• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine Gets Invicibility -Vid to prove-

Thanks to "saviorslegacy" for getting this replay of mine uploaded to youtube. I owe you man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u60TwxKQL4k

^So by not taking knockback from Bair it would appear he has super armor during the attack, but if you notice the damage gauge he does not take any damage. However, you can clearly see the Bair hit something because it cause the a little flash when it makes contact with Falco's body. So this is something between invicibility or super armor.

I do want to point out something that apprently is hard to see in the vid. I ended up throwing a grenade upwards just before landing on the stage and jumping to Bair. So the shine ended up reflecting the grenade just before I hit Falco with Bair. So I am not sure if that has anything to do with what happened. Just thought to point it out.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hopefully, we can learn to exploit this in some way, but it still seems impractical.

Man I hate the mechanics of this game. Great find though.

I know what you mean by impractical. I struggled for an hour in training mode to see if I could duplicate this, but I didnt' get any luck.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Stupid Internet channel won't let me watch videos.

Edit: I tested this by throwing deku nuts in the air and reflecting on them right before they hit the ground. You have to have just reflected something in order to obtain the super armor.

Because I first tested w/ bomb-ombs and I kept getting hit since you can't reflect bomb-ombs. (At least not with Falco) :sonic:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Looks like squirtles sideB..

Frame of impact

So, it's on the frame where the shine is FULLY out, and it hit the head.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I would say that the Shine just reflected Snake's Bair if he turned to the opposite direction because it even took damage off Falco. Probably another kind of Super Armor? Something strange, but nice =D

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

shanus

Smash Hero
Falco's PSA data shows no special defensive collisions aside from reflect.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
Phantom hit?

Though that would necessitate either the hitbox of snake's bair being actually inside his feet, or else falco's hurtbox starting pretty much behind him during shine.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Hehe this thread has made me smile.
Nice find =D

Too bad I don't ever play SSBB anymore. I visit here every month or so.

Dilly04

Smash Cadet
Is it possible that shine can actually work like olimar's down b? The timing of both seem really similar to one another..

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I dont know if this follows what your talking about but way back in the day I canceled links final smash with shine I dont know if people know about this I couldnt find anything like it anywere. Plz tell me if this doesnt follow the same lines of this discussion.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Iunno how relevant Final Smashes are though since competitive matches don't use them, and their mechanics in terms of how they operate well... hmm.

Dunno if it applies.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I doubt this makes any sense at all, but I just woke up johns.

What if, when you shine, you make it so that when your doing a jump shine (falling?) that you land grabbing the edge after the animation is over, which you get Super Armor from holding, it reads it as already grabbing the ledge.

It might just be on that one stage, but I can try it whenever I get my Wii back, I doubt it makes sense at all to other though. lmao.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
A small time earlier this year I was presented with the idea that Snake['s head] could possibly be a projectile. If that were the case then this video wouldn't prove anything about whether Falco's shine has invincibility or not.

Just saying.

edit: And to back up that case, look closely at the video. As the reflector hits snake it flashes, which is what happens when it collides with a projectile. Come to think of it, that may happen when it hits anything. *shrugs*

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I have evidence to suggest invincibility.

I can somewhat consistently reflect projectiles that are behind Falco. They must be traveling fast, though.

Top Bottom