• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ShortHop - Laser - Fastfalling (Help)

Itchi

Smash Cadet
I have finally mastered Falco's waveshing timing in one day, surprisingly..
But I seem to struggle with SHLFing (Short Hop Laser Fast Fall).

I have got Short-Jumping down but when I Laser and Fast fall the shot gets canceled on me.
Do I need to fire and wait till I see the shot then fast fall? Please help me on this.
It's bugging me.

Thanks. -Itchi╕

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
You dont have to wait till you see yur shot b4 you FF just remember to press B >Down in senquence, not at same time. Just pratice some more, Falco tech is all timing.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Also don't forget you can vary the height of the lasers but changing the timing around of when you press B and/or when you FF. I think, generally, it's better to shoot it low. I don't pay much attention to it just yet since I'm still in the process of incorporating everything into my game. SHL was probably what I started using in matches first and my friends generally hate it, so I must be doing something right :p

flintstone

Smash Cadet
yea, short hop lasering i have to say is a must learn tactic. a very effective way of disrupting horizontal recovery's, especially on fast fallers.

Top Bottom