• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Everybody needs to understand once and for all: Yes we know MK has an advantage over most of the cast. This means NOTHING. Wario has an advantage over most of the cast. That is what makes him high tier. When debating the ban, stop bringing up how unfair it is for people that main the **** like Ganondorf. Also, stop saying MK has no disadvantaged or even match-ups. That's bull **** until you prove it.

Jocko

Smash Rookie
Everybody needs to understand once and for all: Yes we know MK has an advantage over most of the cast. This means NOTHING. Wario has an advantage over most of the cast. That is what makes him high tier. When debating the ban, stop bringing up how unfair it is for people that main the **** like Ganondorf. Also, stop saying MK has no disadvantaged or even match-ups. That's bull **** until you prove it.
The game has been out for over year, and NEVER has there been any point when MK has shown to have anything other than the advantage, and I 99.9% doubt that will change

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
The game has been out for over year, and NEVER has there been any point when MK has shown to have anything other than the advantage, and I 99.9% doubt that will change

I could bet quite a bit that in the future MK will have machups vs some (if not most) of the tourney viable that are 50/50... we already have machups that are 45:55...:urg:

not that it matters that much...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Lain (ICs) beat M2K and Dojo, and Candy (Snake) eliminated Dojo.
Yeah and then m2k came back, beat lain (rather handedly).
how about the other times that we have seen m2k beat other players of similar skill?
Could that not be used as evidence for MK being OMFG SO GOOD?

Eww made a bad sentence. Had to edit

You are trying to use a player as evidence for a characters capability without acknowledging that the player is perfectly capable of making errors, being drunk, sleepy, high, happy, sad, aggravated and every other million things that can affect his performance.

The pro ban and anti-ban argument CANNOT prove itself through the behavior of one player no matter how high they may be, because we have seen really friggin good players make low tier characters look amazing. Does this prove said character is better than initially thought POSSIBLY but it does not directly prove anything.

When you take everything else into account, character potential, then the argument would be proven but really, people need to stop bringing up m2k's game play at apex as if it is sufficient evidence alone.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ok guys wait till you see the video were Plank air camped me for 8 minutes. We didn't even lose our stocks.

Its dumb either Mk or aircamping needs to be banned.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
There's no easy way to ban air camping, just how people have a hard time banning planking. It can be really ambiguous, plus all it is is putting yourself into a more advantageous position so it's harder to be hit.

cutter

Smash Champion
Ok guys wait till you see the video were Plank air camped me for 8 minutes. We didn't even lose our stocks.

Its dumb either Mk or aircamping needs to be banned.
Can we please stop trying to get more **** banned?

At first, it was the ICs infinites.

Then it was Meta Knight (back when the SBR did a podcast on it)

Then it was DDD's infinites.

Then Planking.

Then G&W's bucket in teams (NY seriously considered banning it)

Then Meta Knight again.

...now aircamping?

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I hardly think that was m2k performing his best when he is falling down on mines, ending his tornado in the air (and getting Utilted as a result).

Let alone considering that we cannot simply weigh on only one match simply because in that match, we have to realize both players are human. The mental strain, physical strain they underwent, etc etc.

So it cant just be , m2k lost to ally dont ban mk.

not to say I do not agree with your argument, just not the reasoning.

i wasnt basing my argument on this one match just using it as an example as to why mk can be beaten and more and more people will start finding ways to beat him

Nic64

Smash Lord
you want...air camping banned

L

M

F

A

O

god this games community is a failure, ban MK, ban IC's infinites, ban bucket teams, if you need to ban 20 things to make the game playable it's probably better that you play a game that is good to begin with

edit:

There is a difference between ledge camping, and ledge stalling. Jigglypuff hanging on the edge is one thing, Metaknight abusing invisibility frames is another.
so it's only stalling when meta knight does it? BRILLIANT!

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION! I GOT THE SOLUTION TO ALL OF THIS!

Play...
MELEE!!!!

Fox is beatable more in that game than MK <=P

discuss.

as for air camping...no problem here, my pk thunder ruins his lil air camping.
bucket on team O.o? hahah...it shouln't be banned...like why? just find a solution =P. what do they do in team? wait for them to fill the bucket O.o? lawls...all this drama is entertaining...and amusing ;p. I wonder if this happen when melee came out and they argue about Fox...

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
ATTENTION! I GOT THE SOLUTION TO ALL OF THIS!

Play...
MELEE!!!!

Fox is beatable more in that game than MK <=P

discuss.

as for air camping...no problem here, my pk thunder ruins his lil air camping.
greatest. solution ever. and seriously you want to ban air camping?! whats next banning shielding?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
you want...air camping banned

L

M

F

A

O

god this games community is a failure, ban MK, ban IC's infinites, ban bucket teams, if you need to ban 20 things to make the game playable it's probably better that you play a game that is good to begin with
This is not your private troll forum. This is not a topic for you to flame.

so it's only stalling when meta knight does it? BRILLIANT!
No, Metaknight can ledgecamp without abusing invisibility frames to infinite.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Apex is not suddenly putting this debate to a halt. What it will do for now until Genesis is benefit for the anti-banners. Hopefully Genesis remains similar.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
Ok, real quick, I'd like to know, who here actually WON'T go to Tourneys because their afraid of fighting (Not an insult.) Meta-Knight, I literally mean that once a ban is passed, or becomes passed, if it does. Will you not go to a tournament if Meta-Knight isn't banned? Does it really take away that much of the fun/fairness/competition/chance for some money, that you'd refuse to play?

I say this expecting no reply.

Nic64

Smash Lord
This is not your private troll forum. This is not a topic for you to flame.
Just because it upsets you doesn't make it less true, you people want ****ing everything banned. How are you going to ban air camping? Yeah it's kinda gay but that's also really arbitrary, unenforceable, and totally unecessary.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Just because it upsets you doesn't make it less true, you people want ****ing everything banned. How are you going to ban air camping? Yeah it's kinda gay but that's also really arbitrary, unenforceable, and totally unecessary.
Yes, that was a stupid statement. Regardless, this is not the topic. Take it to PMs.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Apex is not suddenly putting this debate to a halt. What it will do for now until Genesis is benefit for the anti-banners. Hopefully Genesis remains similar.
Although it certainly doesn't end the debate, don't underestimate the impact apex will have. It was HUGE that m2k lost. How can anyone argue metaknight is ban worthy if the VERY BEST player can't win with him? Don't throw out garbage like m2k had a bad day, results are results.

I was a fence walker until apex, but now I am sold; metaknight is not ban worthy. The meta game is going to have to abruptly and dramatically change for metaknight to be banned.

SBR will vote no ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom