• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shopping=boring

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Is it just me or do girls have more self confidence than guys when it comes to clothes?
I think it's usually the other way around, actually. Girls have more self confidence because they buy clothes that (in their eyes) make them look good.

Unless they're hoes and wear super skimpy outfits. THAT requires more than confidence. Though those kind of clothes really shouldn't concern you anyway.

It's not illegal to be apathetic toward your appearance though. You can go out in public wearing pajama pants for all I care. Though if I see you, I won't promise I won't whisper mean things to my friends about it. ;)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That and guy's clothes suck!

I might be biased, though...
Yeah, I think you might be. ;)

But what you say is still kind of true in a different way. A lot of times I'll go into a store and see designs or styles that I like on the girls side (this mostly applies to tops), but they don't have male counterparts to them. And that's always a bummer.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
Look, Girls usually do buy clothes that make them look good, but if your twenty and you still wear disny princess shirts either you have a good reason like you are a funny person and are just joking etc , or you have no clue that those shirts are for eight year olds.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, I think you might be. ;)

But what you say is still kind of true in a different way. A lot of times I'll go into a store and see designs or styles that I like on the girls side (this mostly applies to tops), but they don't have male counterparts to them. And that's always a bummer.
Guy's clothes are lame... like seriously...

But yes, I am biased, very biased.

I can not stand even walking into the guy's section. D: I don't even like going to the mall anymore. T_T

I wish I could just shop for myself, dang it. :(

Look, Girls usually do buy clothes that make them look good, but if your twenty and you still wear disny princess shirts either you have a good reason like you are a funny person and are just joking etc , or you have no clue that those shirts are for eight year olds.
I haven't actually seen anybody of that age wearing that...

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
Look around southern Ohio, you know were all the rednecks are, you'll see someone like that. Oh and is it this way for anyone else, but when you go shopping at a new store do you freak out, I do cause I never go shopping so I don't know what to do!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I look around the new store for about two minutes. If I don't see anything I like (even if I can't/don't buy it) in a quick walk through, I walk right out and probably not go in there again. Simple as that.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
To what end?
Attracting a potential female mate?
what are you, gay? if you want chicks to look at you, you dress nicely.

No offence, but since when did guys like making themselves sexy?

My problem's that I need to find clothes that I like and that I'll wear. But I'll keep lookin'...
since guys realized that girls like sexy guys.

To attract those of the opposite sex.
qft

I wish there was an anime clothing store. I'd shop there everday.
hot topic is probably the closest you can get. (at least around here)

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
I hate shopping.
either i'm dragged around or I want a video game and can't get it. And the last time I bought a game, my brother lent it to his girlfriend letting me find out on my own so now I hate shopping because if I buy it myself, it's mine and if we lend someone a game again I'll be pissed off if I bought it.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
clothes, food, and things girls like as well as video games
Almost forgot about clothes and food. Ya need those things to live. What's also boring is, even though you need food to live, shopping for food you don't want.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well obviously when your a kid and mommy/daddy drag you everywhere (and do the buying) it's a horrible experience.

But once you earn your own money it's not so bad. You don't have to spend anymore time in a store than you want to, and you pick the stores. Which isn't to say that I can entertain myself milling around the mall for hours on end, but I did often duck into the mall on the way home from university a lot freshman year to grab a movie or a t-shirt, or see if my friend was working at HMV. Life is better with independence.

That said I still hate grocery shopping. I'm probably ten million times faster than either of my parents, but somehow I still end up behind the old people that came in at the same time as me... every time... and they have a cart filled. I don't know how they do it. I swear they follow me.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I have a mum and two older sisters. Going shopping with them is so boring! They don't even look at anything interesting, they just go clothes shopping! It wouldn't be bad if they went in, got want they wanted, paid for it, and left.

No. They go in, look around for aaages, pick out a few things, go to try them on, decide if they want them or not, go and put some things back, start looking at more clothes on the way there, then finally get to the checkout and pay for their things. But in a normal sized shop that can take about 25 minutes. And some shops are the size of warehouses! What the hell! Why do we need clothes shops the size of warehouses!

