• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shining Force II Mafia || Game Over! Who lived happily ever after?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
My role name? No like my role title/skill/whatever doesn't directly have to do with being neighbors. It's just tacked on under the "special abilities" part of the role pm as a secondary thing I think (If I understand your question right)
Kind of annoyed at this, but W/E, role not saying neighbor isn't important now. *Still reading*

Swiss

Smash Lord
Thread back to full ******...

VB can still be alive if he targetted NL or Kuz.

July is not a lynch to consider.

Why is DH townleaning on Dietz flip, I had the reverse. Especially after NL flipped town.

Gord has posted the dumbest **** known to man.

RR Im not sold either way on.

People need to consider not just if the double scum neighbour gambit is possible, which it is (personally a huge fan of this gambit), but if it is probable. Neither Rockin nor Dietz would initiate this - so who suggested it? Even less likely if there's only a scum team of two. For the time being we're discounting this gambit as likely.

NL was vigged, Kuz mafia killed, there is no SK but an indie is still possible. Kuz kill intrigues me. Don't take this last part as gospel just yet, need to think.

July you said RR is townleaning now, why exactly?

Spent ages rereading NL for no reason....

:phone:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I disagree about Rockin. They never said if they started out neighbors or if one person neighbored the other, but it was inferred that they started out neighbors because their characters were apparently lovers in the game or somehow connected in the game (not familiar with the flavor). Dietz's flip had nothing to do with him being a neighbor and I think it's still possible it could be a scum gambit.
For some reason, I thought Jdietz answered that.

We did started off as Neighbors on N0. I also want to say that the neighbor role was treated more as a 'special ability' then a role. It mentioned that we were neighbors and that was that.

Rockin, would you mind spilling the contents of the QT you had with Jay? Anything he said could be important right now.
Everything that Dietz said was all we said (I made a post in the QT where I was dissipointed on him posting that shiz and that I told him my nameclaim, which was Janet). I felt it's useless to use the QT at that pointsince he'd most likely talk to ya about everything we talk about, so I stopped using it.

Here's what I got from the top of my head. Off of the Dietz flip, I'm really disliking Rockin, July, and Dark Horse in that order. Rockin had very little to say as far as pushing Dietz either against or for his lynch. I remember him saying that based off of their in QT interaction he said he thought he was pretty townie, but that's about it... There's something that he did, specifically, that made me think he looked pre' bad from a scumDietz flip that I'll have to find later on in life. Plus, it seems really... awkward... the way that he moved to the Dietz wagon. Sure, it's all good that he wanted the information, but his insistence and reiteration that he's looking for town's best interest and that Dietz will give much information was... really weird. And I don't think he gave an opinion as far as his alignment once after the change in lynch desire. He just... went with it.
I didn't like talking about the Dietz topic cause it was a sensitive subject for me. As mentioned before, I disliked getting lynched for retarted reasons (and that has been happening as of late). I never liked his n00bplay and it bothered me, but I couldn't say anything about it at the time. Then later on in the game, I had this '**** it' attitude and decided to go with the lynch.

And no, I never gave much of an opinion on his alignment. I was soley going for the best of town. This also happened to me in Final Fantasy Mafia (redux I think). There was a night time conflict involving Macman (mason recruiter I believe) and when he tried to recruit me, he died (but not his other recruiter). There was something else that happened that I can't remember, but people wasn't sure if I was a mafia scum or town, so they felt I should be lynched so as to wonder wtf happened. As much as I disliked it, I went along with it....it was for the best...=/

So Dietz essentially lying about being neighbors with Rockin, and Rockin CONFIRMING that in thread (unless the mod's screwing with us, which is doubtful) isn't incriminating?

@Above Ruy post idk a Night of thinking things through? Lemme check.
Nah, Neighbor was real. It's just treated more as an ability then a role

Because Rockin is experienced and knows that neighbors turning out to be secret lovers doesn't happen or hasn't happened (yet). Dietz may have had a wrong idea about the game/possible mechanics but I didn't think it was scummy, nor did I think he was more believable than Rockin. On the contrary, Rockin was more believable because obviously I've never seen neighbors flip secret lovers either, but Dietz concern about it seemed more genuine whereas Rockin saying he'd be willing to die with Dietz if he was wrong seems a little disingenuous, he clearly thought that they weren't secret lovers and thus his willingness to die if they were seems like false bravado in the face of a fake chance of death.
Actually, it could happen. I have yet to be in a game that happened. A long time ago, I was in a 'mason' with JF (town) and I was Mafia roleblocker. In that game, we were hidden lovers and it was never mentioned (but he has a vanilla role, and I had a mafia pr). The main thing was that made us lovers was that he was a male character, and I was a female character.

As far as 'bravado,' I was really roling with the 'worst case scenario' of things: if we were actual lovers, town would still get the information, only that I would die along with him and we'd possibly lose 2 townies.

July

Smash Apprentice
Thread back to full ******...

VB can still be alive if he targetted NL or Kuz.

July is not a lynch to consider.

Why is DH townleaning on Dietz flip, I had the reverse. Especially after NL flipped town.

Gord has posted the dumbest **** known to man.

RR Im not sold either way on.

People need to consider not just if the double scum neighbour gambit is possible, which it is (personally a huge fan of this gambit), but if it is probable. Neither Rockin nor Dietz would initiate this - so who suggested it? Even less likely if there's only a scum team of two. For the time being we're discounting this gambit as likely.

NL was vigged, Kuz mafia killed, there is no SK but an indie is still possible. Kuz kill intrigues me. Don't take this last part as gospel just yet, need to think.

July you said RR is townleaning now, why exactly?

Spent ages rereading NL for no reason....

