• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine to JC Grab

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I've been working on implementing this into my Falco lately, and I was wondering what people thought of it. I know it's not something you'd want to do every time you shine, but the technique still has some merit against shielding opponents, non?

Do any of the more well-knowns Falcos/Foxes use this? I can't recall seeing it in any matches off the top of my head.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
umm i dont get it constantly, but it would be fun making them think your gonna keep on pillaring.
I'm getting it about 80% practicing, haven't been using it too much in matches yet. I also occasionally shine-turn around-jc grab, which can be pretty annoying unless you purposely jumped over your opponent with a shffl'd whatever.

Volrec, they're not supposed to grab too much, but getting one now and then will at least keep your opponent on their toes.

saberhof

Smash Master
yeah, it confuses the game a bit, they will back off for shure, when i used to practice it alot on my friends, i would be pillaring them alot, but then they would be like "oh here he comes with the pillar" and boom i grabbed him and he just got nervous and didnt know how to come back and i won.

maybe ill start practicing it again...

Adi

Smash Lord
I do this against falcos/foxes/samus' because if I just pillar they can screw attack/shine to disrupt it.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Husband taught me that this was an effective solution to getting grabbed or attacked out of shield after a shine, because it requires that they have near perfect reflexes to beat you. Falco's grab is overall weak but the mixup is a fantastic mindgame.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
eh, it's nice to mix it in, but don't overuse it... in falco ditto's it can be nice because low percentage back throws tend to screw over the other falco

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You're an idiot you know that?

I just said I just use alot of grabs. Stop being stupid and misinterpreting things and spreading bull****.

And just because I am good locally doesn't mean I'm good on a national/worldwide scale so please shut up -_-
Someone needs to chill the **** out.

I think it is something worth investing time in, but not too much time. Y'know?

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
im sure hes just being an *** cuz theyre friends.

either way i think its better than pillaring cuz you can get grabbed out of a pillar even when done right. grabbing puts you in an advantageous position either way so do it.

Kaede - KeyWei

Smash Cadet
Your friend might be trying to help or mess you up. I don't often tell people what I do or they catch onto my rhythm. Unless you completely trust him to take advise. Who knows.
Kaede-KeyWei

Top Bottom