• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine Turning Grab Glitch

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
While in your shine and turning and getting grabbed you can "SDI" (not sure what it is yet) but anywayz you may possibly get grabbed backwards. Which means that you will grab break backwards.

I see no use for this as of yet, but I have seen ZSS and pits grab not grab (fox) while turning so there may be something to this. Works with both Fox and Wolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2wIIpDB68&fmt=18

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if that's been found already, and I don't see where that could be useful in anyway. I'd rather grab break while facing the normal direction so I can at least Jab. In reverse, you can't even do anything to counter.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
...What were the developers on when they made this game?

Is the animation the same as when you regular ground break?

A vid would definitely be helpful.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
how do u slide and still shine...is that like already in the shine and wolf turns around..or does he slide pivot shine?

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
OOOO that should not b hard...just hold the reflector and turn around without releasing the shine...but the grab out of shine...that i dont kno

TheWolfBackRoom

Smash Rookie
lol funny find. I dont really see a practical use though because u have to plan to get grabbed lol

-castor

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Anything can be used, unless it turns you back around when they throw you, does that happen or can you stay facing backwards? It could potentially set up bairs.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Anything can be used, unless it turns you back around when they throw you, does that happen or can you stay facing backwards? It could potentially set up bairs.
He's right, it could set up bair and we all know how much we love bair. <_< Its really pointless, for a few reasons. 1, your opponent isn't likel to grab you if you bring up the reflector, 2,if they do grab you expect to be thrown so it won't matter, 3, you probably won't even get those bairs in. I could come up with more but I'm using my wii for internet and typing is slow. Suffice to say, I don't think this is anything special. Cool though.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Kinda figured... I also asked that question in reference to if you're thrown, if they throw you and it keeps you facing away, then they might try a tech chase and you can bair them in the face. Only theoretical, probably useless as you say.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
its kind of cool..but wats the value of it?? that u can possibly break behind them....who is to say that ur oppponent wont release u but do a throw

Blazer

Smash Ace
XD someone see if this works when Snake grabs you.It'd look very... Odd if it does.

Edit: V_V it doesn't work...

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
it would just like getting grab regularly...the only difference is that your backwards and u can break behind them

but wat to do....wat would u normally do if u got grab is the question??

Vorguen

Smash Champion
It doesn't really have any uses I can imagine except one in a million chance of confusing the other person long enough to do something.

Either way you'll likely be thrown before you release anyway.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
Exactly...so this is pointless but still good to kno if u want to mess with ur opponent

Top Bottom