• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should FL count OOS records for the FL Power Rankings?

Should FL count OOS player records for the Fl PR?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No!!!

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
It's a very relevant argument that im 100% sure in some way benefits seibrik if this does goes through, and thats why we are arguing about it now.

OoS should not be counted, the FL Power Rankings should remain based toward the best players in Florida. Otherwise it really shouldn't be considered the Florida power rankings.
funny thing is, it doesnt benefit me either way. as far as my spot on the PR goes, its gona be unchanged based on the answer.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
besides

its not like someone with an oos record would gain advantage vs players without one

it would be just to compare the players that have similar oos records, for example if two people played chu, one won, and one lost. in head to head on the PR we would see who deserves what spot more clearly.

its just more info in my mind, more info is usually more accurate.

like i said, multiple times, i really really dont care the outcome, i just wanted fl's opinion on the matter.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Sounding like a ******? You've yet to give ANY reason at all why OoS records should be counted. And NOBODY has even ATTEMPTED to counter how that would be RIDICULOUSLY UNFAIR to people that DO NOT travel.

And this is coming from someone who's been to 3 out of state tournaments in 3 months.
I said sounding like a ****** more based on how he's trying to pretend that I only feel that way for myself when it doesn't even reflect whether I'd be on or not. I would think you would be for it considering you went to OOS tournies. You pay money just like u do local tournies and you even end up paying more usually, why shouldn't they be counted? So basically you're promoting to have an excellent performance in state but your work OOS doesn't matter.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Based on every past experience ever, i doubt it.

My work OoS helps improve my in state game. Vastly so.

FL Power Rankings should be about who places consistently AMONG Florida. We should be comparing us to us.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
everyone acknowledge davids/dfear posts
it CAN ONLY MAKE SENSE

Tekk001

Smash Apprentice
No need for calling people a ******. It's gonna be a no. Get over it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
what if i were to tell u that 90% of those NO's were NON-florida players?

i want a public vote

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
@tekk Why are you getting butthurt? I can say w/e I want, why you are even trying to even tell me to not state my opinion? I don't even understand, considering I question whether you are from FL or not.

TBH, i think counting OOS performance promotes attendance, cuz god knows not every1 is willing to travel to sfl. Like how do you honestly think ppl like sexpuma or bawal could every get ranked in the first place?

Something interesting tho, if you want to see posts normally, you can read it normally in the topic review right b4 you post.

Tekk001

Smash Apprentice
Just sayin. It's rude...w/e its a no that's the end of it.

AfroQT

Smash Master
and oos records can help us compare us to us even deeper
You missed the among florida part. We should only be comparing how we do against us. if you start including other national areas you might as well be making a National PR. Especially when other OoS names start to show up consistently.

The absolute only reason i could see us using OoS is if 2 people had played the same people with the same results, never played each other, AND also played the same OoSer but with different results (1 win vs 1 loss). I really stress the "only played the same people with the same results". I mean not a single difference, if there was a difference (which it's extremely probable that there will be), those differences should be used to determine the 2 instead of OoS.

Xaltis

Smash Hero

This doesn't even matter, nothing is gonna change, clearly there are more "No"s than "Yes"s this was a stupid idea sorry but thats just how it is.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
NC sorta touched base on this topic recently. If the only halfway big tourney you have (g6) happens to involve a lot of oos people, you would have to drastically postpone PR updates due to limited data, or count matches that include members from oos. I argued for the latter, as I feel that the panelists should be knowledgeable enough of their neighboring region to determine how important certain wins/losses are. Sadly there aren't many other tourneys going on right now, otherwise things would be easier. But I def. think matches with players oos should matter. Just my 2 cents.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I think that it should work similar to how Money Matches count in terms of priority. For example, if someone is 1-1 in tournament sets, money matches, beat the same PR people, etc. then I think that it's more than appropriate to compare their OoS record, like Player A beats OoS Player C and player B loses to OoS Player C, therefore tipping the record in Player A's favor. How does more data hurt the accuracy of a PR?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Seibs you shouldn't be shocked when people assume everything you do and say some sort of selfish ulterior motive... There's pretty much nothing subtle about it, regardless of what you actually say :)

Top Bottom