• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should the Project M website be similar to the Smash Bros. DOJO?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I really love Project M, but the only thing I find odd is the website. There isn't to much information there besides characters and the current update. I kidna wish that it was similar to that of the Smash Bros. DOJO layout.

There are some buttons that would need to be replaced. Like I think that "How to Play" should be replaced with "Gameplay Changes" and "Gamemodes" should be replaced with "Downloads", but I do think it is worth it. That odd weird flash game called Super Smash Flash 2 game used this layout which looks a lot better in my opinion than Project M's.

I really don't want to start I fight, I LOOOOOVE Project M so much. So I just want Project M to look better because it is amazing.

EDIT:

Maybe to make the "Project M DOJO" look different, it could replace all the grey with purple.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I actually like the Project M page layout better but that might be because it's grown on me.

Stage descriptions and Sakurai style Basic/Advanced Project M tutorials would be awesome though.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Definitely not. I found the dojo a little tongue-in-cheek and a tad annoying at times. Although I would appreciate a little organization of the news articles so that they can be referenced later. But when I think of the Dojo I mainly think of the cheesy articles about unimportant stuff at regular intervals, whereas the site only gives a news article on reveals or significant coding breakthroughs

Unless you mean the Dojo visual style, in which case I still say no, the M site right now looks awesome. :)

The Star King

Smash Hero
The Dojo sucked. I'd rather just have major updates here and there than a website talking about Coin mode or whatever minor thing because they do it daily.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The Dojo sucked. I'd rather just have major updates here and there than a website talking about Coin mode or whatever minor thing because they do it daily.
I'm saying I want the website to have more info. Like stages, different gameplay tweaks, character changes etc. Also like what I said in the original post, redundant categories would be replaced with something else.

MaxThunder

PM Support
would take a lot of time to actually make that... and would take time away from continued developement of the project, and i can't imagien it being any fun to do that in your free time for no pay...

so no... current site does it's job well enough and looks nice...

also... you called a game still in developement old <.<... and talked about it in past tense...

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm saying I want the website to have more info. Like stages, different gameplay tweaks, character changes etc. Also like what I said in the original post, redundant categories would be replaced with something else.
I'd rather have the PMBR spend time coding the game than giving constant updates on every little bit of progress they make. It's not like they don't give us pretty timely updates already anyway.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Just because the site has a more comprehensive and easier to understand layout doesn't mean they need to give updates all the time. It'd still be the same site and update the same rate as usual (rarely)
Just a cooler layout.

That said? I'm not for it. It's fine as-is.
Edit: Though an Engine Fix section would be nice. Even if it were very general.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Project M's website is mostly fine. I like the details they give on most characters. Though maybe a stage section on the page will be what I want, since it'll help everyone familiarize themselves with the new stages Project: M have, i.e. the new Norfair. Otherwise I like the website the way it is, clean, simple, detailed enough.

And if they do plan on redoing the website completely, then pm me, I'll do what I can. :)

Top Bottom