• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should/Will Metaknight be banned in ITEMS tournaments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
I really don't see a reason ban him in the tournaments that follow the SBR item tournament ruleset. In fact, I think pretty much every character is fair in an items tournament. I know most people don't like to play w/ items on, but there are very popular items tournaments. The ban on MK shouldn't be universal, if the SBR decides to issue it.

Anyone agree/disagree?
Why?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Oh yeah. Jack's thread here.

Their isn't enough interest in item tournaments to consider banning any1.

Actually, what are the results for most item tournys (if any1 HAS the results)?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
1. Items tourneys fail
2. Items fail
3. If anyone was to be banned in an items tourney, Sonic would definitely be the first to go.

RP`

Smash Apprentice
MK won't get "banned". It is all up to the TO's. So even if MK does get banned, he could still be in tournaments if the TO's wants him. Banning is just a suggestion to the TO's of what the general consensus of a community is.

Smash Master
Item tourneys aren't that bad. There is much strategy to picking the items tailored to your character's and your opponent's character's abilities. Furthermore, all the items that can cause drastic stock or percent shifts are banned. Using items effectively does require skill.

OMG I just noticed how many posts I have. I thought I was like at 800something. Wow.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
*Shrug*

Metaknight just gets better with items, even vs. other characters. MK's only flaw is that he doesn't have projectiles, and what does items on do? Give him projectiles. Not to mentions he's fast than pretty much all of the cast (with a few exceptions), he can suddenly get to those projectiles a lot quicker than most other characters.

I'm neutral on the whole MK ban thing, but this is just to deter any misguided posters who try to make the argument that items on makes MK any easier to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom