• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short notice [details inside] MADfest: 01-21-12 Melee All Day Video Game Event!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Awesome bro! Hey guys, are you bringing anything like cubes? : ] If you can bring it's koo, if not I understand. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I can bring a wii and TV.

Melo might be able to bring a wii and TV....not sure..

I am not sure about metal and thunder.
Beast!

If you're desperate for cubes I can bring mine+melee
Yes, please do! Don't want tv's to be empty hahaha. : D

I'll put Palpi and You up, and Melo if he says he can.

: D Thanks guys! Thanks for the help, much appreciated. : D

Btw Ranmaru = Carlos (on FB)

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Never been to Philly.. About to change that:)
I was looking at train schedules from Pittsburgh to Philly and and found a pretty good deal. So im gonna try to make it out there!
First off im gonna need help with housing if possible. Ill be PMing you later about trying to figure that out.
But everything looks pretty legit!
Can't wait!!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
K Carroll, replied. : ] Hope to see you here : D

I also edited how much equipment there will be under the equipment section. I will edit soon to make it more neat. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
K man you are all set, now COME out here. :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just got a call from Brother Luis that the date would have to be moved. ;-;

I will go at 10:00 Pm to talk with the Pastor about this...

So this means I'll have to move the date to after the 20th.

I'm a bit dissapointed, I won't lie, but I will make this work. (I just spent the whole day posting up flyers ;-; )

But yeah. I'm sorry for this everyone, I just hope you'll still go to the next one. I wanted to do very well so everyone could be impressed. I'll do the same for when I move the date.

I'm just glad I DO have a venue to work with, I'm very sorry.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, thank you for understanding. Now, I'm willing to put my all into the next date. I'm going to make SURE that I get a really confirmed date the next time...

So please let me know if you guys will still give your all to this.

Literally all the hype just drained from my head and converted into head ache...

I just hope you guys will still come <3

But yeah, I will let you know what I know at 10:00 PM.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well it seems that we need to do a disclaimer. That was the only problem, but it seems that there was a trip that was going on the 13th that they didn't know about...

So basically it's bad cuz they have to use that area. : [

I know Dobs has taken that day off, I sure hope he can get work on that day (like a switch)... Hopefully.

So, I'm willing to keep going and pull down flyers and replace them with accurate ones... but not till the Pastor tells me of good dates after the 20th.

So, hopefully I'll see some of you at Rom3. I'd like to know if you'd want a tournament right after it, or how much time you'd need to recharge before having one. : ]

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Disappointed was looking forward to melee only 40 mins away from me. Sigh nothing you can do hopefully date in future will work and I can come. Also I should be able to get hours back at work though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Disappointed was looking forward to melee only 40 mins away from me. Sigh nothing you can do hopefully date in future will work and I can come. Also I should be able to get hours back at work though.
Yes I know bro, I was dissapointed as well. I was so excited for this... I'm glad you can get the hours back in too. I'll give them a second chance, if it happens again, no go. I would like to keep it due to parking, but I also need effeciency. (Although I'll be looking in to other venues just in case)

But yeah, just date change... they just said they had a trip so I hope they just forgot. I will make SURE that they don't have anything planned.

Yeah. More time to dowork with fawks.
Kool bro you do that. I hope You will be practiced up mang!

So basically it's just a date change rite?
Yes. I will put the next date as soon as the Pastor tells me which date. You guys in the meanwhile should say what dates you could possibly attend (I'm thinking early december or mid december at the least, or are you all itching for smash even though rom's on the 20th?)

Yeah.

=============

SO I want you all to know I WANT to make this work. I will print out those flyers again and I will post em again, I will hype this up and I will not let this bring my spirits down, I hope it doesn't bring yours down either. : ]

Btw once there is an event, you'll all have to sign this disclaimer thing (just in case something breaks or something) when you enter, and when you sign up for the event. : D

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Well as far as dates go, dec 4th and 11th would work best for me.
My Saturdays for the next 2 months after rom look like..

Rom3
Thanksgiving/black Friday = mad work:(
Nothing
Nothing
Pittsburgh tourny
Christmas

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No not yet. I talked to the Pastor yesterday but said he would talk to his lawyer today... You see, it's hard to get in contact with him... I just went to the Church to check if it was open. I'll check a little later, if not, I'll check in tommorow morning.

================================

So I'll check in with the Pastor again, and if things look bleak, I'll simply just go to Upenn. I'm sure Smashers are familiar enough with it.

I'm not playing around.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
we at upenn would love to have a smash tournament.
Me too. : D

Gonna be in Philly this weekend. May be available on Sat night.
Hmmm Hopefully we can play. : D

UPenn people should figure out how Scar got his venue for SPOC.
My Gf and my friend Vorosh go there, so we will deff find out. : D Maybe even get free room. (if fee is free, then no venue fee :p)

err body whos in philly this weekend should just have a huge fest thatd be ****
Yes, but where? lol.

Top Bottom