• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short notice [details inside] MADfest: 01-21-12 Melee All Day Video Game Event!

LLDL

Smash Hero
So is M.A.D. just a one time tournament, or should I refer to it as M.A.D. I, II,III,IV, etc when I upload the videos?

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
So is M.A.D. just a one time tournament, or should I refer to it as M.A.D. I, II,III,IV, etc when I upload the videos?
I would love to have more :) IDK this is carlos' question. But we should try and get a venue like this in Philly for ATLEAST monthlies <3

July

Smash Apprentice
Any update on free parking? I know most meters have a 3hr limit...
The most reliable place for parking is Blatimore Street, which is here in relation to the venue, so its about four blocks away, also a safe area, although if you have tvs, it would probably be beneficial to drop them off before parking, and if you need help getting to Baltimore or finding parking in general I'm willing to help

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...43&g=baltimore+street+philly&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15

If anyone else from UPenn knows where reliable free parking is, it could deff help, all I know is there is metered and some free parking on campus, sorry, I don't drive so it never affected me until now ;-;

So

CRITPOKO

Smash Rookie
Hello. I've never been to a tournament before and I was curious as to how team tournaments go. You see, I don't have any friends in the competitive community and in interviews of smashers, it sounds like you just pair up with random people if you don't know anyone. So could someone tell me: is that what usually happens at tournaments?; People just pair up with other random people they just meet there? Thank you ^-^

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hello. I've never been to a tournament before and I was curious as to how team tournaments go. You see, I don't have any friends in the competitive community and in interviews of smashers, it sounds like you just pair up with random people if you don't know anyone. So could someone tell me: is that what usually happens at tournaments?; People just pair up with other random people they just meet there? Thank you ^-^
Welcome to smashboards.

A lot of the lower level players just pair up with random smashers that they meet there. Average/Higher level players either have permanent team mates (more or less) or they message each other online or call each other and ask if they want to team. Chances are, there will be a few other newbies that you can converse with and play with before asking/deciding to team with them.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I'm not interested in just holding one. So you could call it M.A.D I or M.A.D. (I usually thing that the original is just without a number, and than others coming in sequence have a number added)

tl;DR Yeah add the I. M.A.D I. : D I want to have more MAD's.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, put BRING TV'S we can't afford not to have people bring them.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I did that. : D And yeah, I'mma do brackit. I want people to have fun with pools, but the time won't allow that.

So brackets.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Nice. And did you ever get a laptop and stuff for tio? And tell me if you need help seeding and etc. I'm sure you'll run it fine though. I'm mad hyped.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Nobody knows about the secret player coming tm <3 You will all get ***** and be so surprised <3 I can't wait for tomorrow <3

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
im in here tomorow .... my first tourney im pretty pumped just gotta get there from easton =l long trip

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i may spur of the moment go

u should try to start singles before that if possible, u should always allow more time for singles esp if we gotta be kicked out at 10!

also i wanna not have to drive home from philly too late. are all the md cars full?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Chainace: Well we (July and Vorosh) have two, and with yours would make three. : D Both of theirs have tio, so one could be used for brackets, and the other two could be used for recording. : D

@Plank: Yo, I agree. But I want to do teams first. But yes I want to allow more time for singles since we have to leave at 10.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I'm bring my laptop too, if anyone needs me to put stuff on it then tell me soon.

Regardless, I'll need something to do on the ~90min train ride aka laptop.......

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yea i meant before the scheduled time, not before teams, of course! =D i dont think ill be down for making the drive though, and i dont think anyone from the area has space ><

Bones0

Smash Legend
yea i meant before the scheduled time, not before teams, of course! =D i dont think ill be down for making the drive though, and i dont think anyone from the area has space ><
If the issue is gas money, DJ and I can chip in cause his car is having some issues so it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it otherwise.

Also, sorry if that ends up crapping on the TV situation. :/

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
If the issue is gas money, DJ and I can chip in cause his car is having some issues so it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it otherwise.

Also, sorry if that ends up crapping on the TV situation. :/
sadly the issue is the stability of my vehicle as well

July

Smash Apprentice
I'm bring my laptop too, if anyone needs me to put stuff on it then tell me soon.

Regardless, I'll need something to do on the ~90min train ride aka laptop.......
Sure, bring it just in case. : D We'll let you know if we need it. : D

@Bones: It's ok. I hope you'll be able to tho. : D

Bring tv's guys! :3

~Ranmaru

July

Smash Apprentice
Aww man I don't know what to say. I wish I could help but I don't really know that much people in MD to help you out. (I know a few, but they are in the Vist van)

I hope you can somehow make it dude. Remember my number is 407-301-4542 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************407-301-4542******end_of_the_skype_highlighting if you need to call before coming.

~Ranmaru

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Chops and I will be arriving at the tourney around 12:30 to 1 pm. This is pretty much my Pound 5 tourney and my last one for a while. See ya there.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright, just text/call me when you guys are near by. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just so you know guys, me, Dlew, July, No cash, and Vorosh are at the venue already. If you have any questions let us know.

Wash your hands.

*Bring an extra copy of melee* (of all things I forgot melee ;-;)

I got my power strips and extension cords ready. (4 power strips, 4 extension cords)

BRING TV'S GUYS

We only have one tv so far. : D

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'm coming. Sadly, I'm going back on the train, so I don't think I'll bring the mini TV I brought to Chibo's.

July

Smash Apprentice
Ok, see you there bro. Yeah, thanks for trying with the tv.

Btw everyone! If you are joining teams come sign up! Let me know if you are on the way and plan to play teams!

~ Ranmaru

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks man! I'm doing fine for now. I'm being loud with my matches and getting ppl off tv's but I do ask chainace questions about the bracket and stuff. It's pretty hype.

Also Talwind is here.

Top Bottom