• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHINRYUKEN !!!!!1!!!1!11!111one!1!

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
Ok, this is going to be short 'n' sweet:

Since pheonix mario now has the true Shoryuken with flames all the way up like ken does, should we rename luigi's shoryuken to shinryuken? Shinryuken, as some of you know, is Ken's ultra in SFIV and only really works if they are close to you. Sounds like a plan to me?!

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Ryu's trademark special move is the Hadouken even though Ken can do it too. Ken's trademark special is the Shoruken, even though Ryu can do it too. Ryu's hadouken is better than Ken's, and Ken's shoruken is better than Ryu's.

Similarly, Mario's fireball is better than Luigi's, and Luigi's super jump punch is better than Mario's. So it's as if Mario = Ryu, Luigi = Ken... meaning that Shoryuken aptly fits Luigi's trademark special move.

*takes off his nerd glasses and jumps into the pool*

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
I was joking, and I knew all that already lololol

pheonix mario's upB just looks like ken's shoryuken lol.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Ryu's trademark special move is the Hadouken even though Ken can do it too. Ken's trademark special is the Shoruken, even though Ryu can do it too. Ryu's hadouken is better than Ken's, and Ken's shoruken is better than Ryu's.

Similarly, Mario's fireball is better than Luigi's, and Luigi's super jump punch is better than Mario's. So it's as if Mario = Ryu, Luigi = Ken... meaning that Shoryuken aptly fits Luigi's trademark special move.

*takes off his nerd glasses and jumps into the pool*
I think if we're relating Street Fighters to Smashers, Luigi is Dan, for being socially awkward.

... and for wearing pink.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Did they make Luigi spin while doing it too? If so please link to a video of it.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I've always said, since Mario & Luigi: SS, that Luigi's Cyclone should have electric properties... same damage except that the first 5 hits have an electric element and a slight magnetic pull. It'd work almost exactly the same way but look different and with the same pull power as Ness' Magnet Pull.

Luigi has Thunderhand, dang it! His nickname is Green Thunder! And his emblem (in Mario Strikers) is a lightning bolt for goodness' sake!

Classicrf

Smash Rookie
I know everyone hates Mario's moveset, but I know some peeps who can **** with that cape. Its a dam good counter to Wigi's cannon. Plus his fsmash is a pain in the behind.

Riickable

Smash Cadet
I've always said, since Mario & Luigi: SS, that Luigi's Cyclone should have electric properties... same damage except that the first 5 hits have an electric element and a slight magnetic pull. It'd work almost exactly the same way but look different and with the same pull power as Ness' Magnet Pull.

Luigi has Thunderhand, dang it! His nickname is Green Thunder! And his emblem (in Mario Strikers) is a lightning bolt for goodness' sake!
His fireball should have at least had a green fire effect, if not lightning.

Top Bottom