• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I enter a tournament?

Grunt

Smash Master
computers are stupid. people are like, lv 100 cpus.
you should enter tournaments regardless of what computers you can beat, but no, that doesn't mean you are amazing.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yes, enter a tournament, only then will you realize where you are in the grand spectrum of smash skill levels. and its probably low >.>, dont worry, mine was low to, I got knocked out in the first round of the first tournament I went to. >.>. BTW Grunt the tourney is next week and I updateds with new post about getting people rides

Grunt

Smash Master
Yes, enter a tournament, only then will you realize where you are in the grand spectrum of smash skill levels. and its probably low >.>, dont worry, mine was low to, I got knocked out in the first round of the first tournament I went to. >.>. BTW Grunt the tourney is next week and I updateds with new post about getting people rides
single elim? how bad.

Zodiac

Smash Master
single elim? how bad.
Ore? The tourney is double elim, in fact ALL tourney's should be double elim.

I cant find any tournaments close 2 rockford. chicago is 2 far. Nobody will take me. My bro said he would but he doesnt have his lisence yet.

there are a lot of people who will flat out come and pick you up for the tournament, if you ask for a ride and have gas money theres a good chance you would find a ride. For instance. theres someone in cali being picked up for a tournament in oregon, people from oregon are driving all the way down there and all the way back up, and then taking him back again because he posted and said. "Can someone give me a ride? I have gas money"

Zodiac

Smash Master
the one you lost on round one was dbl?
nah that was single, the second tournament was also single cause there like 540 people entered >.> , it was at an anime convention . but that was run by competitive smashers. And it had like a six time constraint.. sooooooo 540 participants in six hours probably wouldn't fly.

debaser

Smash Lord
ideally, you should only get your practice from human players at tourneys and such

comp players are more of a last resort

Top Bottom