• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should we be gliding more?

GaleForce

Smash Rookie
I've always heard about how Pit's B^ can easily be stopped (and have experienced it, myself), so perhaps we could take a look at his alternative method to recovery.

I'm not near my wii at the moment to test it, but I'm curious as to whether Pit can still take action when hit during a glide or not. If so, then would it be better to utilize a glide to get close enough to the stage and use his B^ only when necessary?

I'm a mediocre smasher at best, so I can't really think of any good hypothetical stituations where this might work, but I'm sure some of you could help me shed light on this situation.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Definitely. You can even go under the stage and come back. Also, I think this should be in General Brawl discussion.

Ace929

Smash Journeyman
The gliding attack usually KOs the target if they are at 137% on average, with the high percents being 149% for Donkey Kong and 156% for King Dedede.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Well, I use VERY OFTEN the Glide-Ability. I would like to share my facts with you guys.

Gliding under a stage could be fatal for recovering. It must be done very quick and without a single mistake. I tried it some times... no, I prefer the Angel Wings more. I recommend the Gliding-Ability for the normal battle ground or the classic tourney-maps. The good thing at gliding with pit is the fact that you can cancel it via up during flight and landing a good attack for someone who's under you. However, if you're using the full limit for gliding then will you just land on the floor. I've done this some times against friends and hell yeah, it became a very nice mindgame. There're trying to figure out if I would go to the corner to recover, using my sly tech from above or attacking direct from the glide.

The Keypoint to understand pits gliding-ability is to cover your true plans. Don't let them know that you target someone or leaving for an better spot. Let them know it in the very last second.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
As mentioned by the above poster, yes, glide is probably the best recovery Pit has. The best Pit I have ever fought against actually got launched out, did a double jump, shot his Arrow, then started gliding. He managed to do the arrow-circle a few times while slowly making his way to the course. He ended up making the arrow connect with me about a fraction of a second before Pit made ground nearby. I had guarded (as opposed to dodging, which I never did quite find out why I did that <- stupid mistake), but he did a little glide-cancel with his a move, dashed up to me, grabbed me, and the match was over there.

So yes, gliding is the best out there (and is seems to be more maneuverable(sp?) that MK's gliding). And it has many, many, MANY, applications.

Scio

Smash Rookie
Also you can shift your position downwards a little bit before you glide with Pit. You press down right before you start gliding and it moves you down and starts your glide lower.. I call it glideshifting (thats what i call it)... Ill put up a video soon if you guys need. It is a great mindgame that i use all the time because you can use it to get right next to the opponent and attack out of glide.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I already abuse the glide. Gliding is very useful, you should always use it. I normally use glide, then attack out of it (which is one of pit's best killing moves), then jump some more, more aerials.

Try avoiding using the up B unless if you're doing mind games and at a low percent.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Glide abuse is key because people will always expect an Up-B so that they can punish you. Instead, you recover and get to attack at the same time.

There are situations in which it would be better to use Up-b, but most of the time gliding is preferable.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Considering how you can do an Up-B after a glide, but not the other way around, you should always glide first unless you're below the stage.

Rehd

Smash Rookie
I already abuse the glide. Gliding is very useful, you should always use it. I normally use glide, then attack out of it (which is one of pit's best killing moves), then jump some more, more aerials.

Try avoiding using the up B unless if you're doing mind games and at a low percent.
I wouldn't say it's a killing move... it only kills when the opponent is like 150%+ up. But it definately launches them up which sets up for a sick up arrow shot and u-smash after.

_*DUZT*_

Smash Rookie
Practice w/ pits ^B...
its really eazy 2 contrl also gliding is really usefull if u master it...those are the ingredients 2 a good Pit...if u could do tht thn ur opponents will have a REally hard time knoking u out ;)
i have invested 12 hours into Pit and im good

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Pit's wings of icurous is possibly the last move I will use unless I was chasing someone beneath the stage. Gliding is his best recovery. I'm shocked at how long it took many Pit users to realize this. Always makes me chuckle when I see a fallen Pit user because they use and try to abuse ^B and get arrow shotted clean out of the air :laugh:

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
If you are good at glide you can almost get away with never using up and b. Glide attack is amazing. If you have a jump left you can jump out of glide and up+b to the stage from way under the stage. If you attack while your in glide u can use up any remaining jumps and up+b. Just dont glide on your final jump unless your desperate cuz if you screw up your toast.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Gliding is all useful and should be used. I'd use the glide to fly under Final Destination then come back on the other side. It's a Strategic and it can be used for recovering. Just make sure you have at least 1 jump left to use the Wings of Icarus, just in case you dont make it.

I wouldnt glide against a Pikachu when he's just going to use thunder at the edge while you try to recover. Instead, I get close to thunder's location, use Mirror shield and let Pika zap himself.

But yes, glide more. Soar through the skies and feel the breeze, and occasionally fly by an enemy and slash him. :laugh:

Ronin71

Smash Rookie
and a video of pika zapping himself... my fault about the double post friend just told me to edit insted

Top Bottom