• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny Hunting

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Pokerus is rarer than shiny Pokemon, so congrats. I've never caught one with Pokerus.

yani

Smash Lord
I was at a party tonight and I get a text from my brother "just got a shiny tentacool". Lucky :mad:

:phone:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I dunno. I've had better luck with Pokerus than the shiny Pokemon. I've had a real lucky start with the first wild I fought in Platinum and gotten the Pokerus from beating a level 3 Starly.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I once got a shiny Chikorita in gold version without using any tricks. Can't believe I deleted that file.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I once got a shiny Chikorita in gold version without using any tricks. Can't believe I deleted that file.
Wow.... I have to say that was a dumb idea :troll:. For the past few days I've been doing nothing but grinding my scizor in crystal so maybe I'll find a shiny.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Wow.... I have to say that was a dumb idea :troll:. For the past few days I've been doing nothing but grinding my scizor in crystal so maybe I'll find a shiny.
I was like 12 when I got it. I used to imagine selling to a nerd for an unrealistically large sum of money.

If I got a shiny starter nowadays I'd be like 'YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE!' and never let anyone touch that game catridge ever. Ever.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Tomorrow will be a year since I've found my first random encounter shiny...a Tympole. Since then, I've gotten a Cofagrigus, Giratina, and an Audino.

Bing

Smash Master
My first ever Shiny encounter was a Golbat in Mt.Silver before facing Red(great timing)

Since then I've got a Zubat, Teddiursa, Staryu, Mewtwo, Eevee and Magikarp(boss)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
my first shiny was a pidget pre-pokedex in Crystal version.

my first pokerus was within the first month of owning Silver.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i didn't like gen3 enough to play it long enough to get anything cool.

spammed the crap out of gen3 netbattle, though. mad fun.

yani

Smash Lord
Still no luck with acquiring a shiny. I did however catch a Pokemon with Pokerus :3 Gothirtta or whatever her name is (the second evolution)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So like, anyone here actually do the what I guess you would call crazy stuff.
You know, trying to find a shiny by running around endlessly, hatching eggs endlessly, and soft resetting endlessly.

I do that kind of often and have gotten 6 shinies since release of BW.

yani

Smash Lord
I usually just roam the grass in hopes of finding a shiny. I've done some soft resets in FR, but no luck with a shiny starter. Probably going to start my Gold over and try my luck

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
You know, trying to find a shiny by running around endlessly, hatching eggs endlessly, and soft resetting endlessly.

The whole reason I created this thread is for people like us to talk about our hunts and whatnot. Thread is pretty much just people talking about random shiny stories though.

You hunting anything atm?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
First shiny I found randomly was golbat. Traded it to a friend for his shiny eevee. The eevee looked so cool but since umbreon is my favorite pokemon I worked super ****ing hard to get that awesome blue ringed umbreon, EV trained it, got it to level 70+ legit before rare candying it. I lost that cartridge. One day I will (hopefully) find it and cherish having tangible proof that I had caught them all(except shaymin). All until they added another damn generation. I used to breed, trade and shiny hunt, then I lost my pearl and I said **** it.

Anyways, sorry for unloading my story on you...I haven't gotten my kanto starter in HG yet. I think i'm gunna go for a shiny for the hell of it.

me9595

Smash Apprentice
I have played through every pokemon game since red and blue came out, except for soul silver and white, but i have only found one shiny and never found pokerus. The shiny was a nidarina from crystal and i found it next to fuschia city, since i was like 10 at the time i had no idea why it was purple and sparkled when i looked at it, so i never evolved it and now my crystal internal battery died and i had to replace it

Bing

Smash Master

Out of all the shinies I listed, only 1 was soft reseting, the rest were running around and just Luck.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Yeah the soft reset is too much for me. I get tired of doing it at around the fifth reset. Too bad my luck ostensibly pitiful with shiny Pokemon. The one thing I fear is getting one with bad stats.

