• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek vs Marth general tips?

Javea1

Smash Rookie
I've got to finish a school SSBM tournament tomorrow (I made finals today) and I'm going to be playing a Marth as Shiek.

He's a friend of mine that I beat 4/5 games, but I don't want to risk anything, and I could use all of the help I could get. He essentially likes to use his b-down counter attack a lot, and I try to bait him into using it so I can combo from there.

So basically, any quick general tips for Shiek vs Marth such as what stages to counter-pick etc etc?

Thanks.

-Jav

darkchrono_09

Smash Cadet
Yep what he said, but adding on.. DO sometimes replace dash attack with a JC Grab and go on from that when marth is on high percents.. Dthrow - tilt - fair is always nice. Utilize your Needles as Neighborhood said, but not only for his recovery but whilst in stage fighting marth, needle him and make him approach, and go on from there.

For counterhappy marths I recommend mindgames (ie. When you got him in the the air and you he knows that you are going to fair him while he is in his tumbling animation.. just do a empty jump and watch him counter, from this you can do another fair or land and get a tilt - fair.)Needles and JC Grabs are your friends in this matchup.

Also refer to this thread
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=128241

Aesir

Smash Master
Just bait the fsmash. Marths love to throw out this move, I should know. <_<;

I'm guess his experience in the match up isn't that great so bait fsmashes and foward tilt.

Unless he's really good vs sheik you shouldn't need to worry.

if he's countering then I don't know why you're asking for tips, any marth that abuses that move is asking to be punished LOL.

Good stages I think would be FD, DL, BF maybe, and FoD. avoid yoshi story unless you can avoid his sword.

Top Bottom