mains out there.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
That's the shino-stall. The technique Micahc is talking about sounds like gliding where you dash off a ledge but hit vanish right as you leave the ledge causing two explosions. Gliding is mostly for showing off (I do it all the time >_>) because any other technique is usually more useful.

Drephen

Smash Master
Lol, I almost took that seriously...
lol it is serious

sorry its just a pet peeve of mine

i saw azen doing the "shino stall" way before shino ever did

i mean it just got that name because when bombsolider(overrated) was being hyped up like crazy people saw the vid vs shino. so people were like "OMG THIS GUY BEAT BOMBSOLDIER"

seriously you guys ever watch anything of shino's besides that one vid of him versus bombsolider? I know i havent

Cant we just call it the "vanish stall?" or "up b stall?"

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Shino stall is alliteration, making it sound much softer to the ear than the alternatives, also, it's tradition now.

ADHD

Smash Hero
When you see shiek's behind twisting up and down and an explosion of gas coming from down there.... you will know what the shino stall is. Not to be impatient, but is it that hard to do? I've never used it in melee, jw if I could learn it in brawl. Can anyone confirm this?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
After playing sheik tonight I found out that... she's not worth using when lucas is right there. Seriously all you people that haven't played brawl, don't waste your time asking about "is this still in? is that still in?" because it won't matter. You may think you want to play sheik now and maybe you will, but until you've actualy played the game don't worry about things like the "vanish-stall". (are we happy now, drephen?)

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Sheik will probably just need to adopt a different style than Melee. Her uair, f tilt and smashes are still potent.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Have you played brawl? Almost all of her approaches are non-existent and the only consistant way to KO is canceling your dash into a U-smash.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've played Brawl, and I've KO'd with fsmash, bair, fair, nair, Vanish, and dsmash so far, in order of most common to least.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Bleh, I just made cranky posts yesterday. I'm tired of people rushing the developement of the game but that's not my choice to make. ANYWAY, ankoku is right you can kill with a lot of sheiks moves still so don't let me, or anyone else tell you other wise. I never really killed with just one attack consistently so I think sheik is still a fine choice at this point. I was just posting when I was mad last night so I appologize for that.

To answer the question about the shino-stall: At this point I would say it's not in and if it is, it's not worth using. You have less invincibility frames when you grab the ledge and the point of the shino-stall is to abuse the invincibility frames from the ledge and vanish. However I couldn't pull it off because sheik would always grab the ledge right away.

Another thing about sheik: she still has a good amount of approaches. The new pivot grab can be used on people who like to sheild camp and make you come to them, which seems popular at this point. Just run past them and pivot grab. You can do a similar thing with a running u-smash, run behind them and u-charge a u-smash. If they try to sheild grab, they eat a u-smash. Don't use it too much though or people will catch on. I still think dashing u-smashes are the best way to kill but anything mentioned by ankoku works. Sorry again for the *****y posts.

Micahc

Smash Ace
lol it is serious

sorry its just a pet peeve of mine

i saw azen doing the "shino stall" way before shino ever did

i mean it just got that name because when bombsolider(overrated) was being hyped up like crazy people saw the vid vs shino. so people were like "OMG THIS GUY BEAT BOMBSOLDIER"

seriously you guys ever watch anything of shino's besides that one vid of him versus bombsolider? I know i havent

Cant we just call it the "vanish stall?" or "up b stall?"
But Shino stall sounds so pretty... and I've never actually seen that vid verse Bombsoldier :p I just thought Shino was the one that abused it the most, so people accredited to him. Can I call it the Isai stall? I've seen him use it too.

Is junk like the Needle edge stall still in? It was one of the most worthless stalls, but it was good for mixing it up a little...

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Needling stalling was useful if you did it fast enough or if you mixed it with the shino stall. As of right now stalling a match on the edge only seems useful vs a landmaster. The game doesn't seem to want to allow you to let go of the ledge before the invincibilty frames wear off. That or I'm just doing it wrong. >_>

ADHD

Smash Hero
But you guys since the vanish can KO, imagine the possibilities of doing it on the shino stall!

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Anyone know what has more knockback--uair or vanish? (For the purpose of a vanish KO instead of up air, in case it does do more knockback!)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Vanish has greater knockback, but seeing as how you're stuck holding onto the ledge for a period of time, any kind of ledgestalling is pretty much impossible.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Alright that cleared it up....

So then, I guess shiek really is downgraded.... I mean snake's got the morter slide, and fox has the shine stall, what does shiek have? Shiek is not shiek anymore! Shiek is just a remnant of the past.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
So... get over it? Most characters are different from their melee counterparts (except for marth...) so you shouldn't be suprised by the fact that most of the old tricks are out.

@Ankoku: What's your avatar from?

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
That's the shino-stall. The technique Micahc is talking about sounds like gliding where you dash off a ledge but hit vanish right as you leave the ledge causing two explosions. Gliding is mostly for showing off (I do it all the time >_>) because any other technique is usually more useful.
Ive gotten ledge Spikes using the glide vanish against Samus' trying to sweet spot their tether recovery in melee. Doesnt matter now since its a diff game, but jsut thought id throw that out there

Top Bottom