• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should FL count OOS records for the FL Power Rankings?

Should FL count OOS player records for the Fl PR?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No!!!

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
No.
It is too hard to judge which OOS players are better/worse.

Going by our opinions isn't very solid.
Going by PRs is also iffy, as some regions are factually harder than others.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'm not really sure why this is suggested considering, I suggested this like year ago and everyone acted like I was an idiot.

w/e, my opinion is still the same tho, it should count.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Will be really mad if this ends up as yes. This literally only rewards traveling players, and we're basically saying u beat BLANK and he's good so you get X AMOUNT of GOOD POINTS putting you above THIS PLAYER in your state, because THIS PLAYER didn't travel.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
M2K comes to FL.

Beats everyone.

1st place on FL PR?

It's kinda funny how Seibrik is trying to destroy the PRs after how hard he defended them when I said they should have been destroyed.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Dfear saying reward those who were born into riches!

Your trolling hard bro, this is brawl not the government we don't reward those who spend hundreds to fly to tournies out of state.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
In all honesty ppl care more about an oos performance rather than a local, yes?
Also to travel to GA for nfl although we don't do it, is practically the same thing as traveling to miami though we don't do that either so regardless going to a tourney in state or oos is still traveling.

Although..... I can see why seibs suggested this all of a sudden since he still wants to be 1st on the PR ;)

@chaz: yes reward those in sfl since thats where most of the pr tournies are held at. Those who can't travel to sfl have no chance.

Tekk001

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Chaz, I say no. While it might sound like a good idea at first, essentially it takes away from there being a power ranking in the first place. To see who among the players in Florida are better. It's why some organizations and clubs have states, then nationals. So yea it's a ******** idea made to reward people who travel more, and not to determine who out of the Florida players would be considered the best candidates to do well in OoS tournies.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Also to travel to GA for nfl although we don't do it, is practically the same thing as traveling to miami though we don't do that either so regardless going to a tourney in state or oos is still traveling.

Although..... I can see why seibs suggested this all of a sudden since he still wants to be 1st on the PR ;)

@chaz: yes reward those in sfl since thats where most of the pr tournies are held at. Those who can't travel to sfl have no chance.

The callout.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
lol im not tryin to destroy pr's, just makin 'em as accurate as possible.

there is a very relevent argument that will be revealed as to why it matters when the PR's come out.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
reward those with ambition and initiative
It does on paper.

Not in real life.

The majority of people who could get onto the PRs get one stupid loss and is cut down. It destroys their confidence and makes them not want to go to tournaments.

Tournament wins should be praised. Yes, I understand that people can get bracket-*****, but guess what? Next week or two, there will be another tournament. I'd much rather be disappointed in a bad bracket for 1 or 2 weeks rather than be disappointed in that same thing keeping me from the PRs for months.

It gives people back the "there's always next week" mentality. With the PR mentality, its like......"there's always next ...... 4 months"

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero

Make FLORIDA PRs accurate by counting in OOS players. That's like 100% NOT accurate lol.
no, not counting oos players in OUR pr,

but for instance, considering the fact that i beat razor, while halz lost to razor for instance. its a comparison we can make between fl players using oos records.

I dont care either way, which is why im leaving it completely up to FL to decide, i didn't even vote.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
example:

knowns:
sfl Florida Player A
sfl Florida Player B
nfl Florida Player A
OOS Player A
OOS Player B
OOS Player C

scenario
the sfl players A & B play against each other back and forth. Both have equal wins and losses.
a tourney comes where sfl player A finally has a winning record over player B.

while this is happening nfl player cannot travel to sfl for reasons unstated BUT nfl player beats oos players ABC.

sfl decides to travel where the oos players are and sfl player A loses to all of them while sfl player B beats oos player c for example.

new knowns:
the nfl player clearly beated the oos players that sfl players could not beat. but records show that player b has NUMEROUS amounts of wins/losses with sfl player A while nfl vs sfl player ratio is unknown

what should be the NFL players standing in the 3 way fl pr?

sflA
nflA
SFLB

sflA
sflB
nflA

nflA
sflA
sflB

nflA
sflB
sflA

Tekk001

Smash Apprentice
This is all irrelevant. PR's determine who among that states players would have the best chance at doing good at a national level. Before any OoS match is even considered. If anything have a State PR and a National PR.

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman

So if this is about personal gain I understand, that MLG where you and I placed amazing and beat a bunch of out of staters was awesome and we'd be high on the PR with just that.