And there's never any seats in the place! And even if there is, no matter how long you sit down for, you always feel exhausted when you stand back up. Sometimes they even go back to shops that they've already been in to buy something that they saw earlier! Why didn't you just buy that when you were there the first time! Aaaaah!

Recently I've been going to the book store and reading whilst they've been shopping. The last time we went, I went straight to the book store, picked up a 300 page book and started reading. I was there all afternoon, I bought the book and read it on the way home, and I finished it before we even got home. Seriously, that shouldn't even be legal.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I have a mum and two older sisters. Going shopping with them is so boring! They don't even look at anything interesting, they just go clothes shopping! It wouldn't be bad if they went in, got want they wanted, paid for it, and left.

No. They go in, look around for aaages, pick out a few things, go to try them on, decide if they want them or not, go and put some things back, start looking at more clothes on the way there, then finally get to the checkout and pay for their things. But in a normal sized shop that can take about 25 minutes. And some shops are the size of warehouses! What the hell! Why do we need clothes shops the size of warehouses!

And there's never any seats in the place! And even if there is, no matter how long you sit down for, you always feel exhausted when you stand back up. Sometimes they even go back to shops that they've already been in to buy something that they saw earlier! Why didn't you just buy that when you were there the first time! Aaaaah!

Recently I've been going to the book store and reading whilst they've been shopping. The last time we went, I went straight to the book store, picked up a 300 page book and started reading. I was there all afternoon, I bought the book and read it on the way home, and I finished it before we even got home. Seriously, that shouldn't even be legal.
That sounds like me back when I was really little, but I did like all of the clothes, just not the kind I was "supposed to" look at and buy.

Now that my mom shops in the older section, and I'm not a little kid anymore, I'm able to go off while she's there and look at what I want. While, I'm still limited, it's better.

But that's just me... XD

Lance Charisma

Smash Rookie
Alright, shopping with your mother really does suck. But when you have a wallet full of cash that's just itching to be spent it's one of the most enjoyable things in the known world. I hated shopping till I got a job and had money of my own. *sigh* I'm so broke at the moment (**** YOU WII AND BRAWL!!!) I really want to go shopping.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Unless I find a t-shirt with something funny written on it, I hate it.

Funny Ts ftw

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I only like shopping for games/funny shirts.

Or going to the mall with my girlfriend. I don't mind her taking long. Grocery store ain't bad either.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shopping is only fun if you have these, (1)Lots of money, (2)Good company, or (3)You go for specific goals in mind.

Plus, most of the posters in here are guys, so I understand. Buzz (my hubby) isn't a big fan and complains a lot. I usually don't ask him to go with me, though sometimes he does, if we both have goals of things to get. I can imagine suffering through looking at boring stuff can be the downside of going shopping, sure. I even go through that when I shop. It can be boring for everyone at some point.

Ironically, I'm going shopping today with a friend, and I don't know if our husbands are going to join us. I don't blame them if they don't. ;)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
There's nothing worse than shopping with a specific thing in mind, and never finding it. I went looking for pants last month, and it took like, two hours and four stores for me to just give up and buy a different kind from what I was looking for. :(

fkacyan

Smash Hero
There's nothing worse than shopping with a specific thing in mind, and never finding it. I went looking for pants last month, and it took like, two hours and four stores for me to just give up and buy a different kind from what I was looking for. :(
It's even worse when you check online, and the website is very clear that one store in about a 4 hour radius has the item you need, and you get there to find out that it was sold a long time ago and some lazy sales clerk never updated the database. Rargh.

Usually when I shop I have a very specific goal in mind, and I'm done within 5 minutes or so, longer if it's for clothing.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, Buzz always gets mad when we go to the mall to look for one thing, and then I get distracted by other stores. Buzz HATES it when I do that. Hahahaha... I'm such a girl. ^_^

Top Bottom