• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shigeru Miyamoto...Most ingluential person!!

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Cast your vote!!

Time has added everyone's favorite guy to their list of most influential people. Simple as that. Everyone who sees this go out there and cast your vote using the link above!!! All you have to do is move the cursor to 100 and press submit to cast your vote!! COme show your support!

F8X

Smash Ace
Who is the most inGluential person?

I am defiantly voting for Miamoto for most ingluential person of the year. Epically when some of these ingluential have helped stop the spread of diseases and helped spread education to other countries.

/sarcasm

Did anyone read that list, its kinda scary when mankind's most influential person (as of now) could be Paris Hilton.

Also Bill Gates never really gets the credit he deserves. I mean... the man has the wealth to possibly end AIDS in Africa.

edit:;)

Edit#2: It looks like the Canadians have also found his article are propelling Crosby up to the top. The list is pretty much fanboys(?) of Colbert, video games, and Harry Potter.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Okay, well...I understand that the other people on the list have done far more beneficial thigns to society than create a few games that began the whole gaming age almost. However, they are not at the top of the list sadly. I would never have voted for Shigeru if say, Barrack Obama was in the top or anyone else as important as he. However, I refuse to let Stephen Colbert get a way with being that influential. I mean, he does like a few things while Miyamoto has changed the industry many times. In addition, the title is most influential. Not most life saving. Sadly, the science side of influence has waned greatly since everything that anyone does in the field of medecine now is simply build on old already existing ideas. Therefore, even if they did find a medicine that can save lives, they haven't influenced anything because they have not made anyone realize anything new. They have simply built upon someone else's work. Where as, without trying to sound impractical and like a fan boy, Miyamoto has changed the world of video games too many times to count. So yeah, sarcasm aside, I'm definitely serious about this post. Haha, oh...and sorry about the typo in the title...I was really excited.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
The top two spots (and Crosby, I guess) are the only ones I actually have a great deal of respect for, from that list. The spots are well-deserved, I say.
Just because someone is 'influential' doesn't mean I have to like them.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Very true. Hitler was pretty damn influential, but that doesn't mean you have to like him or anything about him.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sorry, I voted for someone who did something actually important. By voting for Miyamoto you can vote for any of the entertainment people and that's not what it's about.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I hope they do a "100 people who most improved the world" issue.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Miyamoto has changed the world of video games too many times to count.
If you can't count up to about 3 there is a problem.

I didn't vote because I didn't quite know what they wanted. Roger Federer is pretty influential on the tennis courts (not on clay ones, that's Nadal territory), David Beckham is pretty influential in the way he transcended the game and has the media over him like a bad rash, Thierry Henry is pretty influential in that he can turn a football match in a matter of moments, Barack Obama is influential in that he can persuade people to vote for him while Osama Bin Laden (pros and cons seem a little confused for him) is pretty influential in that he can get people to die for him.

In truth, it's a poor list. I half expected to see Tucker Max on there.

I'm not sure I'm very happy about this:
The Time said:
"[On Freshlyground] CON: Hugely popular in South Africa and gaining momentum in Europe, the group has still yet to find a large audience in the U.S."
Because the U.S.A is all that matters.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
Miyamoto is currently second. . .only to the legendary STEPHEN COLBERT!!!!!

edit: Paris Hilton is at 203 currently :laugh:

edit2: And our future Black (African black) President Obama holds 16th

Top Bottom