Kommander Kol

Smash Rookie
I mostly breed for my shiny Pokemon,but I've kinda gotten off of that for a while...I've been training instead,trying to not get completely screwed over Wi-fi. I should get back into it though,there are so many shinies that I want!

I personally don't like SRing or ARing,but some of my friends do,and who am I to refuse a shining legendary? No,I prefer to torture myself with breeding...running around...hatching...hoping...

The first shiny I ever found was in my brother's Gold version. It was either a Geodude or a Graveler,I can't remember,and I knocked it out. Ah,the stupidity of childhood...

Here's a list of shiny Pokemon I have:
Seviper (Random encounter in Black)
Beautifly (Random encounter in Diamond)
Latias (Traded over the GTS)
Deoxys (Traded over the GTS)
Kingler (Random encounter in SoulSilver)
Audino (Random encounter in Black)
Crobat (Random encounter in Sapphire)
Ninetales (Hatched in Black)
Charizard (Hatched in Black)
Ludicolo (Random encounter in Sapphire)
Gyarados (Story encounter in SoulSilver)
Meloetta (ARed by a friend and traded in Black)
Genesect (ARed by a friend and traded in Black)
Meditite (Random encounter in Platinum)

Any suggestions for what I should breed or hunt for next?

Kommander Kol

Smash Rookie
I figured that AR and GTS shinies didn't count,but I thought I'd put them up anyway. I only got them because I wanted the Pokemon for the PokeDex anyway. I can't control if a person gives me a shining Pokemon over the GTS. Same goes for my cheating friends,I can't control what they do.

Kommander Kol

Smash Rookie
Okay,I know GTS Shinies don't count,but this is just ridiculous luck on my part. I put up a Zekrom at Lv54 that was just taking up space in my PC,and I get back a Shiny Gengar at Lv100 with a pretty good nature. Just...how? I don't get what some people will do for a legendary...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Okay,I know GTS Shinies don't count,but this is just ridiculous luck on my part. I put up a Zekrom at Lv54 that was just taking up space in my PC,and I get back a Shiny Gengar at Lv100 with a pretty good nature. Just...how? I don't get what some people will do for a legendary...
It's because it's AR'd and he has 3 more. He didn't have any normal Gengar =p

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Not sure if this was mentioned, but the Masuda Method is a good way to hatch shinies. In gen IV, the odds are increased to 1/1639, while in gen V, it's 1/1366. Yes, the odds are still a bit low, but much better than 1/8192. It's actually how I got my shiny Ralts, shiny Charmander, shiny Beldum, etc., using a Japanese Ditto I obtained through the GTS (which also happens to be shiny).

Sully

Smash Cadet
I've found:
Ledian (Diamond; no Pokeballs so I reset)
Ponyta x2 (SoulSilver/HeartGold)
Rapidash
Roselia
Medicham

And my friend must be insanely lucky because he found a shiny Latios and a shiny Groudon in SoulSilver within 2 weeks without resetting >_>

Kommander Kol

Smash Rookie
I've found:
Ledian (Diamond; no Pokeballs so I reset)
Ponyta x2 (SoulSilver/HeartGold)
Rapidash
Roselia
Medicham

And my friend must be insanely lucky because he found a shiny Latios and a shiny Groudon in SoulSilver within 2 weeks without resetting >_>
Arg! I want a shiny Rapidash so bad,but I'm busy doing other...things...>.>(Lazy)

Bing

Smash Master
Shiny Rapidash is mad cute! Love the Blue.

Also On my current Nuzlocke of HeartGold, I've caught 2 shinies(I dont know how Im only in Ecruteak)

Shiny SandShrew, Quiet Nature(Bleh)

Shiny Magnemite, Timid Nature.(Considering adding to team though that would be breaking Nuzlocke rules so I doubt it)

Sully

Smash Cadet
I've been playing Pokemon Black since it came out, and put multiple hours into it but I've never come across a shiny I haven't traded :(

Btw, got a shiny Bisharp on the GTS 8)

Top Bottom