I'm sorry naples isn't having tournaments, it used to be there'd be tournies all over FL. Then the best from North, South, West, East, and Central would have showdowns to see who's the best. Since those tournies stopped happening and Central/South were the only ones to have players win these epic clashes, the other regions just stopped showing to tournaments where they would not do as well. So they were lower on the PR and then
NEVER DEFENDING THEMSELVES BY HAVING OTHER TOURNIES FOR US TO COME AND FIGHT THEM KINDA RUINED YOUR SHOT AT SAYING IT'S NOT FAIR, SINCE YOU DON'T COMPETE.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dont compete = poor
compete = rich

not traveling = poor
traveling = rich

better player = variety
weaker player = limited

rich = variety
poor = limited

better player = rich
weaker player = poor

:troll:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
and dew

compare my record oos to esams,

he still raaaapes me as far as our oos records vs other oos people

he'd be first regardless, its more for nitpicking the 2-10 and getting things pinpoint accurate as possible

AfroQT

Smash Master
It's a very relevant argument that im 100% sure in some way benefits seibrik if this does goes through, and thats why we are arguing about it now.

OoS should not be counted, the FL Power Rankings should remain based toward the best players in Florida. Otherwise it really shouldn't be considered the Florida power rankings.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im inviting 4chan to vote NO...so theres a reason why there are so many no's

****ing bull****

i wanna see who voted so i know WHOS MAFIA FLORIDA and not some ***** like polt or some ****

<3 polt

DFEAR

Smash Hero
maybe it was a bad idea inviting 4chan...**** they hack this **** fast

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
FUN FUN FUN

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Dfear voted yes to troll.
Seibrik voted yes to be above redhalberd.
Dew voted yes because he wants ancient MLG wins to come back.
Others who voted yes are hiding or just helping the 3 above.

Tommy's right btw, doing this only makes less people want to come to tournies.

Tekk001

Smash Apprentice
Its pretty simple what you are voting for is a State level/National level system or a hybrid of the two which makes no sense...

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
So if this is about personal gain I understand, that MLG where you and I placed amazing and beat a bunch of out of staters was awesome and we'd be high on the PR with just that.

I'm sorry naples isn't having tournaments, it used to be there'd be tournies all over FL. Then the best from North, South, West, East, and Central would have showdowns to see who's the best. Since those tournies stopped happening and Central/South were the only ones to have players win these epic clashes, the other regions just stopped showing to tournaments where they would not do as well. So they were lower on the PR and then
NEVER DEFENDING THEMSELVES BY HAVING OTHER TOURNIES FOR US TO COME AND FIGHT THEM KINDA RUINED YOUR SHOT AT SAYING IT'S NOT FAIR, SINCE YOU DON'T COMPETE.
For one, my performance at mlg was last season so it wouldn't even be counted into the PR.

two, I live in Gville for the past year now, not naples. I've only had once chance to play sfl and when I did I play, I played seibs, shaky, and snipa, and managed to beat shaky. This shows if I had the opportunity to play more of sfl I'd have a better shot.

three, Its funny you say that considering when naples did have a successful tourney, sfl just backlashed the tourney after it happened and pretty much swore they wouldn't go to another 1. That sure doesn't help your argument rofl. Even if we did hold another tourney in naples, i don't think sfl would bother going to it, the closest thing we've had recently was the tourney in port charlotte, 2 weeks after mlg and none of sfl showed up. EVEN TAMPA showed up, rofl.

Bro, your a cool guy in person, but right now your sounding like a ******. Sounds like you have your the one with a hidden agenda.

LOL wtf at this april fools swf theme

AfroQT

Smash Master
For one, my performance at mlg was last season so it wouldn't even be counted into the PR.

two, I live in Gville for the past year now, not naples. I've only had once chance to play sfl and when I did I play, I played seibs, shaky, and snipa, and managed to beat shaky. This shows if I had the opportunity to play more of sfl I'd have a better shot.

three, Its funny you say that considering when naples did have a successful tourney, sfl just backlashed the tourney after it happened and pretty much swore they wouldn't go to another 1. That sure doesn't help your argument rofl. Even if we did hold another tourney in naples, i don't think sfl would bother going to it, the closest thing we've had recently was the tourney in port charlotte, 2 weeks after mlg and none of sfl showed up. EVEN TAMPA showed up, rofl.

Bro, your a cool guy in person, but right now your sounding like a ******. Sounds like you have your the one with a hidden agenda.

LOL wtf at this april fools swf theme
Sounding like a ******? You've yet to give ANY reason at all why OoS records should be counted. And NOBODY has even ATTEMPTED to counter how that would be RIDICULOUSLY UNFAIR to people that DO NOT travel.

And this is coming from someone who's been to 3 out of state tournaments in 3 months.

Top Bottom