• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should i be using shield canceled grabs as olimar?

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
On the DDD forums shield canceled grabs seem to be popular, apparently if you cancel a dash with a shield and then grab you do a standing grab instead of your shorter range dash grab. is this true? should i be using this instead of dash grabbing with olimar? Is this the same as shield grabbing (after dashing)?

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
On the DDD forums shield canceled grabs seem to be popular, apparently if you cancel a dash with a shield and then grab you do a standing grab instead of your shorter range dash grab. is this true? should i be using this instead of dash grabbing with olimar? Is this the same as shield grabbing (after dashing)?
well with olimars amazing grab range its not necessary, but it a shield grab... just depends. I use it, but i play d3 a good bit.

Fino

Smash Master
I do it naturally, it just buffs the already ridiculous grab range of olimar. dashing shield grabs are always something good to have, but don't use it all the time, just know when to use it.

~Fino

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Yup, I, too, do that "naturally" after playing Oli for awhile. Don't forget pivot grab tho.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I'd use it just because you put your shield up. It helps against most attacks when you perfect block it out.

Top Bottom