Bolded was because I found his reasons for suspecting JDietz to be decent and I liked his suspicions of Bleck. I forgot that he was the one who hammered however.

Not a townlean on RR, I'm just not sold on RR/JDietz scum team. But RR himself is soo scummy, and telling us not to worry about Rockin and the possibility that being neighbors could be a scum gambit I don't like.

Honestly my first post of the Day just attests to how shot my reads are and how desperately I should.

But it's Spring Break ;-; just following Swiss and Ryker would be a lot easier...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
But, who cares about Rockin's neighbor claim? It's not the kind of WIFOM you want to look into. He could be, he couldn't be. It doesn't particularly matter to me at the moment because there are bigger fish to fry.

Vote RR

July

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, I thought Jdietz answered that.

We did started off as Neighbors on N0. I also want to say that the neighbor role was treated more as a 'special ability' then a role. It mentioned that we were neighbors and that was that.
He mentioned the special ability part, but I did want to make sure what you said about it and what he said matched up.

Actually, it could happen. I have yet to be in a game that happened. A long time ago, I was in a 'mason' with JF (town) and I was Mafia roleblocker. In that game, we were hidden lovers and it was never mentioned (but he has a vanilla role, and I had a mafia pr). The main thing was that made us lovers was that he was a male character, and I was a female character.

As far as 'bravado,' I was really roling with the 'worst case scenario' of things: if we were actual lovers, town would still get the information, only that I would die along with him and we'd possibly lose 2 townies.
Interesting, I didn't even know it was possible.

I remember you saying that the JDietz lynch would be good for information but I don't remember your stance, or if you had a stance, on RR. What do you think of RR and the possibility of JDietz/RR scum team?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Perfectly fine with a dead DH.

What's your take on Dabuz. Going to be honest and say I didn't read his large post.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
With 10 Alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Voting (1):
Red Ryu (3): Ryker, Swiss, felipe_9595
July (1): Red Ryu

Not Voting (9):
Bleck Mang
dabuz
July
Rockin
Dark Horse
Orboknown

Swiss

Smash Lord
Here's what I got from the top of my head. Off of the Dietz flip, I'm really disliking Rockin, July, and Dark Horse in that order. Rockin had very little to say as far as pushing Dietz either against or for his lynch. I remember him saying that based off of their in QT interaction he said he thought he was pretty townie, but that's about it... There's something that he did, specifically, that made me think he looked pre' bad from a scumDietz flip that I'll have to find later on in life. Plus, it seems really... awkward... the way that he moved to the Dietz wagon. Sure, it's all good that he wanted the information, but his insistence and reiteration that he's looking for town's best interest and that Dietz will give much information was... really weird. And I don't think he gave an opinion as far as his alignment once after the change in lynch desire. He just... went with it.
All of this is unfounded unless evidenced.

Swiss

Smash Lord
There is nothing to suggest I am Deitz' scum mate, even more so after my bath and forth's with him.

Therefore You and Ryker are only pushing me for a claim, that or your both dumb.
Yet there is evidence to suggest you are scum, as given by several players.

Also, it is perhaps best to not suggest sexual advances between yourself and Dietz whilst simultaneously calling myself and Ryker dumb. It does make you look somewhat obtuse.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yet there is evidence to suggest you are scum, as given by several players.
Again asking for connections here between me an Deitz.

Also, it is perhaps best to not suggest sexual advances between yourself and Dietz whilst simultaneously calling myself and Ryker dumb. It does make you look somewhat obtuse.

~Bleck Mang~

Smash Rookie
Yea after thinking about it + reading what's been said I'm probz diving into too much WIFOM regarding the whole neighbor fiasco. I'm gonna check out Rockin fuh sho upon a reread, but yea I'm getting like paranoid with the non neighbor flip crap.

Swiss said:
Which posts?
Dunno watchu mean here... If you're talking about @bolded I mean that there really isn't MUCH that I can say wrt to him being connected to Dietz aside from the fact that I feel that his first post in the game:

Dark Horse said:
Also, Nl, why were you asking Dietz why he hadn't voted yet, when really the only things so far have been RVS votes and you vs Ditz?
He comes out of thin air to question NL's intentions wrt his interrogating Dietz. I mean I thought it was obvious that NL was try'na get an early feel for Dietz, being that he's a noob and all... And it's not like NL was bullying or trying to make Dietz out to be scum. The defense of Dietz literally came out of nowhere and it's gross as hell. That, and the fact that DH's play was deplorable, makes me get a pre' good scum feel on em.

Actually yea, Vote: Dark Horse. J I'll move it if we feel it's necessary but him, RR, or July is really what I'm feeling would be best out of toDay.

~Bleck Mang~

Smash Rookie
There is nothing to suggest I am Deitz' scum mate, even more so after my bath and forth's with him.

Therefore You and Ryker are only pushing me for a claim, that or your both dumb.
What the fuhh? You do realize that people have been talking about how massively scummy you've been all game... right? You DO realize that this kinda looks like you're try'na exclude the possibility of you being indy... right? Cuz tbh I can very well see you as either connected to Dietz as scummates or not connected to him and still scum as hell... Swiss and Ryker aren't the only ones that think this, it's pretty much the whole game yo.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What the fuhh? You do realize that people have been talking about how massively scummy you've been all game... right? You DO realize that this kinda looks like you're try'na exclude the possibility of you being indy... right? Cuz tbh I can very well see you as either connected to Dietz as scummates or not connected to him and still scum as hell... Swiss and Ryker aren't the only ones that think this, it's pretty much the whole game yo.
Doesn't matter.

If the connections don't fit don't force them like putting a jiggsaw piece where it doesn't belong.

Indy is more viable.

Top Bottom