• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should have had his sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSTN

Smash Rookie
i hate how gannondorf doesnt have his sword on smash bros. i think he is way cooler with the sword. plus on twilight(the game he is modeled after) he uses sword
plus his sword is tight. just what i think.
Zelda would've been cool with her twilight sword too but i dont care much about that

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I dunno. I wouldn't mind his sword replacing a special or two. I'm just worried he'll be too similar to Ike.

Oh, and I agree on Ganondorf to have a projectile. :]

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I wasn't aware Marth, Roy, and Ike were all in the same Fire Emblem game.

Oh wait, they weren't.
Uh... what?

He was obviously referring to Link and Toon Link as being identical (though that is a rather deceptive word choice, still since Marth and Ike are far more different then Toon Link and Link) and Link, Toon Link, and Ganondorf being the 3 potential sword users from the same game.

He got the numbers wrong though....

i dunno about having 5 sword users (with two identical, and 3 from one game)
5?

I count 6 right now, Marth, Ike, Link, Toon Link, Pit, and Metaknight.

Since you're saying that you don't know about having Ganondorf as a sword user, it should have been "i dunno about having 7 sword users".

Regardless. the sword is the most versatile weapon ever created, it lends itself to probably more combat styles then even unarmed combat depending on the weapon variation.

I see no issue with plenty of sword users as long as they make the sword users unique.

:034:

Smash Hero
PISS ALL OVER ME

Btw guys, he has his sword. It's his down taunt. Frankly, Ganondorf is so badass he doesn't NEED that sword. He'll take you on with his bare hands. More than enough.

Also, we've had this discussion on these boards at least 100 times now. So please, return from whence thy came.

Gleam

Smash Ace
I would like Ganon to have his sword, but I wouldn't want it to be part of his entire attack list. Let him have it for his smashes and up tilt (Because we all know how badly the uptilt must change.)

Ganondorf has used melee attacks, the kick in TP that he has in Brawl, those punches in WW and pimp smack he did on Zelda.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm glad this extremely insightful and useful thread exists.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
PISS ALL OVER ME

Btw guys, he has his sword. It's his down taunt. Frankly, Ganondorf is so badass he doesn't NEED that sword. He'll take you on with his bare hands. More than enough.

Also, we've had this discussion on these boards at least 100 times now. So please, return from whence thy came.
Seriously...he doesn't need a sword he's that badass.

BOSTN

Smash Rookie
dude ike is what ganondorf would have been
his moves could have been different.
his Special move could've been a projectile. like the ghosts that gannon uses on twilight in the final battle on the horse.
side special: jumping at the other people with his sword like the chance thing on twilight. like diddys but not grabbing u.
his up special could have been him turning into the darknes squares from twilight and going up and turning back like Zeldas.
down Special: stay the same

and his normal attacks would just be using his sword. his smash moves would be strong but slow and the normal moves would be medium strenght and speed

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
his Special move could've been a projectile. like the ghosts that gannon uses on twilight in the final battle on the horse.
side special: jumping at the other people with his sword like the chance thing on twilight. like diddys but not grabbing u.
his up special could have been him turning into the darknes squares from twilight and going up and turning back like Zeldas.

and his normal attacks would just be using his sword. his smash moves would be strong but slow and the normal moves would be medium strenght and speed
If they did that ganny would be god tier in this campy game.

Gleam

Smash Ace

Yes to all but his side special. Ganondorfs Flame Choke is just too god awesome to change.

Zarez

Smash Cadet
If he were to have a sword, it should only be for some of his attacks (so he'd still have the same basic play style).

If he only had sword attacks, he still wouldn't/shouldn't be like Ike, because Ganondorf's sword attacks were never as slow as Ike's. His attacks were pretty quick in Twilight Princess (and in Wind Waker).

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Honestly the sword isn't the biggest issue, it's more a few of his specials, His side is perfect, his down-B semi suits him, his up could definetly should be changed, and his neutral, anybody think of the energy ball you have to deflect back at him in every zelda game for an attack (though probably not as easily deflected)

Sliq

Smash Master
Kill this thread now please. It isn't adding ANYTHING to discussing Ganon with any relevance to the current game that is out now.

Phoenix Reborn

Smash Cadet
I love how it both Melee and Brawl, Ganon just kinda flashes his sword around but never uses it. In Melee, it was his victory pose where he swings the crazy thing around over his head like some maniac, and in Brawl, it's a taunt where he literally pulls the sword out of his *** and then shoves it right back in. It's amazing.

It's almost as if he's mocking us. Probably saying, "I'm too good for my sword! AHAHAHAHAH!"

- Thunder Storms off into a distance -

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
I love how it both Melee and Brawl, Ganon just kinda flashes his sword around but never uses it. In Melee, it was his victory pose where he swings the crazy thing around over his head like some maniac, and in Brawl, it's a taunt where he literally pulls the sword out of his *** and then shoves it right back in. It's amazing.

It's almost as if he's mocking us. Probably saying, "I'm too good for my sword! AHAHAHAHAH!"

- Thunder Storms off into a distance -
ganon: you see i coulda used this amazing #@$^ing sword, but i decided to be nice and not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom